By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Are you right wing or left wing?

Are you left winged or right winged?

Right winged! 144 48.00%

Left winged! 156 52.00%

Total:300

My opinions seem to align me more to the left. It depends on where you are in the world. By US standards I'm as far from Right as is possible (which is not the same as being as Left as possible), but by the standards of my own country, I'm a bit closer to the middle.

US politics is a place of extremes, where as here in Australia our two major parties are both pretty centred, one slightly left, one slightly right. Which one I vote for each election depends on individual policies, whereas if I lived in the US I'd vote Democrat, if only because the people usually running for the Republican party scare the absolute shit out of me more so than the people on the left do.

Around the Network

Social democrat, so I suppose I'm a leftist.

Please change your title to include USA. The U.S. Right and left wing are much different than other countries with odd ball collections of morals attached. 

Right or or left? One trying to survive without the other? In an idiots world, a plane can fly with only one wing. In a respectful world, one side respectfully disagrees with the other but understands the need for their opinions. 

Neither. I am more of a breast and thigh person. ;)

Right wing because I'm right handed.

Around the Network

I'm a bit all over the place.
I have voted very to the left but also very to the right. I'm more about having strong opinions on separate issues than just putting a label on myslelf and accepting everything that comes with that label.

I LOVE ICELAND!

I voted for right

I am right winged by German standarts. That would equal to center in the US.
But then again Germany is very left winged, i mean just denying that global warming is that big of an issue makes you an "ignorant conservative" here. Like Germany is literially full with tree hugers.

I am both side, a few thing is good in right and some good in left, and some good in center ^^ but if have to choice i prefere right because they more to help poor people and help the wild !

I'm far-left, it would be accurate to describe me as a communist. Now, to clarify my position (since "communist" can have many implications), I'm for council communism. Think of the Russian Soviets (worker's councils). I do however fully acknowledge that the old soviets quickly became vehicles for the USSR bureaucracy to put only the people they wanted in there. I think that democracy at a local level, without political parties and with participation of anyone who wants in at the decision making process is ideal, together with a wide national level with very representative parliaments (in case of Belgium, with 11 000 000 inhabitants, a 1000 headed parliament would be ideal) and one of the parliaments being randomly picked people as a check against a representative parliament. The national level should mainly concern themselves with things like defense, foreign policy and making guidelines for infrastructure and such. Also, I think that except for banning hate speech that people should be free to speak and criticize. 'Communist' nations of old and present have a big problem in trusting their people, that should be fixed.

Well, that explanation got larger than I intended.