By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 5, ROTTR, Forza 6, Gears sold over 1 million as Xbone outpaces the 360

CGI-Quality said:
Azzanation said:
People complain about ROTR not selling well but a important fact is this.

Sold 2.45m on the PS3 with a install base over 80m+
Sold 1.88m on the 360 with a install base over 80m+

ROTR sold 670k+ on the XB1 with a user base of over 18m+

Attach rate is higher on the XB1 then the last gens reboots.

The difference, those titles didn't launch during the holiday time and Tomb Raider was having to re-establish itself as a franchise at that point. Fast forward to Fall 2015 and the reboot had done its job and its sequel would have done much better as a full blown multiplat. 

Besides, attach rates don't really change the grand scheme of things. The PS3 saw plenty of games with better attach rates last gen. I don't know if ROTTR "flopped" or not, but that's not the best example to use.

We wont know for sure but judging from MS and SE, there happy with the sales, its also a game with legs, i can see it selling all thoughout this year. Could possibly sit on 2m soon.

The way the numbers are looking, if the XB1 had a user base of 80m, TR would probably be sitting on 5m+ going from attach rate of last gens reboots.

The game is not a flop, gamers need to remember that its alot harder selling a game to a smaller user base then it is on a larger user base. In this case, the XB1 has a higher attach rate then the 2013 reboot which means that the game is doing pretty well for a console with not even a 1/4 of the user base as last gen consoles.

Around the Network

I wish ms would come out and say how much each has sold. Would like to know where halo sits. Probably what 2.5-3.5 million retail and how many digital? 500k? 1millon?. If it's done 3 million retail and 1 million digital(that would be 25% digital) that's not at all horrible and way better than people make it out to be. Could conceivably be anywhere from 3-4.5 million if by charts numbers are close and digital is 10-30%.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

bananaking21 said:

Tomb Raider is coming off a game that sold 8 million. its sales are greatly disappointing to say the least.

The game went timed exclusive because MS paid for it. Not because SE loves MS and was under the illusion it could achieve 8 million sales on 360 and X1. Hence, MS likely had to cover the cost of sales lost by not being on the competing platform. Maybe cover some/all development and marketing costs? We don't know the deal they worked out.

Maybe it won't achieve 8 million sales in the long run. But I think it can do 6 million sales when it eventually comes to PC and Playstation. Millions more will acquire from bundles, GwG, PS+, etc. Frankly, its really good game and won't just vanish.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Shipped or sold to consumer?

That rotr number is probably both xbone and 360..........hope it's not though

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
AEGRO said:
It is interesting that while the Xbox One has been selling at a faster rate than the Xbox 360, it has moved way less amount of Software.

Does anybody has a theory about why?

Bundles with lots of games.... after that, it just sits under a tv... looking pretty?

could be its lacking appealing games?

Then people buying it'd seem pretty odd... odds are people just buy digital rather than physical or rely on GWG to provide them with free games...

I told ya guys Lara and the Chief were just making out.

Worried over nothing~~

Just confirmed to be sold through consumer...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Gotta be 

CGI-Quality said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Shipped or sold to consumer?

Sold through (consumer). 

Deeeeznuuuts said:
That rotr number is probably both xbone and 360..........hope it's not though

I'm thinking X1 + 360.

Gotta be, especially seen as it's hardly been in any charts