By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Nikkei: Kojima done with Konami. Expected to form new studio and in talks with SCE

Kojima would be a great fit for Sony exclusively. Both parties have a huge commitment to cinematic friendly games.

P.S.

Now I can boycott Konami in peace.

Around the Network

Damn I really hope it's true! Now make Silent Hills a reality! (withs some other name).

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

So it finally happened? Wonder if his new studio would be acquired by Sony or something

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Imho Kojima should stay third party some way, the more of the gaming industry is capable of playing his games on their devices, the best it is for everyone, but that's only a Nintendo fan opinion :p

That was what we all expected for quite some time.
Hope the partnership end up well.
Maybe even Silent Hill could come from an agreement with Konami.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Luke888 said:
Imho Kojima should stay third party some way, the more of the gaming industry is capable of playing his games on their devices, the best it is for everyone, but that's only a Nintendo fan opinion :p

Opinion or wish?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Maybe even Silent Hill could come from an agreement with Konami.

there's something wrong here but I can't help to tell what it is...

DonFerrari said:
Luke888 said:

Opinion or wish?

opinion. As a fan of a company that didn't recive a Kojima game in like 10 years I can still admit that the guy is talented and I'd love to be able to play his next games on my devices, as well as probably most of Xbox/PC gamers...

Hey... a 2+2 relationship actually came true

This is what Konami rightfully deserves. I do not want to sound harsh, but Konami brought it upon themselves. From snubbing him at the Video Game Awards, to not having his credits in Phantom Pain, I could not blame Kojima-Sensai. As such, I wish all the best to him and his future projects and hope Konami can learn from this.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Sprash said:
ReimTime said:
Can someone who knows Japanese translate this please?

"I'm really happy and excited to form my own studio in collaboration with SCE and to release a new franchise exclusive for ps4..."

That's all I got.

That's very different from the OP. Looks like he's already talked to SCE and worked out something.