By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Buy PS4/X1 now, or wait for NX?

What to do?

Wait for NX 90 31.91%

Wait for PS5 41 14.54%

Wait for Xbox 2 8 2.84%

Wait for everything 31 10.99%

Buy this plastic box 78 27.66%

Buy that other plastic box 34 12.06%

Total:282

Well, maybe you should wait until E3. There you will know exactly what the NX will be and you'll be able to make a better decision!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

GET A PS4! #GreatnessAwaitz

Join the DarkSide, or die! 

At least you have a PC to entertainment now so ...

Wait until E3 2016, and you will know what you need my friend

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213
fleischr said:
AZWification said:

I wouldn't buy the NX as soon as it launches. What is going to be there? At best 3D Mario, Pikmin 4 and a port of Zelda U. Buying a year or two after lanch would be wiser.

I'm maybe a bit more optimistic. The WiiU even with all its setbacks launched with several AAA ports. I figure the same will follow for the NX, but maybe actually work this time.

What's challenging here for me is that PS4/X1 aren't much more powerful than my near 5 year old PC, but I don't really have the option to upgrade it. So even at $300 for PS4 doesn't seem that much of an upgrade to me. Especially if that console only goes on another 2 years post-NX.

The Western ports the WiiU had at launch were missing features the PS3 and 360 versions had. The Japanese ports, like Tekken and Ninja Gaiden, were definitely better. I think it's safe to assume Sonic and maybe Dragon Quest XI will be launch titles for the NX.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Justagamer said:
Lol, wow. This guy sure has ruffled up some feathers with this thread. Well done, hahaha!

This gen it's become super easy to ruffle feathers, basically nothing is supposed to surpass the console that's sold the most at this point which apparently means the other two are forever doomed and supposed to do super crap which also means their next gen descendants are also supposed to do crap, suggesting differently instantly ruffles said feathers.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Justagamer said:
Farsala said:

I think it will be stronger, but does it matter? 3rd partys need strong relationships with Nintendo to release more games for it. Gamecube was the strongest in its gen and its 3rd party was very poor compared with the PS2 and Xbox. Wii was dominating and still had less 3rd party support.

No, the gamecube wasn't the strongest, that was the xbox. Gamecube was in the middle, with the ps2 being the weakest. The gamecube e actually got great support for much of its life, getting most 3rd party multiplatform games. The Wii was just too different and way too weak to get multiplatform games. But, I agree with you about the current state of nintendo and 3rd parties: they're not going to really support the nx, whatever it is, and regardless of its power.

Lies and slander. It was the second strongest. The 6th gen's powerhouse was the Xbox...

Just buy a PS4. The JPRG scene will be insane next year.

Justagamer said:
Lol, wow. This guy sure has ruffled up some feathers with this thread. Well done, hahaha!

Even though my predicament is 100% real, that's exactly what I'd figure I'd accomplish ;)

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Mystro-Sama said:
Just buy a PS4. The JPRG scene will be insane next year.

Agreed. But I'll have XCX, SMT xFE, 3DS JRPGs and whatever platform I get FFXV on to work through. Kind of makes many of those extra JRPGs irrelevant for me sadly.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

AsGryffynn said:
Justagamer said:

No, the gamecube wasn't the strongest, that was the xbox. Gamecube was in the middle, with the ps2 being the weakest. The gamecube e actually got great support for much of its life, getting most 3rd party multiplatform games. The Wii was just too different and way too weak to get multiplatform games. But, I agree with you about the current state of nintendo and 3rd parties: they're not going to really support the nx, whatever it is, and regardless of its power.

Lies and slander. It was the second strongest. The 6th gen's powerhouse was the Xbox...

Ummm..... that's what I said man.