By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your most unpopular opinion about gaming?

1: Final fantasy 8 is the best FF since the ps1 era.
2: Way too many fps and open world games.
3: Xbox is and has always been too similar to ps thereby not needed.
4: DLC is the worst part of the industry.
5: MGS5 is a total bore fest. Huge empty Open world = BORING
6: GameCube is the best Nintendo console ever.
7: PS3 is the worst Sony console ever.
8: Halo and gears of war are dead. Let them have the respect they earned during the 360 and produce new franchises.
9: Uncharted is extremely overrated. Outside of the pretty graphics and voice acting, the actual gameplay is dull as hell.
10: Japanese niche games and jrpgs are better than 99% of the so called "AAA" crap we get every year.

Around the Network

Most games today are just uninteresting, uninspired, play-it-safe time-wasters that just suck life out of you, and even most good games serve more as fun distraction from real life rather than meaningful experiences. In the last 4 years I have bought just 1 new AAA game, and that's Bloodborne, things seem to be getting a little better now that Japan is trying to make a comeback, but I don't expect things to change too much.

Focusing on graphics and making that the selling point of new consoles is the cheapest trick that the industry can pull and is something that is going to bite them in the ass later down the rode.

Pokemon is annoying, won't call it overrated, since that word is meaningless to me.

Sonic deserves better, poor guy. Also, I believe that the Sonic Adventure formula, if done correctly and being improved upon, can truly be really amazing.

Mario deserves better, he's the face of videogames, the last inspired main Mario game came out in 2007, and I honestly believe that to be a problem.

Star Fox has a lot of untapped potential that most likely will never be used as long as Nintendo keeps playing it safe.

Also, I don't like Zelda.

I'm now filled with determination.

Final Fantasy 8 is my favourite RPG. This seems to really anger people.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Zelda II is heads and shoulders above and better than Zelda 1

O-D-C said:
Zelda II is heads and shoulders above and better than Zelda 1

Holy wow thats a hella opinion

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Around the Network

Destiny is actually a good game. So are the majority of Assassin's Creeds and Call of Dutys.

Making changes and expansions for the FF7 Remake - instead of a simple graphics overhaul - is a smart idea.

Metal Gear Solid 2 has the most intelligently crafted narratives (specifically the ending sequence) in video gaming existence - but dull gameplay.

To expand upon the MGS2 opinion, the reason its narrative is the most brilliant in video games is how accurately it nails how the digital future will be used by humans - despite the game being written in 2000. Here, have a quote:

"Everyone withdraws into their own small gated
community, afraid of a larger forum. They stay inside
their little ponds, leaking whatever "truth" suits
them into the growing cesspool of society at large."

Sound familiar? Kojima just described every forum on the internet. And if something goes wrong, we instead resort to looking for another convenient truth to make ourselves feel better. If the controls didn't blow so much, this game might be my favorite MGS

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Miguel_Zorro said:
Here's an unpopular opinion for this crowd - video gaming is a lazy habit and not a good use of time.

Yes, I game, and I therefore waste time.

You are entitled to your opinion, and that's all I'm gonna say about it. lol

Sony, if you're reading this, do something new with The Legend of Dragoon. You will make me a happy man. Thanks.

- Metal Gear Solid 2 is a masterpiece.

- Halo 3: ODST has the best Halo campaign.

- Last generation I enjoyed the Mass Effect series  better than Oblivion, Fallout 3, Skyrim(Even though I loved them all).

Miguel_Zorro said:
Here's an unpopular opinion for this crowd - video gaming is a lazy habit and not a good use of time.

Yes, I game, and I therefore waste time.

Everything is a waste of time. We're all on a timer until we die.

ReimTime said:

Metal Gear Solid 2 has the most intelligently crafted narratives (specifically the ending sequence) in video gaming existence - but dull gameplay.

Dull gameplay is an integral part of MGS2 narrative. There's a reason why you're given the AK-74U silencer when you really don't need silencers anymore; why some annoying, intrusive tutorial codec calls are made when you've already beaten the Tanker part, or some other questionable gameplay decisions. Controls are indeed awkward and take some time adjusting (there's no excuse for those, especially considering Splinter Cell released the same year), but outside that, everything was intentional.