By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who here still plays in Standard Def?

I still game in standard-def... when playing a game that only supports standard-def. =P

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

i have the option to play on a 46" lcd, but i play with the 27" tube tv in my room because I'm more comfortable =). so i play on both.

Wii on a 32" Samsung LCD at 480p and it looks great.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

Me.....How do Wii games look on HDTVs?????

It really depends. On my 32" LCD they look great, on my dad's 55" plasma they look good. But both the TVs display 480p well. It really depends on the model and manufacturer of the TV.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

Around the Network

In my room at my apartment, I have a 20ish inch SDTV. However, in the next room comes the apartment's included 50" 720p/1080i HDTV and while it's a low quality TV (things don't fully fit on the screen and it's pretty blurry around the corners), it can at least make a world of difference when playing a game in 480i vs 720p/1080i.

SD is so last gen. For those that cant afford a HDTV you can always hook up your system to a monitor using VGA cables. I run my PS3, 360 and my PC off the same monitor.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

I play with my PS3 on a CRT TV, and although it is quite good, it is nothing when compared to the 50" HDTV downstairs that I hook it up to when my parents are away

Yep, in SD till this sucker breaks, not spending a penny on an HDTV until this happens.

( My TV and Wii match )

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:

Yep, in SD till this sucker breaks, not spending a penny on an HDTV until this happens.

( My TV and Wii match )

lol, we were the same way. My parents didn't want to get a new TV and then the tube on our SD CRT went out and now we have an HDTV that's amazing when it comes to games and movies.