By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shu Yoshida: "Console Debut" means it may come to other consoles in the future after PS4

BasilZero said:
Dat response though - why no one talk about that XD?

"I'm gonna smash my PS4" - dat damn dedication

i bet Shu is secretly hoping he will smash it, because he knows it's gonna end up with him regretting and buying another one

Around the Network

So...I feel like people didn't read this correctly. Shu specifically said he was just talking about the general term "Console Debut". That means that what he said has no bearing on Ni No Kuni 2. Which, as they've said several times, is a Playstation exclusive.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Pen FTW.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I don't get the confusion.

Console debut=Timed exclusive. Will come to other consoles in the future, e.g. Final Fantasy 7 Remake.

Console exclusive=Won't come out on other consoles but will be out on PC, e.g. Street Fighter V.

Exclusive=Will only come to the console that it's exclusive to, e.g. Uncharted 4.

JRPGfan said:
Legacy said:

Ni No Kuni 2.

That has to mean the NX right?

Yup. I don't see Ni No Kuni 2 coming out on the XB1.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Generally when devs say a game is exclusive (without saying what type), it's either a console exclusive or full exclusive by default. If it's timed, they'll say it's a timed exclusive. Regardless, none of it is worth getting upset over.

Console debut on PS4 = First on PS4

It's just that neither of them sound right in terms of marketing for Sony. Apparently they can't find a simple marketing formula to say "it's developed for PS4 and it may or may not see the light in other systems".

MS faced a very similar wording problem with Tomb Raider. And we all know how it ended.

sad that he had to explain it, its self explanatory lol

FF7 Remake had ''console debut'' on it

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Normchacho said:
So...I feel like people didn't read this correctly. Shu specifically said he was just talking about the general term "Console Debut". That means that what he said has no bearing on Ni No Kuni 2. Which, as they've said several times, is a Playstation exclusive.

So I wasn't the only one who read it as such. Shu is in charge of Worldwide Studios. He doesn't know what goes on with 3rd party, which is why people need to ask Adam Boyes(the right person who said Ni No Kuni 2 was a PS4 exclusive on stage) and not Shu.

I will be upset if Ni no Kuni 2 ends up on NX. It's like countless monster hunter games never made it to ps consoles, or how they committed the stupidity of making mirror of fate on the 3ds. If anything it should have been on vita (Ninty isn't getting a Lords of Shadow game). Ni no Kuni belongs on playstation like xenoblade belongs on Nintendo that simple.

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.