By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Dreams Galore [UPDATE: First Game Made With Dreams]

GDC: Confirms VR and shows off first game made with Dreams. MUST WATCH:

View on YouTube

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Mind blown. Make this the official thread mate.

what screwed LBP is that it did not have a robust single player campaign, and that it relied too much on user generated content. If this is the same case, it wont sell well.

Heavenly_King said:
what screwed LBP is that it did not have a robust single player campaign, and that it relied too much on user generated content. If this is the same case, it wont sell well.

Watch the latest video I posted.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

GDC: Confirms VR and shows off first game made with Dreams. MUST WATCH:

View on YouTube

Im totally mindblowned by thé différents arts of each world, especially thé two last ones, with thé lightning and thé character, this game could be perfect to make thé best Conker, this game fits perfectly to create such worlds 

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

A level they made:

View on YouTube

The PS5 Exists. 

That game is short, because they only had 52 hours to make it on a train. But it reminds me of Pikmin. It's also interesting to see some music and logic put to use in Dreams.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

So is that Project Spark on PlayStation?

Intrinsic said:
Mind blowing..... and this is exactly why every gen since the PS1 I have always stuck with Sony.

I have watched every dreams footage out there. I still have no idea what or why I'm supposed to be doing. But its got me all kinds of intrigued. And I can't say that about 70% of every game out there.

Sony definitely do allow their developers more free control compared to Nintendo and Microsoft. A game like The Last Guardian would have been pulled 5 years ago under Microsoft or Nintendo. They also don't seem to force the studio's to stick with established IP(some exceptions like Gran Turismo and God of War) with Naughty Dog putting out new IP every generation(except for Uncharted 4 this generation), Team ICO not doing sequels, Guerilla Games doing Horizon, Media Molecule here etc.

walsufnir said:
So is that Project Spark on PlayStation?

Woah, Woah, Woah! Dreams looks good, Project Spark is bad.

Edit: I actually feel like I should expand upon this. Project Spark is a mess to use, and was failed spectacularly at drawing in the kind of person who keeps games like this alive. Hence why they bailed on it last year.

Dreams should have no trouble attracting the people who continue to support LBP. Which are the people that really make these games worth owning.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.