By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Horizon Zero Dawn > Zelda BoTW

Goodnightmoon said:
daredevil.shark said:

3. With the sales number for horizon and Zelda; horizon is ahead of Zelda. And will comfortably win sales race. Good effort by Zelda but install base matters.

This starts to look funny

Yes, he knows better. This is complete biased on his part

Around the Network

The reported Zelda numbers are _shipment_ numbers. Not the same as the ales figures!

In April the HZD sales are higher again, than Zelda's according to the fresh weekly charts.

So what we have is that Zelda won comfortably the Meta dispute, while HZD beat it easily for the visuals (that was far from a "bold" prediction due to hardware power differences).

But the sales dispute is actually quite good. HZD has amazing numbers for a new IP and is the real first big hit from Guerrilla. BotW counters this by delivering the best Zelda opening ever. Best selling Zelda game ever? It has a good chance of doing it. Could it be enough to top Horizon? Well, both are looking like 10M sellers to me.

HZD is a great game. Now that I'm near the end I must say that its history is absolutelly fantastic. Hunting the machines is also a hell lot of fun. I'll probably play Zelda down the road as soon as Switch gets a redesign. Anyway, I don't think both are that similar. Far Cry Primal is probably way more similar to HZD than Zelda is.

psychicscubadiver said:
Wyrdness said:

The March numbers are now out for Zelda it sold 3.84m so it seems even in this case BOTW may have still outsold HZD.

Hot damn. No need to leg it out, Zelda decisively took sales. And it's attachrate remains >100% to Switch sales.

That's sales and Metacritic in the bag. HZD, though selling very well for a new IP, only takes home graphics, which isn't a surprise to anyone. Tho, honestly I'm not a fan of that 'photo-realism' character design, so I prefer Zelda's visuals anyway.

Horizon also has a better story, better combat, framerate and more interesting enemy design.

Zelda has better exploration, platforming and puzzles. In terms of world both are incredible. Zelda feels very natural in its world design and Horizon has breathtaking world design with rich life and lots of variety. Both are incredible games.

RolStoppable said:
Pavolink said:

Objective how? An opinion is always going to be subjective.

It's possible to be objective. I'll give a lesson and you only have to repeat my words.

Objectively speaking, Breath of the Wild is a better game than Horizon Zero Dawn, because BotW is greater at what it does while at the same time it has fewer negative things that speak against it.

BotW is the best game since OoT.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Oh look, I was right!

Zelda > Horizon in terms of sales and meta

Horizon > Zelda in terms of graphics

Wasn't that hard to predict if you looked at the e3 lines for zelda really

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Pavolink said:
RolStoppable said:

It's possible to be objective. I'll give a lesson and you only have to repeat my words.

Objectively speaking, Breath of the Wild is a better game than Horizon Zero Dawn, because BotW is greater at what it does while at the same time it has fewer negative things that speak against it.

Agree, IMO BotW is second best Zelda after OoT.

Miyamotoo said:
Pavolink said:

It's better than OOT by miles.

Pavolink said:
RolStoppable said:

Miyamotoo said:
Pavolink said:

Wyrdness said:
Miyamotoo said:

It's better than OOT by miles.

That is WONDERFUL to hear because to me OoT is not the best Zelda at all by far. IMO OoT is easily the most overrated game of all time....I just can't see what is so special about it...never have.

But I literally CAN NOT wait to jump into BoTW when I finally get me a Switch!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

tbone51 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

This starts to look funny

Yes, he knows better. This is complete biased on his part

Although in his defense. He was insulted and people acted like douche on this thread. 

We still don't know what the LTD sales will be but the sales was very close and who would have thought it will be this close.