By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Buy PS4/X1 now, or wait for NX?

What to do?

Wait for NX 90 31.91%

Wait for PS5 41 14.54%

Wait for Xbox 2 8 2.84%

Wait for everything 31 10.99%

Buy this plastic box 78 27.66%

Buy that other plastic box 34 12.06%

Total:282

I would go with the PS4/Xbox One if you want multiplatforms. Because at this point we know nothing concrete about the NX other than it exists. And even then you may want to wait until 2017 or 2018 or later to buy it if you are only concerned about multiplats.

I will buy the NX days one because I know that it will get Nintendo software, which is why I buy it.

Around the Network
Legacy said:
V-r0cK said:
Buy a PS4 cause nothing is slowing that train down.
p>

I don't follow but It's called giving an answer when somebody asks a question, whereas your post is irrelavant to the thread.  I may not have given an elaborate answer, but an answer none the less. How about you? ...thought so.  So in this case, read that image back to yourself.  Thanks.

If you have the money now why wait. We have 0 concrete info about what the NX will be and both the XOne and the PS4 have a hughe backlog of awesome games for anyone jumping in right now. If youre into JRPGs Id get a PS4 cause theres a metric fucktom of possibly great ones coming in the next year. Not to mention the whole specs talk is kind of nonsense cause its very likely that the NX wont be more powerfull than the PS4 and the XOne, if it is itll be marginaly so, Nintendo doesnt realy care about power.

Also if you get a PS4 or a Xone now you can possibly save enought money to also get a NX when it launches (if its good, we dont know).

V-r0cK said:
Legacy said:
p>

I don't follow but It's called giving an answer when somebody asks a question, whereas your post is irrelavant to the thread.  I may not have given an elaborate answer, but an answer none the less. How about you? ...thought so.  So in this case, read that image back to yourself.  Thanks.

Your repsonse wasn't any better, so no need to get upset.

Lol NX will be weaker and not have a wide and diverse lineup than ps4.

Around the Network

The easy answer is the ps4. It's guaranteed to get ff7, and ff15. It will get all multiplatform games. The nx is still a complete mystery. Will it get all multiplatform games? I will say it is doubtful. 3rd parties will do to the nx what they did to the wiiu: re-release some semi old games that cost $30 on the ps4-x1, and sell them for $60. Nobody will buy them, like wiiu owners skipped them, and that will be all the reason they have to not make any games for it. Enjoy the games today, tomorrow and for a few years to come, get a ps4.

fleischr said:

Hi all,

I'm primarily interested in the best machine for me for multiplats releasing 2016 and later. Specifically FFXV and the FF7 remake for now. I do have a PC that's been able to limp along for some recent multiplats (though I did have to pass on a few 2015 PC releases), but I'd rather not spend the time, money, and effort to set up a new future-proof gaming rig.  Changing the video card could help, but for this laptop of mine it doesn't seem a realistic option.

The PS4 and X1 have me concerned. In terms of raw specs (CPU, memory), they're actually barely ahead of my PC. Many games on PS4/X1 are still sub 1080p, below 60fps or even fail to hit 30 fps consistently as in Just Cause 3 or Fallout 4. Not sure if publishers are thinking this acceptable practice long-term (to me, it's not) or if they'd even push Sony and Microsoft go for PS5 or X2 sooner than anyone seems to expect now and resume the historically standard 5-6 year lifecycle for consoles -- especially if they're any bit serious about competing with the NX for having a more powerful console. Kind of kills the purpose of buying PS4/X1 if they're becoming irrelevant 2-3 years from now, right? But that's still speculation of mine... My mind says PS4 has the staying power I'd desire, but more of my friends are on the X1. And my heart says, NX will be ready to go out and totally kill it and be the right option that hits all my tastes.

I really don't honestly have much interest in either Sony or Microsoft's 1st party offerings. They're not bad, they just don't appeal to me that much.

Between my PC and WiiU (plus 3DS and my 360 I guess), I do feel like I still have a lot to enjoy. PS4 and X1 look okay now, but it already just seems as if NX will have a lot more to offer once it launches. Better multiplat performance. Portability. And the Nintendo 1st party games I already know I love.

Nvidia's next-gen Pascal GPU is out in a few months, so wait and upgrade your PC.

TheObserver said:
Miyamotoo said:
Aerys said:
I dont know how people can still trust Nintendo and buy NX day one after Wii U

Because Nintendo is delivering great games regardless if it's their best selling or worst selling console!?

Really? Wii U gets like one worthwhile game every six months or so...that barely qualifies as support.

Nintendo has published almost 40 games for Wii U to date, not all of them are great but to say Nintendo hasn't supported Wii U is false.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

fleischr said:

but it already just seems as if NX will have a lot more to offer once it launches. Better multiplat performance. Portability. 

You lost me on this bit. We literally know nothing about the NX. 

It's simple. Are there any must play games on PS4/XB1 for you today? If so then buy the console. 

If there is no must play game then wait until there is or wait until the NX is out and then make a decision. 

Wait until NX is actually revealed which should be in a few months.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.