By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New NX details from Ubisoft dev; portable device will launch first (rumor)

Is it real?

Yes 84 27.18%

No 111 35.92%

John Cena in Smash is realer! 114 36.89%

Total:309

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

Nintendo needs to just ride the Wii U out till 2017, then it would be a better time to release the NX to retailers.

And how exactly do they ride out Wii U for close to another 2 years?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

CaptainExplosion said:

Would you rather they pulled a Sega Saturn instead, and rush an underpowered system to market with nothing to attract players, RIGHT AFTER ANNOUNCING IT?

First of all, u didn't answer my question, how do they ride out another 2 years?

Second of all, there have been many successful devices that released within 4 years of their predecessor, Genesis released just 3 years after Master System, DS released 3.5 years after GBA, 360 released 4 years after Xbox. None of these were rushed.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

CaptainExplosion:

Well I don't know, I don't even know what else they have planned for the Wii U.

Basically nothing, the fact that 2016 is all outsourced titles, ports & delayed games along with not announcing any significant internally developed titles for 1.5 years shows that Nintendo is gearing up to replace Wii U sooner than later.

CaptainExplosion said:
zorg1000 said:

Basically nothing, the fact that 2016 is all outsourced titles, ports & delayed games along with not announcing any significant internally developed titles for 1.5 years shows that Nintendo is gearing up to replace Wii U sooner than later.

Which is still a stupid idea. Need I remind you again of the Saturn fiasco? Or how about the transition from the Saturn to the Dreamcast ONLY FOUR YEARS after the Saturn launched?

And need we remind you of the success of Genesis/Mega Drive, Nintendo DS and Xbox 360? Just a few minutes after you ignored that fact?

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
zorg1000 said:

CaptainExplosion:

Which is still a stupid idea. Need I remind you again of the Saturn fiasco? Or how about the transition from the Saturn to the Dreamcast ONLY FOUR YEARS after the Saturn launched?

If ur just going to ignore what I said than don't reply to me.

I already gave u 3 examples of devices releasing within 4 years of their predecessor and being successful. Genesis, Nintendo DS, Xbox 360 all released within 4 years of their predecessors and went on to be the most successful devices that Sega, Nintendo, Microsoft have released yet.

Genesis was on the market for 6 years yet Saturn failed, PS2 was on the market for 6 years yet PS3 saw a big drop, Wii was on the market for 6 years yet Wii U failed. It's not the timeframe that's important, it's how the company handles and executes the next device.

The two main reasons I think it's false are:
1. Based on the current sales situation, Nintendo will definitely release a new home console before a new handheld
2. Almost every single Nintendo leak in the past has been false

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Einsam_Delphin said:
Nem said:

Star fox and SMTxFE are co-developed with those companies. They are not completely "outsourced" as some of you want to believe. This is because Nintendo simply doesnt have the resources to develop more HD titles per year than they already are. Again, i will say this idea that Nintendo is holding back while developing lots of NX titles isn't the least bit serious. 

They are obviously already developing for the next systems, likely portable or something different. But there isn't one shred of evidance that its a sucessor to the Wii U. Its the least likely of the three.

Also, again we are to assume they are lieing. Always a sensible thing to do. Also, i don't need to present any proof, as you are the one making the claim that they are making a new home console that releases later this year. I'm saying that its very unlikely and you got no shread of evidance to support it. Even struggles in a logical sense, as we are not only to assume lies as we are to believe they got multiple games under development to be released this year with development kits released a couple of months ago. One year to do everything! Gogo!

But alas, believe what you want.

I will respond to whom i feel like. I don't like having to repeat things to the same people. When i'm convinced they won't listen to reason anymore i stop replying. Can't be bothered to read every wall of text of nonsense.

More like selective hearing, that's why you feel you have to repeat yourself, because you're not listening to the logic and reason that debunk what you're saying. If you still want to believe we "got no shread of evidance" despite all that's been given to you, by both users here and Nintendo themselves, then there's no more that can be done. I certainly can't be bothered with someone who ignores valid points. You'll just see for yourself come E3.

Nah, they (and you i suppose) just make outlandish claims when its clear it isnt the case. If there was any actual evidence or plausability to it i would be happy to change my mind. But, it's all wishful thinking and unrealistic views on game development. Thats why it makes me repeat myself and its a wall of nonsense. What would you have me do when they see a Nintendo that puts up 7-8 HD games a year as a Nintendo that is holding back? I can't really say anything else to it. It doesnt make them right. Sorry, but there is no evidence. Theres nothing else to gain from the conversation. I can't change the mind of people who want to believe and bend their view of reality for it. Theres so many holes in the theory but they don't listen.

For their own interest they have Nintendo throw away the portable market, giving it no diferentiation, they have them develop next-generation games with a development cycle of 1.5 years or less. None of it adds up. It's wishful thinking. Theres development kits with at best a couple of months... and games are supposed to come out less than a year from now. This is totally detached from reality. Theres nothing to debate.

If i'm wrong by some crazy uncharacteristic Nintendo that will do those things, then i will admit i was wrong. But as it stands there is nothing that leads me to believe that this is even a likely probability. If it is indeed what Nintendo is bringing, the NX will crash and burn, because they will only have 1 proper game ready for launch. You just need to think back to the Wii U. It took Nintendo 2 E3's to bring it out with only 2 launch titles that were weak even by Nintendo standards (Nintendo land and super mario bros wii u). The Wii had a full year of no releases before the Wii U came out and the Wii U still has quite a few titles coming out this year. They only have Retro ready for it. And retro is probably still busy making engines for the new machine/s. 

Its wishful thinking. It goes against everything Nintendo has proved be like in the last 5 years. I am not given to believe in the unlikely, so there you go.

Nem said:

Nah, they (and you i suppose) just make outlandish claims when its clear it isnt the case. If there was any actual evidence or plausability to it i would be happy to change my mind. But, it's all wishful thinking and unrealistic views on game development. Thats why it makes me repeat myself and its a wall of nonsense. What would you have me do when they see a Nintendo that puts up 7-8 HD games a year as a Nintendo that is holding back? I can't really say anything else to it. It doesnt make them right. Sorry, but there is no evidence. Theres nothing else to gain from the conversation. I can't change the mind of people who want to believe and bend their view of reality for it. Theres so many holes in the theory but they don't listen.

For their own interest they have Nintendo throw away the portable market, giving it no diferentiation, they have them develop next-generation games with a development cycle of 1.5 years or less. None of it adds up. It's wishful thinking. Theres development kits with at best a couple of months... and games are supposed to come out less than a year from now. This is totally detached from reality. Theres nothing to debate.

If i'm wrong by some crazy uncharacteristic Nintendo that will do those things, then i will admit i was wrong. But as it stands there is nothing that leads me to believe that this is even a likely probability. If it is indeed what Nintendo is bringing, the NX will crash and burn, because they will only have 1 proper game ready for launch. You just need to think back to the Wii U. It took Nintendo 2 E3's to bring it out with only 2 launch titles that were weak even by Nintendo standards (Nintendo land and super mario bros wii u). The Wii had a full year of no releases before the Wii U came out and the Wii U still has quite a few titles coming out this year. They only have Retro ready for it. And retro is probably still busy making engines for the new machine/s. 

Its wishful thinking. It goes against everything Nintendo has proved be like in the last 5 years. I am not given to believe in the unlikely, so there you go.

There is nothing unrealistic about anything the people who are debating with u are saying, u have shown time and time again to simply ignore anything that u don't personally agree with. U said having a strong launch+first year lineup is impossible, I showed u how this is actually feasible yet u brushed it aside as being impossible for absolutely no reason same goes for other conversations u have had with others.

zorg1000 said:
CaptainExplosion said:
zorg1000 said:

CaptainExplosion:

If ur just going to ignore what I said than don't reply to me.

I already gave u 3 examples of devices releasing within 4 years of their predecessor and being successful. Genesis, Nintendo DS, Xbox 360 all released within 4 years of their predecessors and went on to be the most successful devices that Sega, Nintendo, Microsoft have released yet.

Genesis was on the market for 6 years yet Saturn failed, PS2 was on the market for 6 years yet PS3 saw a big drop, Wii was on the market for 6 years yet Wii U failed. It's not the timeframe that's important, it's how the company handles and executes the next device.

Yes, as long as it isn't too short of a time gap, the games and strategy are what matters. Even dreamcast sold quite well, it was sega's financial problems that stopped them from supporting it longer.