By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games held the crown for best visuals in 2015?

curl-6 said:
mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

Star Wars Battlefront, easily.

From a technological point of view, I have to agree with this. Based on what little I've seen from Battlefront and The Order, I find it strange that most people are saying The Order looks better.

I don't find it strange; it's a Playstation exclusive and this site has a high proportion of Playstation fans, giving The Order something of an advantage.

I'm not a Sony fan. However, the Order did an amazing job on visuals. Even though the game wasn't too memorable, I still enjoyed the looks of the game

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

Bloodborne. I love the gothic visuals in the game.
Splatoon. It's so colorful and the recent maps have beautiful details in them.
Yoshi's Woolly World. I love the art style.

Nah starways is proabably the best looking fps in 2015.... (But I'd go as far as to say that kz sf tops starwars visually) , the order def looks good too, but I haven't been that impressed this year with visuals

mM
jason1637 said:
The order and Xenoblade.

Xenoblade is good looking... .for a wii u game.

But the weakness of the wii u hardware limits how much you can really do on it, and sadly xenoblades, while a good looking game, isnt worthy of the "crown" for best visuals in 2015.

My vote would be: Star Wars Battlefront.

On a technical level, I guess Battlefront on PC. It looks amazing.

In terms of style, I would give it to Ori, though I haven't seen much of Yoshi and I am sure it looks amazing.

The Order looks nice but it's hard for me to give it any technical awards when you realize it sacrifices basically everything just for the visuals. It is designed to look good over playing good. Battlefront looks better and is actually a pretty open game with a lot going on.

Around the Network

The Order: 1886 (but The Witcher 3 and Bloodborne looked amazing too!)

I think Bloodborne has the best balance between power and artstyle.

SWB is easily the most realistic one.

As for design alone, Xenoblade Chronicles X world is breathtaking, Ori has an amazinly beautiful arstyle and Yoshi's Woolly World is one of the cutest games ever.

TheTruthHurts! said:
Star Wars Battlefront (PC) - Best Overall Graphics
Forza 6 - Visual fidelity at high speeds, weather
The Order - The amount of detail in every little item
Xenoblade Chronicles X- Draw distance.

If you take draw distance in account, I guess Elite Dangerous wins!

Bernard's loop (that half circle with the pupil), still visible 8000 light years away!
You spot a constellation in the sky and you can fly to it, can take a few hours though.

The Order 1886 and Star Wars Battlefront take the crown. There's really no contest here.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I WOULD have said The Order 1886 except that there are no reflections in actual mirrors or windows.

Thus, I have to give it to Star Wars Battlefront. It is, quite simply, an epic display of graphical tech running at 60 fps on limited console hardware. What they've accomplished there is worthy of recognition. Add to that the fact that two-player splitscreen, while reduced to 30 fps, is FULL width and maintains a large portion of the graphical fidelity? Star Wars Battlefront, hands down!

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/