By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Buy PS4/X1 now, or wait for NX?

What to do?

Wait for NX 90 31.91%

Wait for PS5 41 14.54%

Wait for Xbox 2 8 2.84%

Wait for everything 31 10.99%

Buy this plastic box 78 27.66%

Buy that other plastic box 34 12.06%

Total:282
zorg1000 said:
TheObserver said:

Really? Wii U gets like one worthwhile game every six months or so...that barely qualifies as support.

Nintendo has published almost 40 games for Wii U to date, not all of them are great but to say Nintendo hasn't supported Wii U is false.

3rd party support isn't really there.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
TheObserver said:

Really? Wii U gets like one worthwhile game every six months or so...that barely qualifies as support.

Nintendo has published almost 40 games for Wii U to date, not all of them are great but to say Nintendo hasn't supported Wii U is false.

The ones that say nintendo hasn't supported the wiiu have never played it, and have no clue what nintendo has done to support it.

Legacy said:
V-r0cK said:

I don't follow but It's called giving an answer when somebody asks a question, whereas your post is irrelavant to the thread.  I may not have given an elaborate answer, but an answer none the less. How about you? ...thought so.  So in this case, read that image back to yourself.  Thanks.

Your repsonse wasn't any better, so no need to get upset.

haha im not upset.  

And my response was better because I actually answered the question, regardless of how I said it I answered it. I'm still not following you here.

Main issue with "waiting for NX" is that we have no idea what the NX even is. It may not be much more powerful than PS4 and Xbox One. It might even be LESS powerful. Not even the companion handheld (or home console) is a confirmed thing.

PS4 and Xbox One are quantifiable and real, and they are getting some great JRPGs not currently slated for PC, let alone NX. That said, it sounds like you don't really need those systems right now either.

Why don't you just wait until the summer? By then we should have an idea of what the NX is, and whether or not its worth waiting for.

I just got my PS4 back, and I'm also going to buy Nintendo's console if it launches next fall. Buy both my friend and be happy!

Around the Network

I'd wait for NX. You can tell Nintendo is desperate to put it out. And I'm betting that all 3rd party devs and publishers are desperate to announce their games for it but can't because it would impact holiday sales.

bunchanumbers said:
I'd wait for NX. You can tell Nintendo is desperate to put it out. And I'm betting that all 3rd party devs and publishers are desperate to announce their games for it but can't because it would impact holiday sales.

You should take a look at their stocks ...

Legacy said:
zorg1000 said:

3rd party support isn't really there.

Irrelevant to what was said in the beginning of the quote tree.

Post 1-I don't know why anybody can be pleased with Wii U

Post 2-becuase Nintendo continues to support it with great games

Post 3-there is only one game every 6 months, I wouldn't call that support

Post 4-Nintendo has published about 40 games for Wii U, they have supported it

Post 5-3rd party support isn't there

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Get PS4 for $299 holiday sale, or wait until E3 to figure out what you want. As Rol would tell you even when Nintendo is dominating 3rd parties may still ignore them.

Get a PS4, not enough information on the NX to buy it day 1