By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shu Yoshida: "Console Debut" means it may come to other consoles in the future after PS4

PwerlvlAmy said:
sad that he had to explain it, its self explanatory lol

FF7 Remake had ''console debut'' on it

Welp, that should put the "FFVII is never coming to XB1 because Japan" arguements to rest. 

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:
English, how does it work?

Some games are being developed for the PS4. But there's no deal ("moneyhat") with Sony, so these publishers can do late ports if they so desire, nothing stopping them. Good guy Sony making sure other people occasionally have something to play.

My goodness.... good guy sony. Just stop.

Chill pen! Chill!! xD

The dumb ass that was telling shu if it comes to other consoles he will smash his ps4. How stupid are people? That's the dumbest, most immature thing. What is this guy? 12?

demonfox13 said:
I will be upset if Ni no Kuni 2 ends up on NX. It's like countless monster hunter games never made it to ps consoles, or how they committed the stupidity of making mirror of fate on the 3ds. If anything it should have been on vita (Ninty isn't getting a Lords of Shadow game). Ni no Kuni belongs on playstation like xenoblade belongs on Nintendo that simple.

How would it being on nx affect your enjoyment of the game? And no, it's not the same as xenoblade being on PlayStation, nintendo owns the developer, Sony doesn't own the developer of ni no. I've never played a game and thought, wow, this would be so much better if it was exclusive. It just makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Around the Network
Rob5VGC said:
Normchacho said:
So...I feel like people didn't read this correctly. Shu specifically said he was just talking about the general term "Console Debut". That means that what he said has no bearing on Ni No Kuni 2. Which, as they've said several times, is a Playstation exclusive.

So I wasn't the only one who read it as such. Shu is in charge of Worldwide Studios. He doesn't know what goes on with 3rd party, which is why people need to ask Adam Boyes(the right person who said Ni No Kuni 2 was a PS4 exclusive on stage) and not Shu.

Yeah, why have we all of a sudden just forgotten that? Shu even says that he wasn't talking about Ni No Kuni 2...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

People are dumb. That doesn't need explaining.

It really only means Sony didn't buy exclusive rights. That's as far as Sony is concerned.

Justagamer said:
The dumb ass that was telling shu if it comes to other consoles he will smash his ps4. How stupid are people? That's the dumbest, most immature thing. What is this guy? 12?

Meet the up and coming generation of gamers...

People are weird, nothing about the phrase 'Console Debut' screams exclusive to me. Though, to be fair, I'm pretty well-trained at this point to see through PR Speak. It's almost as much about what wasn't said, as what was. At this point, everyone should be firmly aware that if it's an exclusive 3rd party title, they'll very clearly state that.