By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Nikkei: Kojima done with Konami. Expected to form new studio and in talks with SCE

I think you might see something come out of this at E3. Kojima + Sony just makes sense.

Around the Network
Luke888 said:
Imho Kojima should stay third party some way, the more of the gaming industry is capable of playing his games on their devices, the best it is for everyone, but that's only a Nintendo fan opinion :p

Also an opinion shared by me =P.

I'm glad he's left Konami and is free but saddened that someone is going to exclusively hold him down to a single platform which doesn't fill me with joy but dread, others would feel the same way if an IP wasn't allowed on their system or dev held to another. I find it a waste that his talent will only be used so much as well in the process rather than seeing what he can do across multiple systems over time.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I guess everyone kinda saw this coming, Kojima always had good relations with Sony and as soon as it became clear he was never gona work for Konami again ppl kinda expected him to do something in colaboration with Sony. Im glad he isnt going independent cause he needs big budgets to do the kinds of spectacles he likes doing, so by having a partner like Sony hell have the funding he needs.

Chazore said:
Luke888 said:
Imho Kojima should stay third party some way, the more of the gaming industry is capable of playing his games on their devices, the best it is for everyone, but that's only a Nintendo fan opinion :p

I'm glad he's left Konami and is free but saddened that someone is going to exclusively hold him down to a single platform which doesn't fill me with joy but dread, others would feel the same way if an IP wasn't allowed on their system or dev held to another. I find it a waste that his talent will only be used so much as well in the process rather than seeing what he can do across multiple systems over time.

According to updates (not provided by the OP) the game is a timed exclusive and the studio is being made by Kojima and former staff (not owned by Sony) of course it's all speculation at this point. 

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/kojima-leaves-konami-enters-talks-with-sony-for-de/1100-6433133/

awesome good news

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
Chazore said:

According to updates (not provided by the OP) the game is a timed exclusive and the studio is being made by Kojima and former staff (not owned by Sony) of course it's all speculation at this point. 

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/kojima-leaves-konami-enters-talks-with-sony-for-de/1100-6433133/

I wonder who's funding the studio. Obviously they'll get some money from Sony for timed exclusivity but who's funding the rest?

CGI-Quality said:
Chazore said:
Luke888 said:

There's no confirmation of exclusivity with anyone, though. :P

Yeah after refreshing and seeing this info now =P.

NobleTeam360 said:
Chazore said:

Yeah I managed to refrash and catch this which is good because it means I and others have a chance at playing whatever he's going to make which is nice.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

I wouldn't expect a new Kojima game before 2019, theres a lot that needs to be done before starting to develop a new game, and even so developing a new game might take more time than anyone expects.

I'm now filled with determination.

Exclusive to PS4 or not. I will love to see his take on open world games.

Something like Fallout but darker and greedier. And with an actual good story...

The_BlackHeart__ said:
Exclusive to PS4 or not. I will love to see his take on open world games.

Something like Fallout but darker and greedier. And with an actual good story...

I'm guessing you aren't a fan of the Fallout story/lore but are for Kojima =P.

I find both to be good tbh, especially Fallout's open world style.