By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Nikkei: Kojima done with Konami. Expected to form new studio and in talks with SCE

LudicrousSpeed said:

A new IP is exciting because obviously Kojima is extremely talented. MGS and Bioshock are pretty much interchangeable as my two favorite games of all time but I fell off the MGS wagon years ago. Wonder what Konami does with MGS now lol.

I'm sure kojima has previously said he wanted to explore new IPs too but was kinda chained to MGS.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

Curious to see what the game will be. I wouldn't expect it before 2019 though.

If the rumors are indeed true and Sony is in negotiations for the game to make its debut on PlayStation then there's no way Sony is funding the entire project, the studio would be Sony owned if that was the case. And if Sony would be funding the entire game it would be PS4/PS5 exclusive, not timed. So who will be funding the rest?

You know Konami is messed up when they say he's on Vacation and this happens. Rest in pieces Konami. Kojima is gonna make something great, and I'll be right there to play it once it comes out.

It will be multi, but i think for PS4 and NX.

Around the Network

Hope it's going to be a great ps5 game and whatever platform it's going to be released.

I wonder how Kojima is able to work with a real world limited budget after all those Konami years. Treatment he got in the past is in the past now, no way Kojima can go overboard with budgets like he is used to.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

i'm very much excited to see a new IP out of kojima. i felt like it was too late to get into the metal gear series but still thought his worked looked good.

Sony will probably fund start up costs. However, it can debut on the PS4, and then come to PC, it may not necessarily come to Xbox, not that it would matter much as long as people get to play it.

Wonder if he will make a new ZOE style game, MGS or SH style game.