By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 Remake issue, buy the pieces or wait for the full game?

Tagged games:

What would you do?

Buy each piece at launch/close to it 48 24.24%

Buy it whole, waiting for years 111 56.06%

Buy nothing 39 19.70%

Total:198

It depends, if by episode they mean each episode is a full game of previous final fantasy entry example.
1 episode for FF VII
2n episode Dirge of Cerberus
3rd Episode Advant Children
4th episode Crisis Core
5th Episode what happened with the guy from Crisis Core.
If like that, then yeah I will support buying only 2 episoses FF VII and Advant Childreen.
But if it take 2 episodes to play the full FF VII advanture then I will be done with FF

Around the Network

I will wait until it is complete.

But there are good chances that part 1 will be available as PS+ title long before that (probably around the release of part 2).... similar to King's Quest Episode 1 this month.

This way Sony only has to pay the first episode instead of the whole game, Square Enix reaches millions of potential customers for part 2 + 3 and the chances get higher that people buy part 2 + 3 digitally instead of retail (more profits for Sony + Square Enix and account binding).

I'd much rather have a full game but i'd be lying if i said I can wait until they release the whole thing. Knowing my love for FF7. i'd get the pieces. Damn you, Square Enix.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

twintail said:
I need.more info before I decide anything.

Same here.  So much is unknown hard to make a decision, especially given likely won't have firm details for another year.

Usually, buying the whole collection would be cheaper than buying it's individual parts, but we don't know exactly what they mean so it's probably better to wait and see

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Soonerman said:
I saw a great quote on IGN btw which brings me to the question, why are you fans still defending their decision to do this episodic/in parts because"they can't fit it in one disc.'?

"if Bethesda with much less money than Square can fit Elder Scrolls Skyrim with all its details and intricacies, FF7 can too. Square just likes money more than Bethesda."

Not  really comparable. Elderscrolls has lots  of spoken narrative and is huge but ultimately its a sandbox game. FInal Fantasy is visual, setpiece and character driven (think Uncharted) and thus producing content is far more time consuming. I'd presume the characters and animation in final Fantasy are at least half a dozen times more time consuming then what we've seen any previous elderscrolls. 

Versus

A better comparison would be the Mass Effect series which offers about 25hours of core campaign with each game spending about 2 years in development following the groundwork the first created. Beyond that I don't think anyone see's it as impossible for them to achieve it, simply it'd take a awefully long time. Each Elderscrolls game spends about 4-5 years in development, FInal Fantasy VII remade to modern standards  would take even longer then that so a 2020 release wouldn't be unreasonable to expect. 

This real question is would fans rather wait for then, or recieve the game in parts possibly starting fall 2017 or even maybe as early as late 2016. Theres lots of variables but this is essentially what it boils down to. 

I think this is gonna be like the 3 episodes of FFXIII, so basically you are gonna pay several times for the remake of one single game because it looks so pretty is too expensive to be profitable being just one game as it was 20 years ago.YaY.

Soonerman said:
I saw a great quote on IGN btw which brings me to the question, why are you fans still defending their decision to do this episodic/in parts because"they can't fit it in one disc.'?

"if Bethesda with much less money than Square can fit Elder Scrolls Skyrim with all its details and intricacies, FF7 can too. Square just likes money more than Bethesda."

I am not a fan of SE but that is not even remotely relevant. Skyrim fits because most of its textures are reused.....

Buy it whole digitally due to my like for digital gaming and the price point, I loathe episodic games so waiting for a full set is annoying all the more but it becomes complete after that. I;d rather they not make all their games this way though since not everyone likes the idea of episodic games, doesn't matter if you think they are objectively better, they aren't for everyone and this world isn't about marketing to one group who love the idea.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I'm waiting for the complete edition. I just hope to fucking god it gets a retail release.