By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New NX details from Ubisoft dev; portable device will launch first (rumor)

Is it real?

Yes 84 27.18%

No 111 35.92%

John Cena in Smash is realer! 114 36.89%

Total:309

Just found this on 4chan. Don't know if it could be real, but I thought it would be interesting to share: 

"Some days ago I had been in contact with an Ubisoft Bucharest developer. Now, my last few days have been very busy with the start into the new year. I hope you all had a great start into 2016. That's why I'm writing that now and after he told it to me. So apperently Ubisoft Bucharest have recieved some NX dev kits in October 2015. And after experimenting a bit with the new hardware they started developing games for it. But now we come to the interesting thing: According to him, NX is a portable device and a home console. There will be two different devices, the handheld and the home console, the first one will launch in late 2016, while the home console will probably launch sometimes in 2017. They only recieved dev kits for the handheld as of now. He said they are both different systems but they share the same OS and account system, which makes it easier to him as developer to port games between both platforms. He also said that Nintendo probably doesn't intend to bring all their games to both systems, but he will find out more on this at CES 2016 where Nintendo will show them more of the hardware capabilities as well as the home console. Now I asked him what Ubisoft Bucharest is developing for the portable NX device and he answered that they are preparing a port of Assassin's Creed Liberation, a PlayStation Vita game, for it as a launch title. He said when they were asked by the Ubisoft managers in France what they want to develop they said they wanted to port an Assassin's Creed game to the handheld because they have a lot of experience in porting.

I also asked him what other Ubisoft devs are doing with the new hardware and he said he doesn't anything concrete but Ubisoft Montpellier is probably working on a new Rayman game and Ubisoft Montreal may also work a game. However Ubisoft doesn't work on any games for the home console currently.

He didn't want to say anything about the hardware itself because its specs may vary in the final product."

Do you think this is real? I don't know. Do like it if it's true?

Source: boards.4chan.org/vg/thread/127224678

Around the Network

There are so many things wrong in that "revelation" that's not even funny.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I already don't buy it, cause of 4chan and Ubisoft.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I have no idea if it's real or not. But if it's true, I don't know if a port of Liberation is a good idea. Assassins Creed didn't sell spectacularly on the WiiU, and Liberation is not precisely the flagship game of the franchise.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

JEMC said:

There are so many things wrong in that "revelation" that's not even funny.

What do you think is "wrong"?

Around the Network

Smells like confirmed.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

4chan? Yup, seems very legit to me!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Hahahahaha if this is real they are starting pretty bad...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Darwinianevolution said:
I have no idea if it's real or not. But if it's true, I don't know if a port of Liberation is a good idea. Assassins Creed didn't sell spectacularly on the WiiU, and Liberation is not precisely the flagship game of the franchise.

Nintendo already got the flagship AC imo ( no pun intended) ACIV blackflag!

Pavolink said:
Hahahahaha if this is real they are starting pretty bad...

What? Why? Ubisoft making 3 Games for the portable device that are probably launch titles would be amazing!