By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your most unpopular opinion about gaming?

Hmmmmmm

GTA is awful

All 2D Zeldas are bad

Skyward Sword is the best Zelda

Open World games are mostly bad

Delicious, delicious games.

Around the Network
Raviel said:

-The Last of Us isn't a masterpiece. Reason: It does nothing that hasn't been done better elsewhere except characters. It does most things great and some things horrible (puzzles for example). The story is a giant cliché from any other zombie/post-apocalyptic movie (The Road, Children of Men). The A.I. is pretty bad. The only thing deserving of the masterpiece title in the game should be the opening because that is different and masterfully done. I think it got such high praise because nothing else in 2013 was great, making it stand out.

- Post-Nintendo Rare was still great (until Kinect Sports). Reason: Can't speak for Perfect Dark Zero but Viva Piñata and Kameo were great games with great critical response even. Even Banjo & Kazooie: Nuts 'n Bolts wasn't that bad (if you consider it a spin-off more than a 'next entry' in the series). Everybody thinks their glory days stopped when they were bought up but going with the games they made even back then, not all of their games were masterpieces. The same can be said here, they've had hits and misses (three misses with Kinect Sports though). Lastly, alot of people seem to have another definition of what a Rare-game is, some wont consider Kameo, Viva Piñata or Sea of Thieves to be Rare-games because it's not Banjo & Kazooie or Conker as if they only see them as Platformer-developers. Rare has always done all kinds of genres and Sea of Thieves is no different

It's totally cool if you don't like the Last of Us but you don't get to tell the rest of us why we liked it. :/

Delicious, delicious games.

Wright said:

Resident Evil 5 is the best Resident Evil game.

I agree:

Let's see, my unpopular opinions would be...:

-Final Fantasy VIII is a brilliant, gorgeous and amazing game that in many regards outshines VII (with some exceptions) and the draw system is not that bad.
-God of War is more enjoyable than DMC or Bayonetta
-GTA IV is better than GTA V
-Parasite Eve 2 is better than the original
-The original Diablo is better than the sequels
-Civilization III is the best in the franchise
-Demon's Souls is better than Dark Souls
-Fallout: New Vegas outshines Fallout 3 in every single way.

That's it for now.

bayonetta sucks i don't know why people like this shitty game
resident evil 6 is actually a good game
im glad that handhelds gaming are losing market share cuz i want japanese developers to focus more on console and pc
zelda is boring series
crash team racing > all mario kart games

Around the Network
Wright said:
ReimTime said:

Metal Gear Solid 2 has the most intelligently crafted narratives (specifically the ending sequence) in video gaming existence - but dull gameplay.

Dull gameplay is an integral part of MGS2 narrative. There's a reason why you're given the AK-74U silencer when you really don't need silencers anymore; why some annoying, intrusive tutorial codec calls are made when you've already beaten the Tanker part, or some other questionable gameplay decisions. Controls are indeed awkward and take some time adjusting (there's no excuse for those, especially considering Splinter Cell released the same year), but outside that, everything was intentional.

Yes but it doesn't matter if it was intentional or not. IMO it held the game back

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Hm.. Mine would be that pay-to-win is actually not a bad thing.

Games should be based on skill/strategy not by how much time you have to grind. Money = time. Thus being able to exchange time for in-game power that is limited only by how much time you have to grind is a reasonable thing.

Spike0503 said:
Let's see, my unpopular opinions would be...:

-Final Fantasy VIII is a brilliant, gorgeous and amazing game that in many regards outshines VII (with some exceptions) and the draw system is not that bad.
-God of War is more enjoyable than DMC or Bayonetta
-GTA IV is better than GTA V
-Parasite Eve 2 is better than the original
-The original Diablo is better than the sequels
-Civilization III is the best in the franchise
-Demon's Souls is better than Dark Souls
-Fallout: New Vegas outshines Fallout 3 in every single way.

That's it for now.

Not unpopular. FFVIII is one of the big three of Final Fantasy for a reason...

AsGryffynn said:

I've seen plenty of people hating on it around the internet as well as this site saying it's one of the worst in the series. I do understand the complaints even if I don't share them.

Spike0503 said:
AsGryffynn said:

I've seen plenty of people hating on it around the internet as well as this site saying it's one of the worst in the series. I do understand the complaints even if I don't share them.

It is a love it or hate it game, but so is IV and even X (the other member of the big three)...