By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Are you right wing or left wing?

Are you left winged or right winged?

Right winged! 144 48.00%

Left winged! 156 52.00%

Total:300

I'm a centrist. If I were to vote (in the States), I'd vote right-wing, because they can't do as much damage as the left-wing people can.

Around the Network

I tend to see eye to eye with many social, environment and some economic issues of centre-left Canadian parties (LPC, NDP, GPC), although in terms of military and guns I lean more towards the CPC. So I'm probably centrist leaning towards the left.

I'm a non-voter. Voting just gives a false sense of democracy. It really doesn't make any difference. Just look at the last election. Next to Ed Miliband and Cameron even Farage looked appealing.

As a Christian, I'm naturally drawn to the side that advocates for the life of babies. However, for the most part, I'm more libertarian on a federal level (meaning I don't think the federal government should have hardly any powers over the states). On a state/local level, I'm a social conservative and fiscal moderate.

I am a Christian and because of that I am against abortion and homosexuality, however, I know that telling people they can't partake in something is no way to convince them about why they need Jesus, so I've become libertarian on that issue too (meaning I don't think the government should have a say in it). In fact, I think marriage shouldn't be a government thing in general. It's a private thing in my view.

I consider myself slight right, but in modern world that went far right without even noticing, I believe majority would consider me as some kind of extreme left.

CU......or CF ?

Around the Network

I believe that countries like Sweden, Norway, Finland and other Nordic countries have the right idea.
They offer their citizens, as well as people from abroad free education. They have a fantastic health system. Most importantly, if you compare them to other countries/regions such as Australia, UK, and the US; they have barely any depression or suicide.

Offering such services means that the population is overall more happier, and they also have a high percentage of employment. So those who argue that offering such services only lends itself to freeloaders are simply wrong. Free education means those who come from a poor family still have the opportunity to enter college without encumbering themselves with a huge debt.

I also believe that all forms of government are inherently corrupt. Whether they are serving themselves, or that of corporations, governments systematically attack their citizens (and those outside of their region). I also believe that there are many laws that are arbitrary, that serve to benefit the highest bidder, and to demolish the human rights of those 'beneath' them. If you look at the treatment of homeless people, this much becomes increasingly apparent. Laws that are created to prevent people from sleeping outside - this is clearly an attack on the homeless, who do not have the option of sleeping indoors, as this liberty has been taken away from them.

Another arbitrary enforcement is the fact that an individual will serve more time in prison if they were to rob a bank, than if they were to commit murder.

I do believe that there are necessary laws, such as those put in place to prevent people from speeding. I believe one is free to put their own life at risk, as it is their own life to with as they will. However, one should not put the lives of others at risk.

I am a firm believer of equality. I think that separating human beings by race or gender is damaging to society. Racism is still holding people back, and often the media plays a heavy role in this by creating moral panics. The same media that is often funded and/or owned by major corporations so they can corrupt society with their own agenda. Rupert Murdoch is fundamental offender.

Their are still inequalities for both female and males. They both have different inequalities, and they also have the same. Perhaps I will provide examples of this some other time.

I also believe that we should adopt some form of Athenian democracy. The masses should be able to vote for every individual law. The law should be proposed to the masses, and the masses vote via an app. Easy. Technology makes it easier for a more democratic society, however, the government does not want people to have this sort of power, because it makes the government redundant. They want to keep the power they have, they do not want the general population to have a say. That is why we are stuck with a fake democracy. We get to vote a party in for 3-4 years. After that we don't have any say. This is not democracy. Those who believe it is are only deceiving themselves.

Overall I believe in freedom (obviously within reason).

I appreciate the effort of whoever takes the time in reading this.

Good day all.

I am a communist. No bonus points for guessing where that puts me...

RolStoppable said:
I am non-voter. The way the political system works is that realistically no matter what happens, nothing big will ever change. Therefore I don't need to know anything and don't need to waste time on worrying about things that aren't going to happen anyway.

Depends what country you live in though. lol

Eh middle but left-leaning though. Hearing what the Right believes and such I think it's better to stay on the left.

Right wing conservative because I actually care about my country