By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Nikkei: Kojima done with Konami. Expected to form new studio and in talks with SCE

I would love it if he tried again with a horror game. I know he cannot do SIlent Hills, but I'd like something in that vein. I liked a lot the PT and concept videos of Silent Hills

Around the Network

Sony Deal + Kojima = Money printer.

Sony want to make money by selling art, Nintendo want to make money by selling fun, Microsoft want to make money.

Sony + Kojima = best combination

He loves Sony and Sony loves him. it makes perfect sense for him and them. I just wonder if he'll retain ownership of the company or will Sony and will he develop a new IP or take on an old ps1 IP.

Great news for both Kojima and Sony. As well as the fans =)

Around the Network

Kojima and Del Toro restarting the Silent Hills project but for PlayStation V.R

Now you've got yourself a fucking game!

Sony want to make money by selling art, Nintendo want to make money by selling fun, Microsoft want to make money.

This begs the question; who's publishing Kojima's new game?? Sony definitely isn't if it's just a timed exclusive, and what western publisher would pick up his bloated game budgets? Capcom probably can't handle his budgets, and Sega hasn't done much either, so Square Enix?

Also if it's the type of game that will sell in the west then it's definitely coming to XB1/NX.

Im excited to see a new IP by Kojima, i hope its something akin to ZOE.

IamAwsome said:

This begs the question; who's publishing Kojima's new game?? Sony definitely isn't if it's just a timed exclusive, and what western publisher would pick up his bloated game budgets? Capcom probably can't handle his budgets, and Sega hasn't done much either, so Square Enix?

Also if it's the type of game that will sell in the west then it's definitely coming to XB1/NX.

lol i see lots of this about all kinds of games, and i wonder what makes all of you so hopefull.  The massive quality 3rd party supportt on the wii s massive user base.  Or the super awesome suppor the wiiU got.

On topic he will be PS only soon enough, Kojima always like working on one console avoiding the fuss and issues of multi platness.  And what Japan publisher can honestly cover his game dev costs other then Scej.

Tagging.