By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Can Feminists Get Any More Desperate?

naruball said:
SpokenTruth said:

Why do we men want to treat rape so differently?  Would straight men feel the same if they were drunkenly voilated by another man?

Just wanted to say, excellent point.

I had a friend who got stoned with a bunch a friends and then one of them (female) tried to have sex with him when he was clearly almost completely out of it and couldn't even stand straight. He got really upset and ever since I heard that, I didn't speak to her again. It's just wrong. Period.

I think the issue is, that all the guys know that if you don't want to get in a fight, you stay out of the situations where you're most likely to get in a fight. If you hang out on a station alone and drunk on a friday night past midnight, your risk of getting robbed and beaten is high, compared to being somewhere else or being sober. If you get robbed and beaten, it wasn't your fault, but it was idiotic to go to the station to begin with.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
bdbdbd said:

You're trolling aren't you? Have you been living in a barrel, or how come you fail to recognise all the Green parties around the world? For example the EU parliament has 50 Greens/EFA meps.

And yes, they do silently accept the acts of terrorism.

Because in the US, the Green Movement and green politics has meant something completely different for the past 50+ years.  It's largely about basic environmental awareness and ecological action.  Very little in actual politics.  The best the official Green Party has ever done in the US for the presidential race was just 2.7% of the popular vote.  

When you say green over here, we don't think politics.  It's a recylcing project, cleaning up a river or efficient use of power.

The Green Movement is the Green politics (notice Green instead of green, the latter would be the environmental movement). Yes, in the US most of the Green Movement relates to feminists first, whereas in Europe most of the feminists relate to Green Movement. If these terms overlap in these topics, it because of this.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

SpokenTruth said:
bdbdbd said:

I think the issue is, that all the guys know that if you don't want to get in a fight, you stay out of the situations where you're most likely to get in a fight. If you hang out on a station alone and drunk on a friday night past midnight, your risk of getting robbed and beaten is high, compared to being somewhere else or being sober. If you get robbed and beaten, it wasn't your fault, but it was idiotic to go to the station to begin with.

That is the very definition of victim blaming.  Should they be aware of the consequences of their actions?  Absolutely, but being drunk outside after dark isn't a free pass to get mugged. 

There's a big difference in blaming someone for his/her own actions, ie being stupid, and justifying the evildoers actions. There's this thing that my grandmother, and my mother, taught me; just because you can doesn't mean you should. If you climb on a cliff and fall, you're not morally to blame for the fall, but you're to blame for climbing on the cliff. Thing is, that it is real life and in the real life unwanted things happen, and it is you who has to take care for yourself, even if you aren't to blame.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

When I was a kid, my mom taught me not to let my Game Boy lying around in school or somewhere else. Someday, I did just that and it got stolen. Guess what, I got no compassion whatsoever - it was my fault. Nobody asked who the thief was. Nobody cared, I was stupid enough to let the thing lying around without watching after it.

Now nobody is saying that victims are automatically to blame for every crime that happened. But there indeed are ways to protect yourself and it is important to know about what you can do to protect yourself. The world is full of assholes and you can't change that simple fact. That's why it's best to defend yourself. If you have to go to weird places in the middle of the night while you're totally wasted, expect bad things to happen. It doesn't make the one commiting the crime any less guilty, but it makes you look very fucking stupid, that's why you just can't expect people to care too much.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Mr.Playstation said:

This video made me depressed, can't believe how hard feminists are trying to use the "Man are all pigs" motto.

And yet you seem to be using the feminists are all extremists motto,correct me if im wrong.

If you really mean it that way then this post puts you on the same position as the few feminists that give a bad example by generalising men.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

Nope. Your fault is denying that the hormones have an effect of physicological aspects of woman and man and saying that is because both produce it in some way.

And yes most of the emotions (but no pre-menstrual issues) could be produced by either gender... but why a set of them is more common on men or women? And why men and women have different inclinations and interests? Guess why, because they are different.

Never denied hormones having any effect on the physical nature of the mind and body, why would I deny such a thing? Are you being serious?

I have already stated that testosterone and estrogen are more common in one than the other, have you not read what you are responding to? You are literally re-typing what I have already stated. You are talking about averages as in women do more of this because on average they produce more estrogen. I'm am talking about the unconfined nature of testosterone and estrogen or any biological chemical reproduced through body and mind. The amygdala works in the exact same manner in women as it does for men, but like you say which I have already agreed upon, women should be more emotional throughout their lifetime due the different levels of chemicals produced in the body and mind. Clearly you don't understand my footprint in this discussion.

o_O.Q said:

look the point i was making here is that if someone is producing less testosterone than a woman then they will not develope into a man because the male sex hormone is needed for a man to develope physiologically

what evidence do you have that there are men that exist with less testosterone than women because this completely goes against what we know about biology?

I have lots of proof that testosterone on its own is not sufficient enough for the male to develop into a male, are you kidding me? lol

"the amount of testosterone does not dictate whether a man is a man"

so since women have testosterone too why don't they develop the same way as men? please explain this one for me

"Your fire analogy was not one to show the effects of testosterone physically but instead was used to describe what would happen mentally"

as i said and you agreed, physiology and psychology are linked

yes it causes more aggression as a psychological effect but it also causes physiological effects... as i've been saying over and over again there is no dividing line between both

"do you even know the effects of testosterone"

i have to ask the question because from your claims its obvious that you don't know how these things work and therefore before you try to speak on them it would be best to go and read up on them

" why it would be better to look at an individual as an individual"

ironically it is the beliefs you are pushing that are grounded in a desire to erase individuality, but for some reason you can't see it

Psychology and physiology are not linked in the manner that you are proposing, two completely different engines when you put testosterone into the mix as well. I was pointing out that both fields could be used in conversation at the same time since testosterone affects both, not that both act in the same way, and you seem to purposfully misjudge these notions and fit them into your imaginary puzzle.

Ok lets just stop here because we are literally going in circles of you asking silly questions and me answering them never in the way you like.

-edit- Which is not to say I think you're below me because I don't think that way at all, I just get the feeling this conversation is going nowhere, blame that on me all you want.

SpokenTruth said:
bdbdbd said:

There's a big difference in blaming someone for his/her own actions, ie being stupid, and justifying the evildoers actions. There's this thing that my grandmother, and my mother, taught me; just because you can doesn't mean you should. If you climb on a cliff and fall, you're not morally to blame for the fall, but you're to blame for climbing on the cliff. Thing is, that it is real life and in the real life unwanted things happen, and it is you who has to take care for yourself, even if you aren't to blame.

But the cliff was passive in that action, not active.  If someone is attacked and the first thing you wonder is where was he, what was he doing that got him attacked...then you are looking to blame the victim first.

What I'm saying is, that no matter if you get hurt by active or passive object, it is you who need to judge whether you should be doing something or not. If you get run over by a car on a crosswalk, it's the drivers fault, but it is you who needs to be careful when crossing the road, not the society. Society helps in the way, that the drivers insurance pays your funeral.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

1) What the hell are you doing drinking alcohol at 16? Am I the only one on this planet that doesn't drink? I mean REALLY! Your dad protects you, but for some reason lets you go out in a party with alcohol and stupid teens.

2) It's quite funny. They'll cry over things such as this(and they sometimes have a good reason to do so). Yet, when a guy complains that a girl is insulting him severely(calling him a rapist, loner, etc) they just say to stop being butthurt- it's just a joke. Nice honesty there.

3) "I love him, but I hate him". So you're telling me you love a guy who beats you up? Oh hell no! I wouldn't care who the person is. If someone physical harms you, then whoop their ass back! I wouldn't care if it's my father(though my parents would never do so). If someone tries to hurt you, use self defense. If it's to the point where you might hurt them, do it. Protect yourself, by any means necessary.

4) Why do feminists ALWAYS put all men together? They get mad when people do it with feminists, but will happily do it with men(fun fact: there are MORE MEN THAN FEMINISTS. Shocking, I know).

5) At the end, she says every insult has some truth to it. So why the hell are you "emotionally hurt" by it? Look, here's the way you can solve the stupid and immature insults:

Are they true? If so, then why get hurt? Why cry over reality? Get over it and move on. And if you don't like it, make a change. No one is stopping you.

If the person is an idiot(and a liar), then why are you even feeling hurt? You know it's a myth, so just forget the buffoon and keep living life. For instance, if a couple of kids in my school said I give blowjobs to my teacher, I know it isn't true! Make a witty comeback to the idiot, or give them a quick beating. Just don't back down. Besides, most kids can tell the difference between a real story and something made by the gossip girl.

In conclusion: I'd like to quote a song as a response to this video:

"Why the fuck you lyin’?
Why you always lyin’?
Hmmmmm Oh my god
Stop fucking lying!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

I don't appreciate how they made the man Mr. Perfect when he had perfect hair, and a wifebeater when he began balding. Balding men matter too.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius