By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games held the crown for best visuals in 2015?

Alkibiádēs said:
Super Mario Maker because nostalgia and being the only game with 4 different graphical styles.

Quantity over quality, am I right? lol

I have always thought this category should be divided between "Technical" and "Artistic".

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Chazore said:

Only RAD?, so nothing will melt PC's like Star citizen or anything from Crytek?, how is a multiplat game going to melt a PC, especially since to melt such a powerful PC there would have to be a massive difference in the multiplat game which I can't see happening from a studio  who's history has been with one console than anything else. Star Citizen has more chances of melting powerful PC's with visuals due to the game being made just for the platform and taking advantage of it's open nature.

Also if it;s in a strict 30fps lock then there will definitely be no melting, only pitchforks.

He didn't say the PC would melt... He said the faces of the ones who own those powerful PCs would melt, ie. that they would be blown away. Lol.

Furthermore, he didn't say "only RAD" so why are acting like he did? And why are you so (seemingly) unhappy with his opinion that RAD can make amazing graphics?

I'm talking about both though, in terms of hardware and being blown away, what CR showed nearly 2 years ago blew away POC gamers back then as it still does currently with their updates on their progress.

Why are you attaching emotions where there is none?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

The order looks insane so I'd pick that one for 3D and Ori for 2D. Gotta include Ori somehow :).

Chazore said:
Teeqoz said:

He didn't say the PC would melt... He said the faces of the ones who own those powerful PCs would melt, ie. that they would be blown away. Lol.

Furthermore, he didn't say "only RAD" so why are acting like he did? And why are you so (seemingly) unhappy with his opinion that RAD can make amazing graphics?

I'm talking about both though, in terms of hardware and being blown away, what CR showed nearly 2 years ago blew away POC gamers back then as it still does currently with their updates on their progress.

Why are you attaching emotions where there is none?.

Just because Star Citizen has blown people away with its graphics doesn't mean RAD also can. And there was no need to also talk about hardware melting, because the one you were quoting didn't say anything about melting hardware. (And given that you didn't mention impressing PC gamers at all in your first post, yet you mentioned melting hardware 5 times, forgive me for not understanding that you were talking about both...)

I said seemingly, because obviously I can't know your state of mind, but due to the fact that you were, based on what I could know then, basically criticizing/talking about two things he didn't mention, and zero things he did, I just figured you must've been a bit agitated. Sorry for my mistake.

Depends on what you're talking about. On the technical side The Order: 1886 is probably close. The level of detail in that game is insane. From a visual design standpoint it's much more difficult. Ori and The Blind Forest looks amazing though, as a lot of people have already pointed out. Witcher 3 and Bloodborne deserve to be mentioned as well, as their visual design is amazing in my opinion.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:

Just because Star Citizen has blown people away with its graphics doesn't mean RAD also can. And there was no need to also talk about hardware melting, because the one you were quoting didn't say anything about melting hardware. (And given that you didn't mention impressing PC gamers at all in your first post, yet you mentioned melting hardware 5 times, forgive me for not understanding that you were talking about both...)

I said seemingly, because obviously I can't know your state of mind, but due to the fact that you were, based on what I could know then, basically criticizing/talking about two things he didn't mention, and zero things he did, I just figured you must've been a bit agitated. Sorry for my mistake.

It's already blown peoples minds though.

You can't tell me what can and cannot melt, there are no rules against any talks.

You come off to me as being a bit more agitated ( if we go with the writing of unwritten rules and going on some out of nowhere offensive), I simply added Star Citizen in because RAD aren't the only guys to blow peoples minds when it came to visuals and hardly anyone (anyone at all) makes a mention of that game unless a PC user does (which leads me to believe no one on hereis ever going to give such a game credit due to it's platform or the devs vision).

No need to be sorry though, everyone makes mistakes.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Dragon Quest Heroes awesome looking game, both technical and art wise.

The Order is killing it here.

I thought on adding a poll but somehow didn't feel like narrowing down the options for this one.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

The Order. Fuck that game, but still. Orgasmic to look at.

The Order takes it on a technical level this year, with Battlefront right behind it. Art-wise, my tastes say Bloodborne in all its hideous beauty.