By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Horizon Zero Dawn > Zelda BoTW

BOTW >>>>>>>>>>>>> Witcher 3 >>>>> Horizon >> Fallout 4

User was moderated for this post

-Super_Boom

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
bananaking21 said:

its 2,6 million sold through. not shipped. 

In truth, it's a mix of all 3.  Sony's sell-through numbers come from their Point of Sale Electronic Data Interchange partners but not all retailers are partners.  Those that are not cannot provide POS sell-through data like the others and so Sony must use the traditional data of units shipped.

This goes for all major manufacturers today.  It's all a mix though a good majority of major retailers (at least in the US) are partnererd.

I used shipped here because in 2 weeks it's a near certainty that all units were sold through to consumers regardless of reporting channel.

Don't they just extrapolate for retailers that are not partnered?

4/1                       Weekly       Total

BOTW(NS)          203,803 : 2,065,744

BOTW(WiiU)      59,432 :  854,671

Horizon              81,959 : 2,548,544

BOTW        2,920,415

Horizon     2,548,544

Did sony ever announce salea for the game yet? You think after the 2.6mil sold thru first 2 weeks they wpuld of posted 4.5mil-5.5mil shipped+digital by end of march.

They seem different to me. I finished horizon , bought a wii u and been playing zelda for the last 1.5 weeks. Amazing game, game of the year for sure , nothing will trump zelda this year or in a long time. But not once did i feel i was playing a similar game to horizon.

Around the Network
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

BOTW        2,920,415

Horizon     2,548,544

Also worth noting is that BotW Switch has increased sales over the past 3 weeks (186K -> 201K -> 203K) and HZD sales have dropped almost 50% over the same period (158K -> 110K -> 81K). HZD is quickly running out of steam while BotW seems to mainly be constrained by the number of available Switchs. As more and more Switchs are sold the difference between these two games will only become more stark. 

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

BOTW        2,920,415

Horizon     2,548,544

We already know from the April report that BOTW has shipped 3.8m in March.

You can't say something is the best game ever and there's no doubt about it. Ps1 had plenty of games you could argue were the best ever. It's the best ever in your opinion. I thought Ocarina was a great game but not even the best game of its generation.

There goes that guy's prediction.

Zelda completely outclasses Horizon both critically and commercially.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
There goes that guy's prediction.

Zelda completely outclasses Horizon both critically and commercially.

Really was insanely awful prediction to begin with in the critical department. It was bold, but it was bold like saying England will win the World Cup.