By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Can Feminists Get Any More Desperate?

Aeolus451 said:

Well, my comparisons are between now and times when no studies were done. I tried to find any study that's reliable on this and haven't found one. Also, how would you know if it actually prevented a crime versus a person just doing it anyway? Its not like a criminal would just be honest about it. There's other ways to look at it. 

If we lowered the punishments for breaking traffic laws, would traffic violations increase or decrease?  If punishments for breaking laws weren't really detering people, why bother with the law/rule or the punishment for breaking 'em? Why have prisons or police?  

The whole point of punishments for breaking laws is to deter the masses or anyone that's thinking about it but it doesn't stop all crime. 

It's basically impossible to even do a trial run of what I want in the country that I live in. Shit would have to hit the fan for them to consider it. 

"Also, how would you know if it actually prevented a crime versus a person just doing it anyway?"

yeah that was a bad request but that's why i stated that crime rates have been dropping as punishments have been becoming less harsh

i ommitted a detail though i meant specifically violent crime 

http://www.citylab.com/crime/2015/09/violent-crime-rates-still-declining/408103/

so there does appear to be a direct correlation between punishments for violent crimes becoming less harsh and their occurances falling

"It's basically impossible to even do a trial run of what I want in the country that I live in. Shit would have to hit the fan for them to consider it."

the problem here is that a lot of people can't seem to accept that society will never be perfect because man is intrinsically flawed

what we can do is try to find a reasonable balance between safety and freedom but recently there seems to be a shifting towards security over freedom

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
Aeolus451 said:

Well, my comparisons are between now and times when no studies were done. I tried to find any study that's reliable on this and haven't found one. Also, how would you know if it actually prevented a crime versus a person just doing it anyway? Its not like a criminal would just be honest about it. There's other ways to look at it. 

If we lowered the punishments for breaking traffic laws, would traffic violations increase or decrease?  If punishments for breaking laws weren't really detering people, why bother with the law/rule or the punishment for breaking 'em? Why have prisons or police?  

The whole point of punishments for breaking laws is to deter the masses or anyone that's thinking about it but it doesn't stop all crime. 

It's basically impossible to even do a trial run of what I want in the country that I live in. Shit would have to hit the fan for them to consider it. 

"Also, how would you know if it actually prevented a crime versus a person just doing it anyway?"

yeah that was a bad request but that's why i stated that crime rates have been dropping as punishments have been becoming less harsh

http://www.citylab.com/crime/2015/09/violent-crime-rates-still-declining/408103/

so there does appear to be a direct correlation between punishments for violent crimes becoming less harsh and their occurances falling

"It's basically impossible to even do a trial run of what I want in the country that I live in. Shit would have to hit the fan for them to consider it."

the problem here is that a lot of people can't seem to accept that society will never be perfect because man is intrinsically flawed

what we can do is try to find a reasonable balance between safety and freedom but recently there seems to be a shifting towards security over freedom

Well, we don't know if that's because of lenient punishment or some other reason. We also don't know if it's even accurate. 

Aeolus451 said:

Well, we don't know if that's because of lenient punishment or some other reason. We also don't know if it's even accurate. 

true correlation isn't causation and if feminists have taught us something its that not all statistic are valid

o_O.Q said:
Aeolus451 said:

Well it's just like we previously said about houses that have bathroom catching fire... they are correlated in that almost all houses with bathroom catch fire so perhaps we should get rid of all bathroom.

How do they concluded that reducing the punishment the violent crimes reduced? In Brazil we have 30y maximum sentence for any crime and most criminals leave the jail after only 10y and our crimes have been rampaging.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

o_O.Q said:

its not it completely defies what we actually see in reality which is why i'm asking for an actual case where this has been shown

Women having more testosterone than other women defies science? Men having less testosterone than other men defies science? These are my examples that I listed before and you think it goes against reality? You want examples? Lookup polycystic ovarian syndrome and you will find cases where women produce way more testosterone than the average woman. There are also many genetic conditions that can lower a male’s testosterone level or not have a sufficient amount since birth. They still develop into men.

Men and women both have ALL the exact same hormones, just different balances of each one. Your argument is that since one has more than the other they are psychologically different. But not all men have the same testosterone levels and not all women either. I'm arguing that psychology is not bound by sex. Any random woman can be violent, even though most may not be. Same goes for men.

Any psychological state that a woman can be in, a male can be in as well and vice-versa.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well your beliefs actually seem very religious to me and completely defy science... which is what amuses me about many atheists they go around bashing theists for supposedly irrational beliefs while they themselves believe in a lot of ridiculous horseshit and they somehow don't see how they are similar to theists in that way

i must tell you that its the funnist thing in the world to see this for what it is

I don't remember stating any beliefs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

do you think that i'm saying that women are a different species to men? if you don't what was the point of posting this?

What? no...what the...?? Yeah!!!! I think you think women are a different species to men, derp derp. More stupid questions…

The chimp was used to illustrate my point that we can't just use what we see as factual evidence. Science proves that chimps, although look heavily different from people, share THAT much of the same DNA as us. I don't care about some random person’s anecdotal evidence; I care about empirical evidence sustained through the process of science.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you still haven't answered my question which is why does the progression to one or the other occur?

Oh, sorry you didn't get the analogy...XY sex-determination system. Talks about chromosomes. Yeah, I believe we learned about this in... grade 2? Your welcome. Come back when you're done reading, k? We'll discuss further if you're thirsty for more.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ah yes absolute thinking either something must be the same or completely different... there can be no shades of grey where there are both differences and similarities

good lord what are they teaching you in school these days?

Wouldn't know since I think school is a complete waste of time unless you want to work for a company. I’ve mentioned the shades of grey, thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

can you quote this?

We’ve already been through this and it lead to you re-asserting that physiology and psychology were linked to one another to which I gave an argument to which you gave an argument and now we are here. It’s ok for you to place my point towards psychology in the direction of physiology since they are both linked in your opinion. Makes sense.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i agree correlation is not causation but where is your disproof that it is actually testosterone that impacts aggression?

I don't have any disproof and I haven't claimed that I do. I'm on the side guessing testosterone would be a contributing factor to aggression in people but the evidence, although seemingly obvious, is inconclusive.

you keep asking questions that to me are so obvious that i'm wondering what kind of life experience you have

lets say we have two guys one who is very muscular and another who is small and skinny... who are you more likely to pick a fight with and why?

Yay, fallacious questions! The skinny guy since he probably only produces as much testosterone as the average woman. Not a serious answer btw.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well obviously since it is impossible to test all people with high testosterone

Why would you look at from that angle? Of course it’s impossible to test all people with high testosterone, just like it’s impossible to label all feminists as man-haters. If I were in your shoes and read that statement, I would have assumed he was pointing out that studies done on people with high testosterone and big muscles aren’t all necessarily more aggressive.

actually the video is right to some degree since men are indeed more predatory with regards to sexual activity because men have higher sex drives and society places the burden of initiating sexual contact on men generally

my problem with the video is that its intended to guilt and shame men for actions they in most cases have never even imagined committing... to ultimately put them in a mindset like what you appear to have right now

I don’t in any way support the video so what kind of mind-set do you think I have? It is what it is, not what you think it is. I think all people should be held accountable for their actions, not just a select group or gender. When I’m arguing towards the fact that women and men are psychologically the same I’m speaking on a scientific foundation. This video was a social presentation that provided no evidence towards the notion that men are the way they think men are. Instead, the video depicts improper views of men and uses faith/anecdotal claims as evidence instead of putting forth an empirical argument. The video is a fallacious object used to garner the attention of anyone who may be weak-minded enough to follow it.

Your assertion that my mind-set falls in line with this video is hilarious and shows how little credibility your claims have on me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you are contradicting yourself within this very sentence lol 

Let me use a better example. A man with larger muscles doesn’t always have a more aggressive attitude. If physiology and psychology were linked in the manner you propose then explain Napoleon complex, otherwise known as small man syndrome?

Around the Network
A_C_E said:
o_O.Q said:

its not it completely defies what we actually see in reality which is why i'm asking for an actual case where this has been shown

Women having more testosterone than other women defies science? Men having less testosterone than other men defies science? These are my examples that I listed before and you think it goes against reality? You want examples? Lookup polycystic ovarian syndrome and you will find cases where women produce way more testosterone than the average woman. There are also many genetic conditions that can lower a male’s testosterone level or not have a sufficient amount since birth. They still develop into men. 

Men and women both have ALL the exact same hormones, just different balances of each one. Your argument is that since one has more than the other they are psychologically different. But not all men have the same testosterone levels and not all women either. I'm arguing that psychology is not bound by sex. Any random woman can be violent, even though most may not be. Same goes for men. 

Any psychological state that a woman can be in, a male can be in as well and vice-versa.

well your beliefs actually seem very religious to me and completely defy science... which is what amuses me about many atheists they go around bashing theists for supposedly irrational beliefs while they themselves believe in a lot of ridiculous horseshit and they somehow don't see how they are similar to theists in that way

i must tell you that its the funnist thing in the world to see this for what it is

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

do you think that i'm saying that women are a different species to men? if you don't what was the point of posting this?

What? no...what the...?? Yeah!!!! I think you think women are a different species to men, derp derp. More stupid questions… 

The chimp was used to illustrate my point that we can't just use what we see as factual evidence. Science proves that chimps, although look heavily different from people, share THAT much of the same DNA as us. I don't care about some random person’s anecdotal evidence; I care about empirical evidence sustained through the process of science.

you still haven't answered my question which is why does the progression to one or the other occur?

Oh, sorry you didn't get the analogy...XY sex-determination system. Talks about chromosomes. Yeah, I believe we learned about this in... grade 2? Your welcome. Come back when you're done reading, k? We'll discuss further if you're thirsty for more.

ah yes absolute thinking either something must be the same or completely different... there can be no shades of grey where there are both differences and similarities

Wouldn't know since I think school is a complete waste of time unless you want to work for a company. I’ve mentioned the shades of grey, thanks.

can you quote this?

We’ve already been through this and it lead to you re-asserting that physiology and psychology were linked to one another to which I gave an argument to which you gave an argument and now we are here. It’s ok for you to place my point towards psychology in the direction of physiology since they are both linked in your opinion. Makes sense.

i agree correlation is not causation but where is your disproof that it is actually testosterone that impacts aggression?

I don't have any disproof and I haven't claimed that I do. I'm on the side guessing testosterone would be a contributing factor to aggression in people but the evidence, although seemingly obvious, is inconclusive.

you keep asking questions that to me are so obvious that i'm wondering what kind of life experience you have

lets say we have two guys one who is very muscular and another who is small and skinny... who are you more likely to pick a fight with and why?

Yay, fallacious questions! The skinny guy since he probably only produces as much testosterone as the average woman. Not a serious answer btw.

Why would you look at from that angle? Of course it’s impossible to test all people with high testosterone, just like it’s impossible to label all feminists as man-haters. If I were in your shoes and read that statement, I would have assumed he was pointing out that studies done on people with high testosterone and big muscles aren’t all necessarily more aggressive.

actually the video is right to some degree since men are indeed more predatory with regards to sexual activity because men have higher sex drives and society places the burden of initiating sexual contact on men generally

my problem with the video is that its intended to guilt and shame men for actions they in most cases have never even imagined committing... to ultimately put them in a mindset like what you appear to have right now

I don’t in any way support the video so what kind of mind-set do you think I have? It is what it is, not what you think it is. I think all people should be held accountable for their actions, not just a select group or gender. When I’m arguing towards the fact that women and men are psychologically the same I’m speaking on a scientific foundation. This video was a social presentation that provided no evidence towards the notion that men are the way they think men are. Instead, the video depicts improper views of men and uses faith/anecdotal claims as evidence instead of putting forth an empirical argument. The video is a fallacious object used to garner the attention of anyone who may be weak-minded enough to follow it.

Your assertion that my mind-set falls in line with this video is hilarious and shows how little credibility your claims have on me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me use a better example. A man with larger muscles doesn’t always have a more aggressive attitude. If physiology and psychology were linked in the manner you propose then explain Napoleon complex, otherwise known as small man syndrome?

You already answered yourself way back... when you say chimps differ like 0,5% from human on DNA and the differences are so big then you supposition of only 0,5% between man and woman on physicological side then how could you say that difference isn't enough for all we are supposing

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

ReimTime said:
o_O.Q said:
ReimTime said:
I'm promising myself to avoid threads like this in the future. Sorry for getting banned and leaving you on your own SpokenTruth. It seems out of our control anyway.
My opinion is that women should not be held accountable for having been raped. The idea that they should be sounds absurd to me but that's as far as I'll go.
I hope you all are humbled before you're stuck with Hentai for life. I am genuine in saying that. Try to avoid the militants who just try to get your attention (so you'll attack them back) because that creates a self-fulfilling prophesy: they say men are pigs, you respond defiantly, they say this is proof, you respond defiantly etc.
If I had a wish it would be for all people here to read one Feminist scholar's work objectively. Read about the Suffrage movement, or the sexual revolution. Please don't let GamerGate and militant feminists ruin all the others' image for you.
Best of luck

What I am saying is that exemplifying the opinions as expressed in this thread will only negatively effect your relationships with (the majority of, but not all) female peers. This doesn't just include the females you may be sexually interested to; a lot of people (male and female, young and old) may lose respect for you if they hear you advocate that opinion. Using Hentai as an example was a poor attempt at humor - connecting to how Hentai portrays women being connected to the views expressed, and a loss of friends leading to sexual frustration and a longing for companionship... but I digress. Obviously that isn't a guaranteed outcome.

Moving past that, I do believe in the values I am fighting for, and tbh I'm not sure how you came to the opposite conclusion. Don't put words into my mouth please.

All in all, I disagree with the opinion that women should be at fault when they are raped. Again it is an absurd notion in my head, but I won't gain any ground trying to convince you of my opinion. Just please, if you do anything at all, read about the Suffrage movement or any other legitimate feminist movement (not the hateful men are pigs movement) before you make up your mind on women's rights. And please at least reconsider the view of women being at fault for rape.

Just wanted to say thank you for expressing so well what a lot of us also believe, but can't express that well. You're a true ambassador of this site and you prevent some of us from losing all hope in humanity. Reading some articles without being prepared to hate them no matter what would be a big step forward for vgc and the internet as a whole.

Aeolus451 said:

Surely, harsher punishments won't prevent all crimes from happening but it would stop some before they happened because of the "would be" criminals that sit on the fence called risk & possible punishment versus reward. 

Not sure if true, but when I was in China I was told if you're caught with drugs on you (or was it selling drugs, not sure), you get the death penalty. In my year there I didn't meet a single person who would even talk about drugs. Even foreigners living there.

Then when I was in the UK there was "free" weed every party I'd go to and it was mostly with pretty smart or at least educated people (also different groups). Sure, it's illegal in the UK too, but the punishment is such that no one really seems to be afraid of getting caught. 

naruball said:
ReimTime said:
o_O.Q said:
ReimTime said:
I'm promising myself to avoid threads like this in the future. Sorry for getting banned and leaving you on your own SpokenTruth. It seems out of our control anyway.
My opinion is that women should not be held accountable for having been raped. The idea that they should be sounds absurd to me but that's as far as I'll go.
I hope you all are humbled before you're stuck with Hentai for life. I am genuine in saying that. Try to avoid the militants who just try to get your attention (so you'll attack them back) because that creates a self-fulfilling prophesy: they say men are pigs, you respond defiantly, they say this is proof, you respond defiantly etc.
If I had a wish it would be for all people here to read one Feminist scholar's work objectively. Read about the Suffrage movement, or the sexual revolution. Please don't let GamerGate and militant feminists ruin all the others' image for you.
Best of luck

What I am saying is that exemplifying the opinions as expressed in this thread will only negatively effect your relationships with (the majority of, but not all) female peers. This doesn't just include the females you may be sexually interested to; a lot of people (male and female, young and old) may lose respect for you if they hear you advocate that opinion. Using Hentai as an example was a poor attempt at humor - connecting to how Hentai portrays women being connected to the views expressed, and a loss of friends leading to sexual frustration and a longing for companionship... but I digress. Obviously that isn't a guaranteed outcome.

Moving past that, I do believe in the values I am fighting for, and tbh I'm not sure how you came to the opposite conclusion. Don't put words into my mouth please.

All in all, I disagree with the opinion that women should be at fault when they are raped. Again it is an absurd notion in my head, but I won't gain any ground trying to convince you of my opinion. Just please, if you do anything at all, read about the Suffrage movement or any other legitimate feminist movement (not the hateful men are pigs movement) before you make up your mind on women's rights. And please at least reconsider the view of women being at fault for rape.

Just wanted to say thank you for expressing so well what a lot of us also believe, but can't express that well. You're a true ambassador of this site and you prevent some of us from losing all hope in humanity. Reading some articles without being prepared to hate them no matter what would be a big step forward for vgc and the internet as a whole.

Thank you naruball, that means a lot to me

#1 Amb-ass-ador

A_C_E said:
o_O.Q said:

can you quote this?

"Women having more testosterone than other women defies science? Men having less testosterone than other men defies science? "

no, in the same way that someone being born with six toes doesn't defy science... there are exceptions but generalisations are used so a baseline can be established

"Lookup polycystic ovarian syndrome and you will find cases where women produce way more testosterone than the average woman."

so you are using a condition where a woman is sick with some illness to corroborate your case? do i really need to go into why that is nonsensical?

regardless i'm sure that testosterone levels in this case do not go up to the level of male testosterone levels

"Any psychological state that a woman can be in, a male can be in as well and vice-versa"

yeah never said otherwise

"The chimp was used to illustrate my point that we can't just use what we see as factual evidence. "

the scientific method is based on observations... if you aren't using observations then what are you using?

"Science proves that chimps, although look heavily different from people, share THAT much of the same DNA as us."

fun fact for you women share even more DNA with us! amazing right? doesn't mean shit though since i wasn't talking about differences on the genetic level

"Oh, sorry you didn't get the analogy"

i wasn't asking for an analogy i asked a direct question about a process 

"XY sex-determination system."

no that's not specifically what i was talking about... the body secretes various hormones throughout our development that push our physical development... if you don't have those hormones at the right levels then your body won't develop as it would be expected to develop

" It is what it is, not what you think it is. "

well you don't need to tell me that; you should say that in the mirror instead

"Your assertion that my mind-set falls in line with this video is hilarious"

no that's not what i said... i said methods like these are being used to guilt and shame men into having a particular mindset where beliefs like "men and women are the same" may take root  even though observable reality tells you that its a silly belief

but regardless i apologise for making that claim as it wasn't at all relevant anyway

"A man with larger muscles doesn’t always have a more aggressive attitude."

uh yeah exceptions do exist but we know that muscular men tend to be more aggressive than men that are flabby, yes its a generalisation, yes there are exceptions like with every classification

"If physiology and psychology were linked in the manner you propose then explain Napoleon complex"

lol are you really posting an example of a behavioral condition triggered by physiological short comings as proof that there is no link between the two? now that is funny