By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Nikkei: Kojima done with Konami. Expected to form new studio and in talks with SCE

HollyGamer said:

well  i love to see him made to PC, , but most of his fans (dedicated fans) are SONY Fans, so exclusive if it's trully exclusive, will make the game optimize better, well this is just my opinion though and i am happy for what ever the outcome is, but most who care for him are Sony fans.

I've been a fan of his work since the PS1 days and played most of his titles, the difference is now is that I'm not that much into consoles this gen, at least in terms of Xbox/PS and over the years a lot of franchises and devs have opened up to spreading their old and new works to different platforms (which is mostly where gaming is heading anyway) which in turn has benefitted them and allowed new and old fans to enjoy said works across multiple systems, take for example Fallout which was PC exclusive and spread to consoles, you can say the fans are mostly on PC but there are also fans on consoles as well. THere are definitely MGS fans on PC as well as some on Xbox and probably a smidge on Nintendo, to say they don't matter over those who buy a system a game is on is a bit of a cop out, I mean we could use this for games on PC and we know disagreement would be met instantly which is why I don't really see a use in using such a reason.

The thing to remember is no matter on what system a game is exclusive on, it;s not always guranteed to be absolutely 100% perfect and stellar, every gen has shown as much, even years later and if we want to stick with that excuse then it would be better if no games left platform X for Y, which of course would kill a lot of franchises and drive fans from other systems in the process (seriously if Fallout went back to being PC only it's highly unlikely all console folk will magically build or buy a PC and vice versa).

I definitely do care for Kojima though, I'm happy he's left Konami but I do hope in the future that his works touch other platforms, I don't want him being shackled and confined to another company like the last one.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
IamAwsome said:

This begs the question; who's publishing Kojima's new game?? Sony definitely isn't if it's just a timed exclusive, and what western publisher would pick up his bloated game budgets? Capcom probably can't handle his budgets, and Sega hasn't done much either, so Square Enix?

Also if it's the type of game that will sell in the west then it's definitely coming to XB1/NX.

It's either a console exclusive or just a regular exclusive.

I don't know how to post tweets on here to where they actually show up. So here's a link https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO to a respectable source.

PS5 exclusive launch title confirmed. Barring any delays xD xD xD

Chazore said:
HollyGamer said:

well  i love to see him made to PC, , but most of his fans (dedicated fans) are SONY Fans, so exclusive if it's trully exclusive, will make the game optimize better, well this is just my opinion though and i am happy for what ever the outcome is, but most who care for him are Sony fans.

I've been a fan of his work since the PS1 days and played most of his titles, the difference is now is that I'm not that much into consoles this gen, at least in terms of Xbox/PS and over the years a lot of franchises and devs have opened up to spreading their old and new works to different platforms (which is mostly where gaming is heading anyway) which in turn has benefitted them and allowed new and old fans to enjoy said works across multiple systems, take for example Fallout which was PC exclusive and spread to consoles, you can say the fans are mostly on PC but there are also fans on consoles as well. THere are definitely MGS fans on PC as well as some on Xbox and probably a smidge on Nintendo, to say they don't matter over those who buy a system a game is on is a bit of a cop out, I mean we could use this for games on PC and we know disagreement would be met instantly which is why I don't really see a use in using such a reason.

The thing to remember is no matter on what system a game is exclusive on, it;s not always guranteed to be absolutely 100% perfect and stellar, every gen has shown as much, even years later and if we want to stick with that excuse then it would be better if no games left platform X for Y, which of course would kill a lot of franchises and drive fans from other systems in the process (seriously if Fallout went back to being PC only it's highly unlikely all console folk will magically build or buy a PC and vice versa).

I definitely do care for Kojima though, I'm happy he's left Konami but I do hope in the future that his works touch other platforms, I don't want him being shackled and confined to another company like the last one.

Agree everything except with optimization, there is no perfect game even for exclusive but optimization can only work if game developer focusing on one platform, and that based on multiple quote of every developer i read so far, well is not just gaming, everything in life. Well i just hope for the best.

What's all this business talk? I want to know how his holiday was. He was on holiday, right?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’