By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Horizon Zero Dawn > Zelda BoTW

Ask the Nintendo.:) After the first week outselling, the Nintendo delivered a higher amount, and now you can buy the Switch anywhere. All over the world the stocks are full. But not sold.

Around the Network
Maddadam said:

Ask the Nintendo.:) After the first week outselling, the Nintendo delivered a higher amount, and now you can buy the Switch anywhere. All over the world the stocks are full. But not sold.

you forgot the /s lol, there was no switches after it's first week, you're being delusional.

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata

My 13 month young son is for Zelda
https://youtu.be/SVncGdmS7NY

How many Switch can you buy if there is no stock?:) I help you. Zero. It's their problem to underestimate the demand, but the delivered amount is not the sold in retail. Yeah, it's a B2B sales, not the B2C, so it's not the real number of Switch owners. It matters how you communicate something. And it's just pure marketing communication to shout the bigger number. Every company knows this from Sony to MS. Let's see Blizzard, where you never know the sales numbers of Overwatch, just the number of the registered accounts, and yes, these contains the free weekend regs too.:)

Maddadam said:

How many Switch can you buy if there is no stock?:) I help you. Zero. It's their problem to underestimate the demand, but the delivered amount is not the sold in retail. Yeah, it's a B2B sales, not the B2C, so it's not the real number of Switch owners. It matters how you communicate something. And it's just pure marketing communication to shout the bigger number. Every company knows this from Sony to MS. Let's see Blizzard, where you never know the sales numbers of Overwatch, just the number of the registered accounts, and yes, these contains the free weekend regs too.:)

What are you trying to get at? Why would Nintendo lie or misconstrue about systems sold? It's there in the financial report. 2.76 million copies of the Switch version of BoTW were SOLD, 2.74 million Switches were SOLD. If sold means something else besides its basic meaning to you..then I don't know what to tell you. Would you say the same thing about Horizon's sales? Or Persona 5's sales?

Around the Network

So, first month sales for Zelda were 2.74 NS + 1.08 for Wii U.

How much were for Horizon?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

This thread and Zelda are immortal !

SpokenTruth said:
Pavolink said:
So, first month sales for Zelda were 2.74 NS + 1.08 for Wii U.

How much were for Horizon?

2.47 physical sales noted here on VGC.

Didn't Sony announce numbers?

SpokenTruth said:
Pavolink said:

Didn't Sony announce numbers?

2.6 million shipped + digital in the first 2 weeks.  

Oh. I was expecting them to announce days ago alongside their results.

"Again, whose alt account are you?"

What do you want to ask exactly?

"1. Sales figures provided in reports filed with the SEC must state direct sales.  This means they must report what retailers, whoelsalers and distributors purchase.  They can include consumers sales if they want as supplemental information but the official data must be the first point of sale to the company...and that's usually other companies. "

Thank you, that's the precise explanation. But do you really think everybody is aware of this information? I don't think so.

"2. If 2.74 million were shipped and all of them sell out, guess how many are sold to consumers?  We'll wait while you do the math."

You misunderstand something. There isn't any sell-out. It was on the first week, and in a lower sales-level. Then N shipped more copies to the stores, so you can buy the game anywhere. (It's always funny to see when somebody use the term "we" like you as a subconscious self-empowerment.)