By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who here still plays in Standard Def?

My buddy has his 360 hooked up to an SD CRT, and he's always complaining about the text being too small. Any 360/PS3 owners still game in standard def?

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980

Around the Network

Me.

I just never got around to buying a new TV.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

I play in ED.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I still play my ps2 on a CTR just because when using A/V cables, SD on my LCD doesnt look good.

047370 975388

Advance Wars - Days of Ruin

OandAPartyRock, that picture is just weird. Is it you?

Around the Network

Super Mario Galaxy is still the best looking game I've ever played, despite it being 576i at 50Hz.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

I play games in standard, can not afford a darn HDTV.

standard def, pfft...... although no more heroes at 480p looks a bit, i don't know, meh, it's like hd 480p contradicts the art style, it's weird.

nintendo and sega fan since i was old enough to hold a game controller.

note: my games collection on my profile is only 20ish% complete, i've got a boatload of 360,saturn and dreamcast games to add and a few ps3 games, thanks :)

I don't own one, but my brother-in-law plays his PS3 on a SDTV. The real sad thing, is that it hasn't been hooked up to any TV whatsoever for over 3 weeks. It has been sitting on a chair collecting tons of dust (they have a wood fireplace for heat, so there really is a ton)

I think I should just "borrow" it, as I don't think he would notice. I would love to watch a blu-ray movie on my HDTV, and there are a handful of games I would rent too.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

*Raises hand* I don't have money for an HD-TV. Or maybe rather I'm not very good at saving up..... XD