Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New NX details from Ubisoft dev; portable device will launch first (rumor)

Is it real?

Yes 84 27.18%

No 111 35.92%

John Cena in Smash is realer! 114 36.89%

Total:309

I wouldn't trust a rumour from 4chan, let alone Ubisoft.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
curl-6 said:

The last time Nintendo announced a major new Wii U game was E3 2014.

I think that says all that needs to be said about their current and future commitment to the system.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's the same for the 3DS aswell, not really in terms of quality but budget and ambition. Most all 3DS games from Nintendo since 2014 have reused assests and engines and/or are remakes, S.T.E.A.M. and Federation Force being the only exceptions.

Pokemon OR/AS = Remake + reused engine + asset reuse.

Majora's Mask 3D = Remake + reused engine + asset reuse.

Xenoblade 3D = Remake/Port

Paper Jam = Reused engine + asset reuse.

Home Designer = Reused engine + asset reuse

Pokemon SMD = Reused engine + asset reuse

Triforce Heros = Reused engine + asset reuse

Fire Emblem Fates = Reused engine + asset reuse ...maybe. (I haven't really looked at this game on purpose.)

Software production on both systems is winding down, as 3DS reaches the end of its natural life and Wii U is given up on. The major Nintendo studios will have long since been shifted to NX development.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

Software production on both systems is winding down, as 3DS reaches the end of its natural life and Wii U is given up on. The major Nintendo studios will have long since been shifted to NX development.

I knows I'm just pointing out how the 3DS is in the same boat since people tend to single out the Wii U. It's important because this only adds to the possibility of NX being a fusion concept what with both current systems being dropped at the same time.

Raze said:

Or Ubi's. If I had a business partner that turned tail at the first sign of struggle, then wanted back in when things were good again, I'd tell them to shove it.

So Nintendo should say screw you to every other publisher then?

And you wonder Nintendo has such rubbish 3rd party relations. 

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Nintendo needs to just ride the Wii U out till 2017, then it would be a better time to release the NX to retailers.

CaptainExplosion said:

Nintendo needs to just ride the Wii U out till 2017, then it would be a better time to release the NX to retailers.

And how exactly do they ride out Wii U for close to another 2 years?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:

And how exactly do they ride out Wii U for close to another 2 years?

Would you rather they pulled a Sega Saturn instead, and rush an underpowered system to market with nothing to attract players, RIGHT AFTER ANNOUNCING IT?

CaptainExplosion said:

Would you rather they pulled a Sega Saturn instead, and rush an underpowered system to market with nothing to attract players, RIGHT AFTER ANNOUNCING IT?

First of all, u didn't answer my question, how do they ride out another 2 years?

Second of all, there have been many successful devices that released within 4 years of their predecessor, Genesis released just 3 years after Master System, DS released 3.5 years after GBA, 360 released 4 years after Xbox. None of these were rushed.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:

First of all, u didn't answer my question, how do they ride out another 2 years?

Second of all, there have been many successful devices that released within 4 years of their predecessor, Genesis released just 3 years after Master System, DS released 3.5 years after GBA, 360 released 4 years after Xbox. None of these were rushed.

Well I don't know, I don't even know what else they have planned for the Wii U.