By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Can Feminists Get Any More Desperate?

o_O.Q said:
ReimTime said:

What I am saying is that exemplifying the opinions as expressed in this thread will only negatively effect your relationships with (the majority of, but not all) female peers. This doesn't just include the females you may be sexually interested to; a lot of people (male and female, young and old) may lose respect for you if they hear you advocate that opinion. Using Hentai as an example was a poor attempt at humor - connecting to how Hentai portrays women being connected to the views expressed, and a loss of friends leading to sexual frustration and a longing for companionship... but I digress. Obviously that isn't a guaranteed outcome.

Moving past that, I do believe in the values I am fighting for, and tbh I'm not sure how you came to the opposite conclusion. Don't put words into my mouth please.

All in all, I disagree with the opinion that women should be at fault when they are raped. Again it is an absurd notion in my head, but I won't gain any ground trying to convince you of my opinion. Just please, if you do anything at all, read about the Suffrage movement or any other legitimate feminist movement (not the hateful men are pigs movement) before you make up your mind on women's rights. And please at least reconsider the view of women being at fault for rape.

"this thread will only negatively effect your relationships "

so why did you choose to only use the sexual side as a punishment? you didnt say that having this mindset will impact negatively on emotional connections with women or your abiliy to bond with them

you focused only on what men use for sexual release and that tells me something... especially because its the most common manipulative tactic used by feminists against men whether they be male or female

ironically you would think that men using alternative methods for sexual release over women would be celebrated as a way of lowering the chances of women having dangerous interactions with men but its not, its used as a shaming tactic lol

"a lot of people (male and female, young and old) may lose respect for you if they hear you advocate that opinion."

which opinions are you talking about exactly? 

"Moving past that, I do believe in the values I am fighting for"

well your actions tell me that this is not the case

now here i'm not talking about you specifically but feminist men in general... they always let slip in many ways that they are some of the biggest sexists around in that they think women are weak and incapable of taking responsibility

"I disagree with the opinion that women should be at fault when they are raped. Again it is an absurd notion in my head, but I won't gain any ground trying to convince you of my opinion."

and everyone here is in agreement with you... all people are saying is that precautions can be taken to avoid or lower the chances of encountering dangerous situations

"if you do anything at all, read about the Suffrage movement or any other legitimate feminist movement"

ironically i'm sure i know more about the feminist movement, its origins and its real goals than you do

" And please at least reconsider the view of women being at fault for rape."

well i would if i had that view to begin with

I'm sorry you feel that way about my example, I can tell it was a poor way of getting across what I wanted to say.

"which opinions are you talking about exactly?"

In context, the opinion that women should be held accountable for being raped. I can't really expand upon that without redundancy.

Contrary to my prior beliefs, it appears that we actually share many opinion.

The only part I may disagree with (and I can't tell if you hold this opinion or not, but I think others do) is how we may go about taking precautions to lower the risk of future sexual abuse. Some users present here, it would seem, think that action needs to be taken by the females (ie: don't go out alone etc.). I believe that there are better ways of dealing with it, starting with an educational foundation and continuing with moral accountability on the male's part. Is that a losing battle? Will there always be rapists? That's tough to say, but telling women not to go out alone or get drunk seems like an inefficient way of dealing with an existing problem IMO.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:

"I have lots of proof that testosterone on its own is not sufficient enough for the male to develop into a male, are you kidding me?"

this is what i said " the male sex hormone is needed for a man to develope physiologically" how does this translate to saying only testosterone is needed?

Well when someone says the male sex hormone I am going to assume they mean the most important one. You have to love the name as well, "Male Sex Hormone", because it tricks people like you who think it is only important to men since men and women are 'sooooo' different. There is infact no male or female hormones, instead those lables are simply generalizations. Kind of like what you are doing. Reading a review or study of any scientific project (16 of them in 2015) will net you zero occurences where physicians and neurologists mention the male sex hormone. Never happens. That's because women and men's psychology, whether you like it or not, are the same. Not only for these reasons I pointed out, either. But let's drop the stupid questions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"so since women have testosterone too why don't they develop the same way as men? please explain this one for me"

why did you skip my question? since women also possess testosterone why do they not develope into men?

Because its a question I have already addressed. Seriously, I have stated many times that men and women, physiologically speaking, are less than 0.5% different....and your wondering why I haven't answered your question yet again?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Psychology and physiology are not linked in the manner that you are proposing"

well prove that this is not the case instead of just asserting it... i can assert that the moon is made of cheese doesn't mean that its true

so far all you've succeeded in doing is demonstrating that you don't really know what any of these things mean and here are you are trying to school people on it

Oh come on, you know the difference between physiology and psychology, ones physical and the other is mental. Class dismissed. Your homework is to learn how to stop playing stupid.

" I was pointing out that both fields could be used in conversation at the same time since testosterone affects both, not that both act in the same way"

i sincerely do not comprehend what you are trying to say here

We were on the topic of testosterone. Testosterone affects both physiology and psychology. Physiology and psychology aren't the same just because testosterone has an effect on both. Get it?

ReimTime said:

I'm sorry you feel that way about my example, I can tell it was a poor way of getting across what I wanted to say.

In context, the opinion that women should be held accountable for being raped. I can't really expand upon that without redundancy.

The only part I may disagree with (and I can't tell if you hold this opinion or not, but I think others do) is how we may go about taking precautions to lower the risk of future sexual abuse. Some users present here, it would seem, think that action needs to be taken by the females (ie: don't go out alone etc.). I believe that there are better ways of dealing with it, starting with an educational foundation and continuing with moral accountability on the male's part. Is that a losing battle? Will there always be rapists? That's tough to say, but telling women not to go out alone or get drunk seems like an inefficient way of dealing with an existing problem IMO.

"I'm sorry you feel that way about my example"

all i'll say is that you should value the sacred emotional connection between men and women more than just the base desire for sex

"The only part I may disagree with (and I can't tell if you hold this opinion or not, but I think others do) is how we may go about taking precautions to lower the risk of future sexual abuse"

the problem is simply that as long as potential rapists have relative freedom, women will always be in danger and as a result they have a couple options to increase their safety : either avoid situations that appear to be dangerous or use some type of self defense method

outside of women's choices the only option avaliable to society is to restrict the freedom of men

people pretend that education is also a viable option but to me it obviously is not because there are people that do not care about what they are taught or other people in their environment and these people are generally the type of people that cause harm to other people whether that be through rape or other methods

", starting with an educational foundation and continuing with moral accountability on the male's part. "

what if the male as plenty students do refuses to adhere to your teachings? what if they possess low empathy and hate authority? how does education work then? well it doesn't and i'm pretty sure it is these kinds of people that are rapist generally

"Will there always be rapists? That's tough to say"

are people who are psychopathic or who possess low empathy ever going to disappear? no they are not...

if you keep everyone under survelance in addition to retricting their freedom/controlling their behavior well yeah under those circumstances you could eradicate rape but otherwise no, i can assure you that education is not going to do it

o_O.Q said:
ReimTime said:

all i'll say is that you should value the sacred emotional connection between men and women more than just the base desire for sex

"The only part I may disagree with (and I can't tell if you hold this opinion or not, but I think others do) is how we may go about taking precautions to lower the risk of future sexual abuse"

the problem is simply that as long as potential rapists have relative freedom, women will always be in danger and as a result they have a couple options to increase their safety : either avoid situations that appear to be dangerous or use some type of self defense method

outside of women's choices the only option avaliable to society is to restrict the freedom of men

people pretend that education is also a viable option but to me it obviously is not because there are people that do not care about what they are taught or other people in their environment and these people are generally the type of people that cause harm to other people whether that be through rape or other methods

", starting with an educational foundation and continuing with moral accountability on the male's part. "

what if the male as plenty students do refuses to adhere to your teachings? what if they possess low empathy and hate authority? how does education work then? well it doesn't and i'm pretty sure it is these kinds of people that are rapist generally

are people who are psychopathic or who possess low empathy ever going to disappear? no they are not...

if you keep everyone under survelance in addition to retricting their freedom/controlling their behavior well yeah under those circumstances you could eradicate rape but otherwise no, i can assure you that education is not going to do it

Yeah it is a tough call. I wish there was an easy answer. I do agree that women should be more careful but that is still a far cry from claiming that they should be held accountable for being raped (as some users present have done).

Would getting tougher on sexual crimes work maybe? Harsher penalties? Who knows; although I do know the death penalty has done nothing to reduce crime rates in Texas.

As an aside, this may be a good topic for any Sociology class. I may bring it up my next class to see if my Professor would be interested in having a class discussion about it in our Crimes and Punishment unit.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

A_C_E said:
o_O.Q said:

"I have lots of proof that testosterone on its own is not sufficient enough for the male to develop into a male, are you kidding me?"

this is what i said " the male sex hormone is needed for a man to develope physiologically" how does this translate to saying only testosterone is needed?

Well when someone says the male sex hormone I am going to assume they mean the most important one. You have to love the name as well, "Male Sex Hormone", because it tricks people like you who think it is only important to men since men and women are 'sooooo' different. There is infact no male or female hormones, instead those lables are simply generalizations. Kind of like what you are doing. Reading a review or study of any scientific project (16 of them in 2015) will net you zero occurences where physicians and neurologists mention the male sex hormone. Never happens. That's because women and men's psychology, whether you like it or not, are the same. Not only for these reasons I pointed out, either. But let's drop the stupid questions.

"so since women have testosterone too why don't they develop the same way as men? please explain this one for me"

why did you skip my question? since women also possess testosterone why do they not develope into men?

Because its a question I have already addressed. Seriously, I have stated many times that men and women, physiologically speaking, are less than 0.5% different....and your wondering why I haven't answered your question yet again?

"Psychology and physiology are not linked in the manner that you are proposing"

well prove that this is not the case instead of just asserting it... i can assert that the moon is made of cheese doesn't mean that its true

so far all you've succeeded in doing is demonstrating that you don't really know what any of these things mean and here are you are trying to school people on it

Oh come on, you know the difference between physiology and psychology, ones physical and the other is mental. Class dismissed. Your homework is to learn how to stop playing stupid.

" I was pointing out that both fields could be used in conversation at the same time since testosterone affects both, not that both act in the same way"

i sincerely do not comprehend what you are trying to say here

We were on the topic of testosterone. Testosterone affects both physiology and psychology. Physiology and psychology aren't the same just because testosterone has an effect on both. Get it?

"Well when someone says the male sex hormone I am going to assume they mean the most important one."

male sex hormone generally refers to testosterone 

"it tricks people like you who think it is only important to men"

well its a good thing that i didn't say that then

"That's because women and men's psychology, whether you like it or not, are the same. "

well you keep asserting it without providing anything to back up your case while i have backed up my argument with examples that so far you have not refuted

"Seriously, I have stated many times that men and women, physiologically speaking, are less than 0.5% different"

lol but why don't women instead of becoming women develop into men? you still haven't answered the question... yes i know that you think men and women are pretty much the same but i'm still asking you why the development goes in one direction rather than the other

"you know the difference between physiology and psychology, ones physical and the other is mental."

yes yes but your claim is that they are not linked in the way that i have proposed... i'm asking you to back up your assertion

"Physiology and psychology aren't the same just because testosterone has an effect on both."

lol but i never said that they were the same, what i said is that both are linked so differences in one also results in differences in the other

meaning that since men and women are different in terms of physique these differences also show clear differences in terms of behavior such as men being more aggressive and stronger due to the effect of having significantly larger quantities of testosterone in their bodies

Around the Network
ReimTime said:
o_O.Q said:

Yeah it is a tough call. I wish there was an easy answer. I do agree that women should be more careful but that is still a far cry from claiming that they should be held accountable for being raped (as some users present have done).

Would getting tougher on sexual crimes work maybe? Harsher penalties? Who knows; although I do know the death penalty has done nothing to reduce crime rates in Texas.

As an aside, this may be a good topic for any Sociology class. I may bring it up my next class to see if my Professor would be interested in having a class discussion about it in our Crimes and Punishment unit.

the penalty for murder if you are caught is very often death or life time inprisonment and people still do it... what does that tell you?

ReimTime said:

You don't see a disparency with the moral accountability? I mean, are you suggesting that ones should have only freedom, and others only responsibilities? Essentially retuning to an era when women were property of their fathers or husbands?

Of course there will always be rapists. Just like there will always be murderers too. 

About the crime and punishment: the punishment works primarily to prevent things from happening, but one aspect I see rarely discussed today is, that prison or death are to have people who don't fit/are dangerous to society/people removed from the society to prevent him/her to cause more harm. If a rapist is put to prison, he/she do not rape while in prison - at least the normal people in society. If a murderer is senteced to death, he won't murder any more people.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

o_O.Q said:
ReimTime said:

the penalty for murder if you are caught is very often death or life time inprisonment and people still do it... what does that tell you?

Prisons are better than a 3 star hotels at least in the states. Gee, I wonder why life sentences and death sentences (takes forever to put someone to death) don't disuade criminals.

Aeolus451 said:
o_O.Q said:

Prisons are better than a 3 star hotels at least in the states. Gee, I wonder why life sentences and death sentences (takes forever to put someone to death) don't disuade criminals.

Ah, good to know - handy little piece of info.

Thaks!

CU......or CF ?

JamesGoblin said:
Aeolus451 said:

Ah, good to know - handy little piece of info.

Thaks!

Well, it is relevant in this if people are suggesting that punishing criminals isn't disuading bad people from breaking the law. Conditions in prisons are too nice.