By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who here still plays in Standard Def?

I don't have a PS3 or a 360, but I do have wii which I play on a CRT. The CRT is in my room, and I've had for about 10 years. Over this 10 year period, I've had my n64, my gamecube, and now my wii plugged into it over the various years. When I play in the front, then it's on an HDTV (usually when friends/family come over........SD is fine for me).

Around the Network

me but im fine with it

Play B3yond

Well I play all my games on my 32" Mitsubishi hdtv, but I play my PS2 and Super Famicom in SD mode and my Wii(in 480p) and my 360 in (720p). :)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Not when I am playing on the PS3. I still have my PS2 hooked up to my tiny TV in my room.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I do when Playstation 3 demos don't support 1080i.

And you can't play non-nextgen fighting games on an HDTV because they lag even with the magical Game Mode.

480p is fine by me -- HDTV is retarded overrated. It's not like it makes textures or framerate better, which is more what I care about.

Around the Network

My 32" SDTV has lasted 20 years now. Will probably be replacing it with a nice HDTV next year, but until then I'm not bothering with any HD systems.

I do. I only have a Wii anyways so it would matter really.

Unless the particular PC game is HD. My PC is running on a 20" widescreen lcd via DVI connections. So, if the game can do it, then it is.

Oh OK......Is Samsung a good HDTV manufacturer??? I heard they are good.....BTW is Vizio good??? I saw one at Best Buy...

supermariogalaxy said:
Oh OK......Is Samsung a good HDTV manufacturer??? I heard they are good.....BTW is Vizio good??? I saw one at Best Buy...

Samsung LCD's are arguably the best in the market. For you Sony lovers  out there, Samsung builds Sony's LCD screens, not the entire TV, just screen. That should also hint how good their tech is.

I have a 20" LCD Monitor and it is really nice. I plan on buying an 46" LCD HDTV later this year as well. 

i still play in 480 :[

gamertag Brainteeth

psn Brainteeth

ios Brainteeth

Nintendo Network Brainteeth

Instagram Brainteeth