By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Dreams Galore [UPDATE: First Game Made With Dreams]

I just wanted to share that in the most recent stream, they said that in its current build, dreams is...get this...120mb. That's insane.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

View on YouTube

View on YouTube

The PS5 Exists. 

Hmm, actually looks pretty interesting.

Normchacho said:
I just wanted to share that in the most recent stream, they said that in its current build, dreams is...get this...120mb. That's insane.

How is that even possible... 

ironmanDX said:
Normchacho said:

How is that even possible... 

All assets are stored in the Cloud. Whatever you're creating is done 'live' on the Cloud which is why people will be able to spectate or join in (if you allow them to).

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

All assets are stored in the Cloud. Whatever you're creating is done 'live' on the Cloud which is why people will be able to spectate or join in (if you allow them to).

Important to note that not ALL assets are stored in the cloud. When the game launches you will be able to play it offline aswell. The thing is just that... all those ultra high detailed sculpts and models are all compressed because they only need to save how the model was made (what commands were performed etc.) and not how it looks like in the end. So you just get a ton of commands that each can get saved with very few bytes.

bleeeh looks boring

Baddman said:
bleeeh looks boring

What exactly looks boring? I haven't seen anything tangible that they've made with this yet so I'm not sure what you're judging it on. Unless you think all it is is what you're seeing here?

The PS5 Exists. 

View on YouTube

The PS5 Exists. 

Dreams is going to be livestreamed from GDC so I'll be butting up Youtube vids as soon as they're made available:

http://www.playstation4dreams.com/2016/03/dreams-ps4-gdc-2016-livestreams-3d-prints/

I've also found a good Dreams site:

http://www.playstation4dreams.com/

The PS5 Exists.