By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Buy PS4/X1 now, or wait for NX?

What to do?

Wait for NX 90 31.91%

Wait for PS5 41 14.54%

Wait for Xbox 2 8 2.84%

Wait for everything 31 10.99%

Buy this plastic box 78 27.66%

Buy that other plastic box 34 12.06%

Total:282
StarOcean said:
I doubt Nintendo will be faster at game development with whatever the NX is. I'd invest in a PS4/X1 and then wait until the NX has proven itself

Off course it will be, whole point of integrated platform and merging divisions and devomplemen teams is that they will develop their games just for one platform and not totally separate for home console and handheld like in previous generations.  In theory, imagine all Nintendo 3DS and Wii U games available for same platform.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
StarOcean said:
I doubt Nintendo will be faster at game development with whatever the NX is. I'd invest in a PS4/X1 and then wait until the NX has proven itself

Off course it will be, whole point of integrated platform and merging divisions and devomplemen teams is that they will develop their games just for one platform and not totally separate for home console and handheld like in previous generations.  In theory, imagine all Nintendo 3DS and Wii U games available for same platform.

We will see what happens. As far as the majority of what you said, besides the merging of both divisions, the rest is speculation. Until they've proven they're capable of making more than 1 game every 6 months without delays, I'll stay cautiously optimistic that they'll someday improve. Everything up leading up to this point has shown quite the opposite. So my suggestion to anyone thinking they should wait on the NX, is not to. Not until they can show an improvement on the output of their games, among other things.

StarOcean said:
Miyamotoo said:
StarOcean said:

We will see what happens. As far as the majority of what you said, besides the merging of both divisions, the rest is speculation. Until they've proven they're capable of making more than 1 game every 6 months without delays, I'll stay cautiously optimistic that they'll someday improve. Everything up leading up to this point has shown quite the opposite. So my suggestion to anyone thinking they should wait on the NX, is not to. Not until they can show an improvement on the output of their games, among other things.

Speculation based on things Nintendo said about their plans, merging divisions and development home console and handheld teams are part of those plans, integrated platform is also part of those plans.

Miyamotoo said:
StarOcean said:
Miyamotoo said:

Speculation based on things Nintendo said about their plans, merging divisions and development home console and handheld teams are part of those plans, integrated platform is also part of those plans.

Actions will speak much louder than their words.

StarOcean said:
Miyamotoo said:
StarOcean said:
Miyamotoo said:

Actions will speak much louder than their words.

Of Course, but for now we can only speculate based on things we have. :)

Around the Network

I wouldn't buy the NX as soon as it launches. What is going to be there? At best 3D Mario, Pikmin 4 and a port of Zelda U. Buying a year or two after lanch would be wiser.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Farsala said:
Get PS4 for $299 holiday sale, or wait until E3 to figure out what you want. As Rol would tell you even when Nintendo is dominating 3rd parties may still ignore them.

Most coherent reasoning I have yet to see so far in this thread.

Surprised so many here are still convinced NX will be weaker than PS4/X1.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

AZWification said:

I wouldn't buy the NX as soon as it launches. What is going to be there? At best 3D Mario, Pikmin 4 and a port of Zelda U. Buying a year or two after lanch would be wiser.

I'm maybe a bit more optimistic. The WiiU even with all its setbacks launched with several AAA ports. I figure the same will follow for the NX, but maybe actually work this time.

What's challenging here for me is that PS4/X1 aren't much more powerful than my near 5 year old PC, but I don't really have the option to upgrade it. So even at $300 for PS4 doesn't seem that much of an upgrade to me. Especially if that console only goes on another 2 years post-NX.

Buy a ps4 i doubt nx will be stronget

ZhugeEX said:
fleischr said:

but it already just seems as if NX will have a lot more to offer once it launches. Better multiplat performance. Portability. 

You lost me on this bit. We literally know nothing about the NX. 

It's simple. Are there any must play games on PS4/XB1 for you today? If so then buy the console. 

If there is no must play game then wait until there is or wait until the NX is out and then make a decision. 

I figure the Digitimes and WSJ sources are correct about NX. This thing's coming in hot and fast

But yeah. No must play yet :(. FFXV is the key title. I admittedly want main-series FF return to a Nintendo console and I'd be over the moon in NX the platform that runs it best.

So I'll likely wait...