By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games held the crown for best visuals in 2015?

The Order 1886, Star Wars Battlefront and Driveclub

Around the Network

The Order wins on technical achievements.

It does have a bit too much post processing imo, making the image look very soft.

It's consistently good looking though, quite an achievement.

Artisically The Witcher 3 did a lot right. It had a lot of issues though with also plenty ugly scenes, a downside of open world.
One moment it looks like this

The next you can get this, with everything in between

The witcher 3 has the best character design this year

The vanishing of Ethan Carter came out on ps4 this year too, so maybe that counts as well?

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

Star Wars Battlefront, easily.

From a technological point of view, I have to agree with this. Based on what little I've seen from Battlefront and The Order, I find it strange that most people are saying The Order looks better.

Image quality wise that does look really good. I haven't played it though, never will as it's online multiplayer only.
Yet great textures and very sharp, if only it had a story campaign mode.

FunFan said:
Alkibiádēs said:
Super Mario Maker because nostalgia and being the only game with 4 different graphical styles.

Quantity over quality, am I right? lol

I have always thought this category should be divided between "Technical" and "Artistic".

IGN does that. They have "Best Graphics - Tech" and "Best Graphics- Art Style" at the end of each year. Its the sensible thing to do as some cant tell the difference and it avoids unnecessary beef in the comments section

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

curl-6 said:

I don't find it strange; it's a Playstation exclusive and this site has a high proportion of Playstation fans, giving The Order something of an advantage.

Irrelevant. Im a PC gamer and even I cant deny that The Order looks freaking incredible. Id say every shot of the Order in this thread looks better than the screenshot of StarWars you posted. Star Wars looks really good but The Order is more impressive in my book, ecspecially since it doesnt have mods and the extra horespower of a PC to back it up.

Around the Network

If youre gonna post screenshots use DigitalFoundry. They use actual framebuffer captures (proper representation of a game) and not bullshots or supersampled PC captures. This isnt a contest, The Order curbstomps vanilla Battlefront, even on PC.

The Order 1886 framebuffer shots (look at this shit, just look at)

BattleFront PC framebuffer shots

The Order wins hands down. Id give The Witcher 3 runner up as it was open world and still looked amazing.

CGI-Quality said:

I think it's less about PlayStation fans being "fanatical" and more about the fact that The Order was THE game that blew many, many people away visually in 2015, more so than was mentioned of Battlefront. And it definitely deserves those high marks. Plus, many people won't be able to experience Battlefront at its best.

Frankly, anyone who hasn't experienced both, first hand, really can't judge them against one another in any realistic way.

You stole the words right out of my next post ... 

And even if that were the case The Order 1886 still deserves just as much credit as Star Wars: Battlefront when it comes to being a technical masterpiece considering RAD's hard work for pushing boundries of graphical quality and pre-baked global illumination ...

The Order 1886

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

SubiyaCryolite said:
curl-6 said:

I don't find it strange; it's a Playstation exclusive and this site has a high proportion of Playstation fans, giving The Order something of an advantage.

Irrelevant. Im a PC gamer and even I cant deny that The Order looks freaking incredible. Id say every shot of the Order in this thread looks better than the screenshot of StarWars you posted. Star Wars looks really good but The Order is more impressive in my book, ecspecially since it doesnt have mods and the extra horespower of a PC to back it up.

You may be a PC gamer, but let's be honest, The Order does have an advantage by being a Playstation exclusive on a forum with a lot of PS fans.

Also, OP said "gaming machines", not "consoles", which means PC Battlefront maxed out at say, 1440p and 60fps, vs The Order at 1920x800 and 30fps is fair game.

metal gear solid 5 ps4