By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 Remake issue, buy the pieces or wait for the full game?

Tagged games:

What would you do?

Buy each piece at launch/close to it 48 24.24%

Buy it whole, waiting for years 111 56.06%

Buy nothing 39 19.70%

Total:198

Depends on how many pieces, I think a lot of people are imagining tons of small episodes, I'm just imagining 3 big ones. Full priced games or near enough.

The only reason I'd wait is if each part is too small for my investment.

Ultimately the devil is in the details and we simply do not have them. I'm imagining 20 hour comapaigns in each entry and double that in meaningful exploration and side quests.  A new entry every 12months would wrap it all up by 2019. SE will set the ground work with part 1, but part 2/3 will be developed simultanious will the assistence from other devs likeTri-Ace and Cyberconnect

Around the Network

I hope for the whole game all at once!

But if the content is good enough and the price is right, I can buy pieces at a time really.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

Depends how it's done for me. The original is an extremely large game so I can see why they might feel the need to break it into pieces to make a profit but that entirely depends on what exactly we would be getting in each piece.

If they are committed to making sure everything people loved in the original makes it in. wether each piece is 5 hours or 30 hours. A first time play through of the original game it was not uncommon that someone took 100+ hours. I imagine the modern updates will streamline slower elements and the time it takes to do things compared to the original.

Just allot of details that need to be known before jumping to conclusions that it will or wont be worth it.

I'm surprised by how willing people are to give up their cash way before they even announce price. Knowing how SE loves to milk franchises, I expect them to sell this "episodic" content at full retail price for each part. For example, I can see the Midgar part of the game selling for $59.99 (aka disc) and so on and I guarantee they will make at least 5 sections to fully get their investment worth. I will not buy (or switch to PS4) until they announce and it's a fair price for the full game (meaning, it shouldn't cost more than a regular game which as it is, is already a rip-off since the full game is available for cheap on PC/ebay).

It depends on what they are... but it does sound weird. Ideally i'd like to have the whole thing at once. How is it even going to transition between titles in terms of levels and magics/summons aquired? I dont know, but i'm definitly concerned.

Around the Network

It depends on how it's broken up and how it's priced. They're already said they want to do more with the world and make more of it explorable. That'll be a lot of new content and will definitely flesh it out.

If done properly and not full price, I can see myself getting it Day 1.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I saw a great quote on IGN btw which brings me to the question, why are you fans still defending their decision to do this episodic/in parts because"they can't fit it in one disc.'?

"if Bethesda with much less money than Square can fit Elder Scrolls Skyrim with all its details and intricacies, FF7 can too. Square just likes money more than Bethesda."

I have no intense want for the game. So I'll buy it when the whole game is complete.

Soonerman said:
I'm surprised by how willing people are to give up their cash way before they even announce price. Knowing how SE loves to milk franchises, I expect them to sell this "episodic" content at full retail price for each part. For example, I can see the Midgar part of the game selling for $59.99 (aka disc) and so on and I guarantee they will make at least 5 sections to fully get their investment worth. I will not buy (or switch to PS4) until they announce and it's a fair price for the full game (meaning, it shouldn't cost more than a regular game which as it is, is already a rip-off since the full game is available for cheap on PC/ebay).

Well we don't know yet. A fair few of us are waiting for more details, seems this issue is raising allot of eyebrows and criticism already so it would be stupid of square to go the greedy route... Simply put, its a situation of are they doing this to do the title justice are they doing it because the game is too big or are they doing it to push as much money out of people as possible regardless of how greedy.  Varius combinations ect...

IMO, it's not like FF7 is some small game so needing more details is pretty much needed for any conclusions. This game wont be using pre-rendered back grounds for example and that alone would make the game vastly larger in size. the games length is also super long, number of locations, ect, so the amount of content they would need to make is also quite allot. It's also worth noteing Square in the past did say that a remake of FF7 would be difficult because of how big the game is. It was likely the number one reason they never did it before now so it may be that this is the only way they can see turning a profit.

Who know's, they really should have given more depth in their details but if the game is 1+ years away then it may be a little while before we have some clerity.

Price has to be right then...