By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who here still plays in Standard Def?

Still in SD. Likely to stay in SD for a while too even when I get a PS3/360

Around the Network

I don't think I do.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Unfortunately I still game in SD too. I also have problems reading the text.

But fortunately (and surprisingly) the cut-off date for analog broadcasts in South Africa is November 2008, so this is an excellent opportunity to get a HD set.

Not me. I played on PC until I got a PS3 (and HD TV) so appart from a view PS2 games I've never really played much in 'standard def'

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Hey people who don't want to buy , an hd tv , and have a computer monitor over at least 20 inches I recommend using that to play in hd. Games just look so much better in hd over sd.

Around the Network

I play in SD. Strangely enough we have an HDTV but only ever use the SDTV for gaming.

I still play in standard definition. 576i, because it's all my Sony TV supports.

PC doesn't counts right? :P

If that's the case, then me. I have a quite old and small SDTV. Soon I will buy a 42" HD LCD, but I will still be playing in SD with my Wii... or not? :D

I still play in SD with both my Wii and 360. Being a Uni student I can`t really afford to spend money on my DS, Wii and 360 and then buy a HD tv or HD set-top box.

I'm gaming on a 36" 4:3 15-year-old beast. I would probably have got an HDTV by now except I can't figure out where to put it. The cabinetry in what is presently the media center was built to house about the size of TV I have now, but if I go HD I want something BIG dammit! I'm thinking about putting it on a cart in front of the woodwork.

Also, there are like 8 huge drawers that hold tons of VHS tapes perfectly, but they're too short to hold DVD cases.

All in all, not very futureproof

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!