By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 Remake issue, buy the pieces or wait for the full game?

Tagged games:

What would you do?

Buy each piece at launch/close to it 48 24.24%

Buy it whole, waiting for years 111 56.06%

Buy nothing 39 19.70%

Total:198

The more I think of the idea of this multi release the more I'm warning to the idea, the game is clearly going to be massive, a lot bigger than the original, SE have obviously got big ideas for this and to have one big game not only will it not fit on a single disc (not much of a problem) but it might start to become exhausted while you play it. You might start to feel like you want to start playing another video game. So this multi release will help give you breaks and keep you interested. I can imagine it's going to leave you on cliffhangers (yes we've all already played it but they've said there going to add new things to the game.

I think the only problem of multi release is the time it takes for the next instalment to release, it can't be too long otherwise people might forget what's happened and so on.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network
LuckyTrouble said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Dude its not pieces like life is strange, they just named it episodic because its not sequels or spin offs, its just a name, they are making 3 full games, 3 different experiences.( i hope its not more than 3 ffs )

We probably will ahve to wait 2 or 3 years for each one ....
Imagine if ff10 and 10.2 was a full game on ps2, one story, and now they want to remake it and divide them in 2. on ps4.

That isn't at all what they said in the interview. They specifically said they wouldn't be able to fit the whole game into a single release because of the level by which they want to increase the quality of the content. They want to add vast amounts of detail that basically guarantees that development will be long, hellish, and will force the backlash on consumers, forcing them to deal with their game coming in pieces.

They have already essentially confirmed that you won't be able to go from the opening sequence to the final Sephiroth battle in the initial release. They have split a full game into episodes. It is episodic, much like Life is Strange, just with longer pieces.

Official statement:

It means instead of concluding in one entry, multiple entries are being considered in development. Each entry will have its own unique story. As a gaming experience, each entry will have the volume of content equal to a full-sized game.

Kowan said:
LuckyTrouble said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Dude its not pieces like life is strange, they just named it episodic because its not sequels or spin offs, its just a name, they are making 3 full games, 3 different experiences.( i hope its not more than 3 ffs )

Imagine if ff10 and 10.2 was a full game on ps2, one story, and now they want to remake it and divide them in 2. on ps4.

That isn't at all what they said in the interview. They specifically said they wouldn't be able to fit the whole game into a single release because of the level by which they want to increase the quality of the content. They want to add vast amounts of detail that basically guarantees that development will be long, hellish, and will force the backlash on consumers, forcing them to deal with their game coming in pieces.

They have already essentially confirmed that you won't be able to go from the opening sequence to the final Sephiroth battle in the initial release. They have split a full game into episodes. It is episodic, much like Life is Strange, just with longer pieces.

Official statement:

It means instead of concluding in one entry, multiple entries are being considered in development. Each entry will have its own unique story. As a gaming experience, each entry will have the volume of content equal to a full-sized game.

That does not mean each will be a 40 hour RPG. That just means the content will take up a full disc. That is literally all it is. Each entry could be 10 hours long, and they could consider that a "full sized game". Until they are far more specific, people should really keep expectations in check about how much content, especially when they stated in their initial interview that they wanted to make the game so detailed, the only path was splitting it into multiple pieces just like an episodic release.

That statement is SE damage control, purposefully vague, and lacking in any real commitment to content past "if we consider it a full game, we did good enough."

This is gonna happen: I'll buy the first part day one.. Play it, be slightly dissappointed with it.. Part 2 I'll wait a month or two so it drops in price cause the first part was good but not that great... I won't finish part 2.. And part three I'll buy when it's in the bargain bin for ten bucks.. That's when I say: "damn I still need to play part 2"

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

LuckyTrouble said:
Kowan said:
LuckyTrouble said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Official statement:

That does not mean each will be a 40 hour RPG. That just means the content will take up a full disc. That is literally all it is. Each entry could be 10 hours long, and they could consider that a "full sized game". Until they are far more specific, people should really keep expectations in check about how much content, especially when they stated in their initial interview that they wanted to make the game so detailed, the only path was splitting it into multiple pieces just like an episodic release.

That statement is SE damage control, purposefully vague, and lacking in any real commitment to content past "if we consider it a full game, we did good enough."

They didn't say each entry will take up a full disc (though, to take up a full blu-ray, a game would need a LOAD of content).

What they did say is that each experience will have its own unique story. Each game will provide a different perspective.

You know what this sounds like? A bunch of standalone games. Because episodic, by its very nature, tells a single story across multiple episodes. What they are essentially talking about here is a franchise of FF7 games.

I mean, this is supposed to be a REMAKE of FF7, right? Was that made up of a bunch of unique stories from different perspectives? I'm pretty sure it was just one, long tale told from the point of view of Cloud Strife. It looks like we'll just be getting sequels/spin-offs that tell the game's story from other perspectives, or tell completely different stories all together within the same world. There isn't much here that suggessts that it will be episodic, or lacking in content. The latter is certainly POSSIBLE, but in regards to the former, the Mass Effect trilogy is more episodic than anything Square has suggested for their FF7 games.

Has Square ever actually said the words "episodic" to describe their FF7 strategy?

Around the Network
LuckyTrouble said:
Kowan said:
LuckyTrouble said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Official statement:

Vague? "Volume of content equal to a full sized game" is vague? No. You're just not, for some reason, still not accepting that you might have been wrong with your speculations. They said it will be a full sized game, meaning ff7 will be divided in a bunch of games like mass effect or ff13 trilogy. Now as to what they're including in each part is the only question now. 

nuckles87 said:
LuckyTrouble said:
Kowan said:
LuckyTrouble said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Official statement:

They didn't say each entry will take up a full disc (though, to take up a full blu-ray, a game would need a LOAD of content).

What they did say is that each experience will have its own unique story. Each game will provide a different perspective.

You know what this sounds like? A bunch of standalone games. Because episodic, by its very nature, tells a single story across multiple episodes. What they are essentially talking about here is a franchise of FF7 games.

I mean, this is supposed to be a REMAKE of FF7, right? Was that made up of a bunch of unique stories from different perspectives? I'm pretty sure it was just one, long tale told from the point of view of Cloud Strife. It looks like we'll just be getting sequels/spin-offs that tell the game's story from other perspectives, or tell completely different stories all together within the same world. There isn't much here that suggessts that it will be episodic, or lacking in content. The latter is certainly POSSIBLE, but in regards to the former, the Mass Effect trilogy is more episodic than anything Square has suggested for their FF7 games.

Has Square ever actually said the words "episodic" to describe their FF7 strategy?

Square has never said anything about it being episodic. For some reason some people ust can't seem to accept the reality that Square will be releasing fullsized games for each part of this FF7 remake series. 

Soonerman said:
I saw a great quote on IGN btw which brings me to the question, why are you fans still defending their decision to do this episodic/in parts because"they can't fit it in one disc.'?

"if Bethesda with much less money than Square can fit Elder Scrolls Skyrim with all its details and intricacies, FF7 can too. Square just likes money more than Bethesda."

The difference between Bethesda and Square is that Square isn't ok with releasing a broken game. They want to have big, open world that actually polish and isn't full of countless bugs, crashes, and glitches.

Not to mention how the comparison just doesn't work as Final Fantasy has far more variety and enemies/items/bosses than Skyrim. There's far more work to be done to it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

In case it is episodic? Can they do that with a game like this one and keep the entire world? I can see on more linear games to work, but not on this kind of RPGs.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

outlawauron said:
Soonerman said:
I saw a great quote on IGN btw which brings me to the question, why are you fans still defending their decision to do this episodic/in parts because"they can't fit it in one disc.'?

"if Bethesda with much less money than Square can fit Elder Scrolls Skyrim with all its details and intricacies, FF7 can too. Square just likes money more than Bethesda."

The difference between Bethesda and Square is that Square isn't ok with releasing a broken game. They want to have big, open world that actually polish and isn't full of countless bugs, crashes, and glitches.

Not to mention how the comparison just doesn't work as Final Fantasy has far more variety and enemies/items/bosses than Skyrim. There's far more work to be done to it.

With the exception of Final Fantasy XIV of course

Although, Square's reaction post-launch does prove your point that they aren't okay with having a broken game out.

Signature goes here!