By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shu Yoshida: "Console Debut" means it may come to other consoles in the future after PS4

What the hell is the big deal if as game comes out on another platform? Are gamers babies? Honestly exclusive doesn't make a game any better. Iv been gaming on PC since they were fairly new machines, I play a lot of 3rd party games that become multiplats. If it helps the devs survive then I am all for it. I have seen some of my favourite companies fall over time. I would hate for any more great studios fall because of a stupid whinging fanbase who cry exclusives or no buy.

I am not referring to one fanbase, I am referring to those who live by gaming based of nothing more then exclusive logic.

Around the Network

Adding to what I already said earlier..
It is also up to the publishers to clarify things, specially when Sony aren't involved (which is most cases, exception bring SF5 and one or two others), because, for example, it is speculated that Nioh will be PS4+PC, yet Koei Tecmo's official PR says this:
"Nioh, a dark, samurai-centric action RPG, will be coming to the west exclusively for the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system. Nioh has been in development under the direction of Kou Shibusawa, Hisashi Koinuma, and Team Ninja."
It is KT's job to clarify. What does coming to the west exclusively for PS4 mean? Ps3+ps4 in japan? Ps4+NX in japan? Debuting in the west on PS4 and later on other platforms? All Sony can say is that it's coming to PS4 first, because they don't have a contract and can't hold the release hostage. More than that, is up to KT themselves.
And that is true for NNK2 as well. Bamco calls the shots, not Sony. All Sony can tell you is that it's coming to PS4. It is up to Bamco to say if it's going to PC/NX at some point or not.

Sony usually chooses the wording of first to PlayStation. Do they or the developer know if they are bringing it to other consoles/PC? Strange time to change their wording when its been working fine for so long.

Seems like covering your bases as "exclusive" is a nebulous term especially in recent years as PC has become viable for titles never use to see on that platform.

Now I really want Ni Ni Kuni 2 to come to other consoles, so that guy will bust his system. You imagine playing with that guy online? Need less of these people in the gaming community.

Around the Network

Sony betrayed us, so I have no reason to buy a ps4 :/

Edwardooo said:
And I was told on my other thread that "console debut" means absolutely not the same as "First on PS4"... :P

But it isn't. Console debut could be used for a PS4+PC simultaneous launch, then an eventual possible port to XBO. First on PS4 would mean that it only launches on PS4, then might later come to XBO and PC. So they aren't the same.  

"May" is a pretty big, important word. Just because it was used does not necessarily mean everything you wanted to be true will come true.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Of course Console Debut does not equal exclusive lololol pretty simple terminology.
And LOL at that Penn dude saying he will smash his PS4 if a game goes to another console. #Betrayed #SadViolin #YUDoDisShu #ShuPls

>Penn in another life:

"I BURNT MY HOUSE DOWN BECAUSE I FOUND OUT ALL HOUSES HAVE RECTANGULAR DOORS"

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Darwinianevolution said:

Why are people angry that one game COUD come to other systems? Doesn't the PS4 have enough exclusives already?

I don't get this mentality either, I mean with PC gamers we don't care as long as the game ins't compromised by fixed hardware, apart from that I don't care if the game goes elswhere, i just want the game to work on my rig and they get my money at the end of the day. It's very childish of people to threaten smashing their consoles when one 3rd party studio/publisher has plans to delievr their goods to other systems.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"