By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your most unpopular opinion about gaming?

I don't know why some got riled up over Snoopy's opinion.

OT:

JRPG's aren't that important to gaming.

The PS4 is now officially a "dudebro" console.

Uncharted 2 is a little overrated (still deserves a 90+).

Halo 5 is a little underrated.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network

The WiiU is a perfectly fine primary console

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Made an account just for this thread!

My unpopular opinion: Bioware Infinity, Odyssey (yes, KotOR), and Eclipse engine RPGs suck and the Odyssey engine titles specifically played a significant role in dumbing down the genre.

New pokemon games suck.

CaptainExplosion said:
darkenergy said:
The PS4 is now officially a "dudebro" console.

You mean it wasn't before? -_-

It already is, actually the PS3 is also one as well but there are people who strongly disagree with this.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network

More unpopular opinions!

I prefer the design and size of the Xbox One to that of the PS4... I honestly prefer it when a console's front side is longer than its sides and don't like the slanted appearance. I don't like the ridge for the LED either, since it looks like they misplaced the disc drive (it's not on the right side as you'd expect, and the left side is too small for it to fit in) so they disc goes halfway in between.

I also like the chrome colored XONE LED more...

Final Fantasy 13 is THE BEST final fantasy in the main series. Quite serious.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

TheVoraciousFox said:
Raviel said:

-The Last of Us isn't a masterpiece. Reason: It does nothing that hasn't been done better elsewhere except characters. It does most things great and some things horrible (puzzles for example). The story is a giant cliché from any other zombie/post-apocalyptic movie (The Road, Children of Men). The A.I. is pretty bad. The only thing deserving of the masterpiece title in the game should be the opening because that is different and masterfully done. I think it got such high praise because nothing else in 2013 was great, making it stand out.

- Post-Nintendo Rare was still great (until Kinect Sports). Reason: Can't speak for Perfect Dark Zero but Viva Piñata and Kameo were great games with great critical response even. Even Banjo & Kazooie: Nuts 'n Bolts wasn't that bad (if you consider it a spin-off more than a 'next entry' in the series). Everybody thinks their glory days stopped when they were bought up but going with the games they made even back then, not all of their games were masterpieces. The same can be said here, they've had hits and misses (three misses with Kinect Sports though). Lastly, alot of people seem to have another definition of what a Rare-game is, some wont consider Kameo, Viva Piñata or Sea of Thieves to be Rare-games because it's not Banjo & Kazooie or Conker as if they only see them as Platformer-developers. Rare has always done all kinds of genres and Sea of Thieves is no different

It's totally cool if you don't like the Last of Us but you don't get to tell the rest of us why we liked it. :/

That is fair!
However, I do like The Last of Us, I just don't think it's a masterpiece and I wouldn't say that I'm telling you why you like it. More like, I'm speculating as to why it possibly is precieved as a masterpiece by the masses.

You obviously don't agree with that speculation and that's okay, I'm sorry if I offended you in any way

COKTOE said:
Final Fantasy 13 is THE BEST final fantasy in the main series. Quite serious.

Not the best, but it had a lot of undeserved bashing. The battle system was pretty sweet, as were the graphics...

PlayStation plus is better with fewer AAA games
The 5th console generation was the worse than the 2 before it or any since.
The 3DS is terrible for playing games on
steam isn't anywhere near as convenient as I'd expect
pcs are far from being as backward compatible as pc gamers say
a 2 hour game can be better than a 100 hour one
Not all games should be judged solely on if they are fun or not.