By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Buy PS4/X1 now, or wait for NX?

What to do?

Wait for NX 90 31.91%

Wait for PS5 41 14.54%

Wait for Xbox 2 8 2.84%

Wait for everything 31 10.99%

Buy this plastic box 78 27.66%

Buy that other plastic box 34 12.06%

Total:282
AsGryffynn said:

People here just love to jump the gun and parrot "PS4" without reading the OP, don't they?

So, is it for FFXV and FFVII or you like the genre? Since your friends are there, if you are only on it for those two, I'd say a XONE, since we are also playing FFXV, but if you're interested on JRPGs other than those two, then I'd recommend a PS4 since it seems to be the PlayStation 4's staple...

FF specifically. Not the biggest JRPG nut, but FF is a series I've always loved.

It just bothers me that X1 is coming up short lately in multiplat performance and I fear that's a gap that's only going to widen. FF15 demo for X1 did NOT technically look anywhere near as good as PS4. Not sure how games will run on X1 2017 and beyond... Not harping on X1, but it's not positioned as well as 360 was in it's time.

If FF does indeed makes a grand a return to the Nintendo platform and runs best on NX, that's where I want to be...

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
fleischr said:
AZWification said:

I wouldn't buy the NX as soon as it launches. What is going to be there? At best 3D Mario, Pikmin 4 and a port of Zelda U. Buying a year or two after lanch would be wiser.

I'm maybe a bit more optimistic. The WiiU even with all its setbacks launched with several AAA ports. I figure the same will follow for the NX, but maybe actually work this time.

What's challenging here for me is that PS4/X1 aren't much more powerful than my near 5 year old PC, but I don't really have the option to upgrade it. So even at $300 for PS4 doesn't seem that much of an upgrade to me. Especially if that console only goes on another 2 years post-NX.

If the bolded is when you're takling raw specs (ie. numbers) then that is sorta irrelevant. I can assure you that (assuming you mean raw specs with the bolded) the PS4 and the XBO are both way more capable at actual gaming, despite only being a bit more powerful than your PC.

Kirin_gaming said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:
Buy as PS4. Over 30 Million customers, can't be wrong.

The Nazi party had 8 million followers, turns out they were wrong :/

But the Nazi party weren't the majority in the world.

this is no question.

PS4, because the console has the most and best games in the future.
better multigames
amazing jrpgs and awesome west+japan support. here is a christmas-poll ^^
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=210654&page=1#

Cant wait: Persona 5, Uncharted 4, Shenmue 3, Final Fantasy 15 and Dragon Quest 11 on PS4.

Well, PS4 is now 2 years old, going into it's third year. The most support consoles get is usually in the third and fourth year, with the highest quality titles arriving sometimes even later.

If you were to wait for 2016 for the NX, it would actually be best to wait until 2018.
So, the question is either, buy a ps4 now with tons of games out and coming out, or buy nx at launch with almost no games.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
fleischr said:

I'm maybe a bit more optimistic. The WiiU even with all its setbacks launched with several AAA ports. I figure the same will follow for the NX, but maybe actually work this time.

What's challenging here for me is that PS4/X1 aren't much more powerful than my near 5 year old PC, but I don't really have the option to upgrade it. So even at $300 for PS4 doesn't seem that much of an upgrade to me. Especially if that console only goes on another 2 years post-NX.

If the bolded is when you're takling raw specs (ie. numbers) then that is sorta irrelevant. I can assure you that (assuming you mean raw specs with the bolded) the PS4 and the XBO are both way more capable at actual gaming, despite only being a bit more powerful than your PC.

Let's say this: My PC can get solid performance out of pretty much all PC releases up to 2014 as it at least hits minimum specs for most major games released up to that time. But I can't run Witcher 3 -- but I can run Witcher 2 like a boss!

But if my PC got a 10-20% boost in power all-around, I could run Witcher 3 pretty decently at near PS4/X1 like levels

Legacy said:
Angelv577 said:
I don't think NX will be more powerful than ps4 and xb1 and even if that does happen, the system needs to prove that multiplatform games are gonna be there which there is no way to guarantee that will happen.

If you are looking for a system for multiplatform titles, you are better off buying a ps4/xb1 or PC.

PS4 and xbox One aren't even strong systems to begin with.

Compare to PC sure but they aren't that cheap to produce either.  Considering that Nintendo have barely no chance competing at a price $300 or more, they have no other choice but to make a relatively cheap console in order to be profitable day one, hence why I don't believe it will be more powerful.

theprof00 said:
Well, PS4 is now 2 years old, going into it's third year. The most support consoles get is usually in the third and fourth year, with the highest quality titles arriving sometimes even later.

If you were to wait for 2016 for the NX, it would actually be best to wait until 2018.
So, the question is either, buy a ps4 now with tons of games out and coming out, or buy nx at launch with almost no games.

Issue here is that 90% of PS4 games I honestly won't ever care about. And of the remaining percentage, there could be a very good chance of those ending up on the NX if it indeed is as if not more powerful than PS4. Being relatively satisfied with the 1st party output of the WiiU 2013 onwards, I'm not that hard to please in terms of number of releases. 

By the numbers apples-to-oranges, number of quality releases are pretty much the same to me for either platform (PS4 vs NX)

There's not really any contest tbh, the PlayStation 4is easily the best option, and the NX imo is out the question, I genuinely think the nx is going to flop in the west but really flourish in Japan. The lack of sales in the west will kill it. Multiplat devs won't go near it as it won't be worth it. (This is my opinion so all the nintendonians don't need to come at me with pitch forks)

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Get a PS4, especially since we don't even know if FFVII or FFXV are even coming to the NX. Might as well get it on the PS4 where you know it'll come instead of hoping that SE puts them on the NX. At the end of the day it's your choice though.