By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Nikkei: Kojima done with Konami. Expected to form new studio and in talks with SCE

Nikkei - Kojima has officially left Konami, expected to start new company with KojiPro members, in talk with SCE

http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXLZO95184030W5A211C1TI5000/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=189337655&postcount=1

Around the Network

Can someone who knows Japanese translate this please?

#1 Amb-ass-ador

That would be the best case scenario for Kojima.

holy shitballs

ReimTime said:

"I'm really happy and excited to form my own studio in collaboration with SCE and to release a new franchise exclusive for ps4..."

That's all I got.

Around the Network
Sprash said:
ReimTime said:

"I'm really happy and excited to form my own studio in collaboration with SCE and to release a new franchise exclusive for ps4..."

That's all I got.

Be great to see a new IP from Kojima :)

Let's get this going, Sony-Kojima!

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Sprash said:
ReimTime said:

That's all I got.

According to Google Translate (aplogize for engrish lol):

"Hideo Kojima 's famous game creator , known for game software " Metal Gear " series , was left the Konami Digital Entertainment 15 date . Continue the game production and established a new company , to be seen to be sold in such as a game machine for the " PlayStation (PS) ," Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE).  We set up a subordinate and the new company of Konami era . Version of the masterpiece " Metal Gear " series ..

*edit* So pretty much exactly as you said but with terrible grammar

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Aww jizz. After all the hoopla, an exclusive PS4 from Kojima (and of course, assuming it's good) would be huge. It would fly off the shelves.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Thank fucking god. Finally, hiding behind legal Konami bullshit has ended for the man.