By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Horizon Zero Dawn > Zelda BoTW

Wyrdness said:
Miyamotoo said:

Agree, IMO BotW is second best Zelda after OoT.

It's better than OOT by miles.

TheBlackNaruto said:
Pavolink said:

BotW is the best game since OoT.

Miyamotoo said:

Wyrdness said:

That is WONDERFUL to hear because to me OoT is not the best Zelda at all by far. IMO OoT is easily the most overrated game of all time....I just can't see what is so special about it...never have.

But I literally CAN NOT wait to jump into BoTW when I finally get me a Switch!

Disagree, OoT was groundbreaking game when was released on 98" and set some standards for whole industry, game was totally different than compared to all other games back than. Zelda BotW is definatly one of best games ever, but definitely doesn't have same effect on me like OoT had 98/99.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:

Disagree, OoT was groundbreaking game when was released on 98" and set some standards for whole industry, game was totally different than compared to all other games back than. Zelda BotW is definatly one of best games ever, but definitely doesn't have same effect on me like OoT had 98/99.

BOTW is leagues above OOT I've followed the series since LOZ in the 80s, in the era of games like the Witcher 3 and HZD BOTW changes up how open world games are approached casuing an evolution which is just as impactful as a revolution. OOT has the advantage of being the first 3D Zelda and its era while BOTW has stunned people in a far harder era and with more critics around as well.

I never even saw OOT as the best Zelda game as it was essentially ALTTP reimagined in 3D, I had the same feeling as anyone else who enjoyed the game but it never made the game unmovable for me.

Wyrdness said:
Miyamotoo said:

BOTW is leagues above OOT I've followed the series since LOZ in the 80s, in the era of games like the Witcher 3 and HZD BOTW changes up how open world games are approached casuing an evolution which is just as impactful as a revolution. OOT has the advantage of being the first 3D Zelda and its era while BOTW has stunned people in a far harder era and with more critics around as well.

I never even saw OOT as the best Zelda game as it was essentially ALTTP reimagined in 3D, I had the same feeling as anyone else who enjoyed the game but it never made the game unmovable for me.

We already had arruging over this, I really don't want to arguing over this again with you, I completely disagree with you on this matter.

For me OoT is still best game ever, but Zelda BotW easily become for me second best Zelda game.

TheBlackNaruto said:
Pavolink said:

BotW is the best game since OoT.

Miyamotoo said:

Wyrdness said:

That is WONDERFUL to hear because to me OoT is not the best Zelda at all by far. IMO OoT is easily the most overrated game of all time....I just can't see what is so special about it...never have.

OoT is very outdated by today's standards but for its time, it was an amazing title and a graceful transition for a franchise from 2d to 3d similar to SM64.

As for me, I love the game to this day. I love running around in OoT's dungeons, gaining new tools, and clearing them 100%. It's very satisfying to me and at the end of them, an NPC expresses their gratitude and you gain a jewel or medallion.

Miyamotoo said:
Wyrdness said:

TheBlackNaruto said:

But I literally CAN NOT wait to jump into BoTW when I finally get me a Switch!

IMO the only thing OoT did was be a 3D Zelda....outside of that it was pretty bland to me. Other Zeldas like WW and MM were much better. I will just say we will have to agree to disagree on this one. Because I also do not want to start a random argument lol.

Wyrdness said:
Miyamotoo said:

This I can actually see and agree with.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network

OoT is amazing, great game, very few 3D games from its age are even close to be as playable, memorable and immersive as that one, the first time I saw it felt like gaming made a huge jump. However BoTW destroys it.

Shark was a dare devil with this thread's OP.

NoCtiS_NoX said:
tbone51 said:

Yes, he knows better. This is complete biased on his part

Although in his defense. He was insulted and people acted like douche on this thread. 

We still don't know what the LTD sales will be but the sales was very close and who would have thought it will be this close. 

I completely agreeb with your 2nd post. Its going to be close and both did amazng. Beating expectations.

That said he can call out those guys as they were wrong as the 2 games are putting on a show. But it doesnt excuse what he posted. He knows a bout sales, giving his post history its to be expected. He is a smart guy, but obviously with that remark it shows his character more.

Maddadam said:

The reported Zelda numbers are _shipment_ numbers. Not the same as the ales figures!

In April the HZD sales are higher again, than Zelda's according to the fresh weekly charts.

Nope Nintendo again and again said sold sold sold. For switch they specifically said shipped which was sold out let's be honest and for Zelda it said sold you can check it out now if you want so there you go

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

GOWTLOZ said:
psychicscubadiver said:

Hot damn. No need to leg it out, Zelda decisively took sales. And it's attachrate remains >100% to Switch sales.

That's sales and Metacritic in the bag. HZD, though selling very well for a new IP, only takes home graphics, which isn't a surprise to anyone. Tho, honestly I'm not a fan of that 'photo-realism' character design, so I prefer Zelda's visuals anyway.

Horizon also has a better story, better combat, framerate and more interesting enemy design.

Zelda has better exploration, platforming and puzzles. In terms of world both are incredible. Zelda feels very natural in its world design and Horizon has breathtaking world design with rich life and lots of variety. Both are incredible games.

Okay? I didn't say HZD isn't an incredible game. I just don't like that style of character design. Too 'uncanny valley' for me.