By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Are you right wing or left wing?

 

Are you left winged or right winged?

Right winged! 144 48.00%
 
Left winged! 156 52.00%
 
Total:300
WolfpackN64 said:
Groundking said:

No, they're not, he never worked a job in his life, he was no more than a crackpot philosopher, he was no politician. No, he was kicked out of Belguim because he was arming the Bulgian revolutionists, and he was kicked out of France because they realised he was a moron. He often got money from his Father and his Wifes Family, Marx's family was a upper-middle/lower-upper class family, the fact that he inherited at least 5000 Francs way back in 1848 (IIRC, it was when there was massive uprising in Europe, which also lead to the French Monarchs being overthrown) tells you all you need to know about his own families wealth, let alone his wifes. Yes, like I said he exploited the workers of Engels families factory. He's a complete hypocrite.

If you truly believe that deregulation leads to monopolies in the free market then you have no economic knowladge at all.

No, the only apology regarding Marx that is in order is HIS appology to firstly his whife, who by his means ostricised her from her Family, proceeded to lead what should have been an upper class family, considering both family backgrounds, to lose FOUR out of the seven children they had by living in truly awful conditions (because he refused to go out to work and earn money, and boozed what they had away), AND for cheating on her with the 'housekeeper', who was nothing more than a slave, as he never paid her. Then he needs to appologies to society as a whole for spewing such utter nonsense that has lead to untold, unessecary deaths and turmoil in the world.



It's getting really pathetic if you need to resort to lies to defame Marx...

Just admit you were wrong.



The sad thing is, is that they're not lies :( He really was from an upperclass background, as was his wife, as was the fact he never worked to earn money, as was the fact that he couldn't manage money at all. I won't admit I'm wrong about something I'm right about, you should admit your wrong for spouting such tripe as regulation helps competition. I mean FFS just THINK about that for a minute, please, just THINK about that, and if you have half a brain-cell between your ears you'll realise how wrong you are.





Around the Network
Groundking said:
WolfpackN64 said:

It's getting really pathetic if you need to resort to lies to defame Marx...

Just admit you were wrong.



The sad thing is, is that they're not lies :( He really was from an upperclass background, as was his wife, as was the fact he never worked to earn money, as was the fact that he couldn't manage money at all. I won't admit I'm wrong about something I'm right about, you should admit your wrong for spouting such tripe as regulation helps competition. I mean FFS just THINK about that for a minute, please, just THINK about that, and if you have half a brain-cell between your ears you'll realise how wrong you are.



I stated what he worked for. I'm not repeating myself. I'm not correcting my right about monopolies either.

 





TheGamer95 said:
I am right winged by German standarts. That would equal to center in the US.
But then again Germany is very left winged, i mean just denying that global warming is that big of an issue makes you an "ignorant conservative" here. Like Germany is literially full with tree hugers.

Global warming is not a thing. Climate change is.



Toxy said:
TheGamer95 said:
I am right winged by German standarts. That would equal to center in the US.
But then again Germany is very left winged, i mean just denying that global warming is that big of an issue makes you an "ignorant conservative" here. Like Germany is literially full with tree hugers.

Global warming is not a thing. Climate change is.

 

The average global temperature has increased by over a degree fahrenheit in the last century. Call it what you will but there is a clear warming trend that is occurring on a global level and the term global warming is still accurate.



WolfpackN64 said:

I stated what he worked for. I'm not repeating myself. I'm not correcting my right about monopolies either.

1) Just about any economist worth their salt, from Keynesian, to Chicago, to Austrian, will tell you that monopolies form when barriers to entry into a market are high. Thus, the higher the barriers to entry, the more likely monopolies are to form. Regulations increase the barriers to entry.

2) Diseconomies of scale act as a natural check on monopoly power in a free market. I guess you haven't worked in a large corporation before. Talk to people who have, and ask them about the bureacracy and internal management struggles that go on. Truth is, there's no way that they could compete against any startup without all the artificial barriers protecting existing industries, and various Government subsidies that keep them in profit.

The corporation I work for, now spends 60% of it's multi-billion dollar budget on regulatory compliance. Think about that. How could any new entrant to the market possibly hope to legally compete.

3) The most extreme example of this can be seen in drug prohibition. They aren't called "cartels" because the name sounds cool.



Around the Network
SamuelRSmith said:
WolfpackN64 said:

I stated what he worked for. I'm not repeating myself. I'm not correcting my right about monopolies either.

1) Just about any economist worth their salt, from Keynesian, to Chicago, to Austrian, will tell you that monopolies form when barriers to entry into a market are high. Thus, the higher the barriers to entry, the more likely monopolies are to form. Regulations increase the barriers to entry.

2) Diseconomies of scale act as a natural check on monopoly power in a free market. I guess you haven't worked in a large corporation before. Talk to people who have, and ask them about the bureacracy and internal management struggles that go on. Truth is, there's no way that they could compete against any startup without all the artificial barriers protecting existing industries, and various Government subsidies that keep them in profit.

The corporation I work for, now spends 60% of it's multi-billion dollar budget on regulatory compliance. Think about that. How could any new entrant to the market possibly hope to legally compete.

3) The most extreme example of this can be seen in drug prohibition. They aren't called "cartels" because the name sounds cool.

Some regulations protect competition, some advance monopolies. Truth remains, if you're in a completely deregulated economy, being an ambitious young company won't do you any good if large monopolies will try to squash you by any means necessary.

In the earlier stages of capitalism, where regulations were few or nonexistant, there was a clear and undeniable tendancy towards monopoly. From industrial to banking monopolies.

 





i've got two wings. it keeps me from flying in circles and not going anywhere.



I think I'm in the center, leaning to the left on social issues and right on economic issues.



Signature goes here!

I'm a lefty. I'm a member of the communist party here in Spain, and I honestly think that the only way this country will improve is through the left side of the Force (Muahahaha).



Beyonce says "to the left, to the left, to the left"

I say to the right