By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Buy PS4/X1 now, or wait for NX?

What to do?

Wait for NX 90 31.91%

Wait for PS5 41 14.54%

Wait for Xbox 2 8 2.84%

Wait for everything 31 10.99%

Buy this plastic box 78 27.66%

Buy that other plastic box 34 12.06%

Total:282

I have the feeling you already made your mind or at least want NX much more over ps4 and xb1. The problem is that you are basing it on assumption that I have a hard time believing it is going to happen. Like I said, I don't see nintendo shooting themselves in the foot with a powerful console that makes no/to little profit and even then, they gonna have a hard time bringing third parties in masses to the console as nintendo console history has proven since the N64.

If you really want NX so badly, I recommend to not buy the console at launch to give you the necessary time to figure out whether the console is going to have third parties support.

Around the Network
fleischr said:
theprof00 said:
Well, PS4 is now 2 years old, going into it's third year. The most support consoles get is usually in the third and fourth year, with the highest quality titles arriving sometimes even later.

If you were to wait for 2016 for the NX, it would actually be best to wait until 2018.
So, the question is either, buy a ps4 now with tons of games out and coming out, or buy nx at launch with almost no games.

Issue here is that 90% of PS4 games I honestly won't ever care about. And of the remaining percentage, there could be a very good chance of those ending up on the NX if it indeed is as if not more powerful than PS4. Being relatively satisfied with the 1st party output of the WiiU 2013 onwards, I'm not that hard to please in terms of number of releases. 

By the numbers apples-to-oranges, number of quality releases are pretty much the same to me for either platform (PS4 vs NX)

So then what the fuck is the point of this thread

EDIT: Nevermind I just read the rest of the OP

"Between my PC and WiiU (plus 3DS and my 360 I guess), I do feel like I still have a lot to enjoy. PS4 and X1 look okay now, but it already just seems as if NX will have a lot more to offer once it launches. Better multiplat performance. Portability. And the Nintendo 1st party games I already know I love."

Yep, you can't beat that outstanding history of Nintendo multiplat performance, and portability, and franchises that don't change from gen to gen like metroid soccer and zelda dynasty warriors and animal crossing: happy house designer.

EDIT 2: It appears I have been trolled. This is a sad day

This has to be a joke thread or designed to troll. It seems like it was created to stir the pot.

Wagram said:

This has to be a joke thread or designed to troll. It seems like it was created to stir the pot.

Yep seeing that to.

Op is heavly biesed towards one side and overly hopefull to the tune of fantasy about its prospects just to talk down the orthers. 

I remember when Square Enix said they would be bringing Final Fantasy 13 to Wii U lol, and actually a bunch of other developers promising games on Wii U that never happened. I seriously doubt it will be any different.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network

Mario 3d World would like to say hi. It might not fit your idea of a 3d Mario game. But it is one.

Get a PS4. The NX isnt going to be what you think it will.

Probably upgrade the rig and then buy the NX when it comes out later.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

The NX release date is unknown, so buy now.

Diablos said:
Wagram said:

Yep seeing that to.

Op is heavly biesed towards one side and overly hopefull to the tune of fantasy about its prospects just to talk down the orthers. 

Seems odd that the OP would pose an "honest" question but then advocate heavily fpr one side. Why ask the question if your mind is already made up.

Unless it is a joke/ troll thread. Only thing that makes sense.