By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 Remake issue, buy the pieces or wait for the full game?

Tagged games:

What would you do?

Buy each piece at launch/close to it 48 24.24%

Buy it whole, waiting for years 111 56.06%

Buy nothing 39 19.70%

Total:198
Pavolink said:
In case it is episodic? Can they do that with a game like this one and keep the entire world? I can see on more linear games to work, but not on this kind of RPGs.

They said

It means instead of concluding in one entry, multiple entries are being considered in development. Each entry will have its own unique story. As a gaming experience, each entry will have the volume of content equal to a full-sized game.

So it's likely more like a trilogy or something like that than what people are speculating about it(being episodic and all).

Around the Network

I'm waiting until it's all released.

TruckOSaurus said:
outlawauron said:

The difference between Bethesda and Square is that Square isn't ok with releasing a broken game. They want to have big, open world that actually polish and isn't full of countless bugs, crashes, and glitches.

Not to mention how the comparison just doesn't work as Final Fantasy has far more variety and enemies/items/bosses than Skyrim. There's far more work to be done to it.

With the exception of Final Fantasy XIV of course

Although, Square's reaction post-launch does prove your point that they aren't okay with having a broken game out.

FF14 1.0 had a ton of problems absolutely. Was broken in a lot of mechanical ways, but not quite in the same way as you'd think. From a technical perspective, it actually was better than 2.0 in some ways.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

You know each "episode" is going to be the size of full games and probably cost $60, right?

A complete version won't probably be out for years after.

Maybe one year after the last one as a next generation remaster, but that would be a best case.

It depends on the price. If the first episode is reasonably priced, I'll get it, probably satisfy my nostalgia itch with it and forget about the rest. If it's a full price game, I'll wait until the full series is available before deciding what it's worth.

Around the Network
tiffac said:
If its like a trilogy format. I will buy each game.

However, if it ends up in an episodic manner like Life is Strange then I'll wait for years for the bulk before buying.

Exactly my thoughts on it

Currently Playing: N/A

Anime and Studying is life RN

i do what everybody should do. wait and see. instead of making meaningless decisions.

Hunting Season is done...

Looks like ill be waiting for the full PC release now. Sorry cutting the game in prices is not my style. By the time the game is complete, it would be a multiplatform game.

teigaga said:
Soonerman said:
I saw a great quote on IGN btw which brings me to the question, why are you fans still defending their decision to do this episodic/in parts because"they can't fit it in one disc.'?

"if Bethesda with much less money than Square can fit Elder Scrolls Skyrim with all its details and intricacies, FF7 can too. Square just likes money more than Bethesda."

This real question is would fans rather wait for then, or recieve the game in parts possibly starting fall 2017 or even maybe as early as late 2016. Theres lots of variables but this is essentially what it boils down to. 

The problem with that, if long amount of time is needed. Why was it announced in the first place, now? You'd wait till you were nearly done. Also, the game should of been in delveopment when the first devkits of the PS4 were first released. Not two years in. This is not a new game. The idea doesn't have to pop in someones head. And then planned out over a few years. They intended to sell it in pieces, from the get go. They didn't just go: "Oh hey, this game is gonna take 5-6 years. Let's announce it now. Oh, wait we still have 4 years left to do. Let's break it up." That would be the stupidest director for a company ever. Things don't just happen at a company that's been making games for 20 years. They know the time needed for games to be completed. They built that experience up.