By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Buy PS4/X1 now, or wait for NX?

What to do?

Wait for NX 90 31.91%

Wait for PS5 41 14.54%

Wait for Xbox 2 8 2.84%

Wait for everything 31 10.99%

Buy this plastic box 78 27.66%

Buy that other plastic box 34 12.06%

Total:282
fleischr said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Just buy a PS4. The JPRG scene will be insane next year.

Agreed. But I'll have XCX, SMT xFE, 3DS JRPGs and whatever platform I get FFXV on to work through. Kind of makes many of those extra JRPGs irrelevant for me sadly.

Persona 5 is irrelevant?... Wut?

Around the Network
Justagamer said:
AsGryffynn said:

Lies and slander. It was the second strongest. The 6th gen's powerhouse was the Xbox...

Ummm..... that's what I said man.

I feel some editing or quoting vodoo was involved... I swear I saw "the GC was the strongest" and I wasn't drunk when I saw it...

Edit: Nah, seems I wanted to quote Farsala and wound up quoting you instead ;P

Miyamotoo said:
Qwark said:
Miyamotoo said:
Aerys said:
I dont know how people can still trust Nintendo and buy NX day one after Wii U

Because Nintendo is delivering great games regardless if it's their best selling or worst selling console!?

Yes but if the Wii tought us something the amount of those games is highly depends om the succes of the console. If you compare GC or Wii library to Wii U it's downright laughable. 

Laughable!? I don't think that GC had more quality games than Wii U.

It had 2 zelda's, the best super smash, mario kart double dash, metroid prime 1, metroid prime 2,  F ZERO GX, super mario sunshine (not the best in the series but still), pikmin 1, pikmin 2 and it had some good third party titles down the line like resident evil 4 and beyond good and evil.

Which I value more over Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, Mario maker, Super Mario 3d world, SSB 4, Xenoblade X, Pikmin 3 and way, way to many 2d platformers.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
Miyamotoo said:
Qwark said:
Miyamotoo said:
Aerys said:

Because Nintendo is delivering great games regardless if it's their best selling or worst selling console!?

Yes but if the Wii tought us something the amount of those games is highly depends om the succes of the console. If you compare GC or Wii library to Wii U it's downright laughable. 

It had 2 zelda's, the best super smash, mario kart double dash, metroid prime 1, metroid prime 2,  F ZERO GX, super mario sunshine (not the best in the series but still), pikmin 1, pikmin 2 and it had some good third party titles down the line like resident evil 4 and beyond good and evil.

Which I value more over Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, Mario maker, Super Mario 3d world, SSB 4, Xenoblade X, Pikmin 3 and way, way to many 2d platformers.

Those 2D platformers are also great, so NSMBU, DKTF, Yoshi Wolly World, and you didnt mentione Zelda U or , also W101, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, Pokken Tournament...not mention that some of Nintendo Wii U games are best in series.

Aerys said:

Nothing else to add.

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
fleischr said:

Agreed. But I'll have XCX, SMT xFE, 3DS JRPGs and whatever platform I get FFXV on to work through. Kind of makes many of those extra JRPGs irrelevant for me sadly.

Persona 5 is irrelevant?... Wut?

He did say for him... He has plenty of jrpgs to play through on 3DS which I would argue has many more RELEVANT jrpgs.

Miyamotoo said:
Qwark said:
Miyamotoo said:
Qwark said:
Miyamotoo said:
Aerys said:

Those 2D platformers are also great, so NSMBU, DKTF, Yoshi Wolly World, and you didnt mentione Zelda U or , also W101, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, Pokken Tournament...not mention that some of Nintendo Wii U games are best in series.

I didn't mention EVERY GC release either just the one I think are memorable enough to mention and being relevant for the console over it's lifespan. You could add bayo 2 to that list though and perhaps W101 since it's practically the firts game which used the gamepad right. But most if not practically every 2d platformer I played on Wii U was nothing more than a good timefiller for me (The best being Rayman Legends which was worse than it's predecessor, because it was way too easy). Unlike most Nintendo gamers here I don't think every game is a memorable or directly a good game. If I would mention a PS3 list I wouldn't mention quite a lot of games as well, since the big games define a library as with the Wii. As for Zelda U it isn't out yet and it's still arguable if it will even release on Wii U, it could become a the last guardian scenario with the complete media blackout in 2015. Hyrule warriors isn't a high caliber title it will be more or less memorable as 1080 avalanche (pretty good game). If I would make a list for PS4 I wouldn't get further than Bloodborne, Driveclub, Killzone and Infamous the rest isn't just worth mentioning into the lifespan of a console.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark, unlike most Sony gamers here I don't think this much effort should be put into something you don't care about(Nintendo). You clearly know nothing about them lol, your comments on Zelda U are so off its hilarious. Complete media blackout yet we did get a couple of seconds of new footage and Zelda u may not release for WiiU seems quite unlikely since it was just recently reconfirmed lol.

Qwark said:
Miyamotoo said:
Qwark said:
Miyamotoo said:
Qwark said:
Miyamotoo said:
Aerys said:

I didn't mention EVERY GC release either just the one I think are memorable enough to mention and being relevant for the console over it's lifespan. You could add bayo 2 to that list though and perhaps W101 since it's practically the firts game which used the gamepad right. But most if not practically every 2d platformer I played on Wii U was nothing more than a good timefiller for me (The best being Rayman Legends which was worse than it's predecessor, because it was way too easy). Unlike most Nintendo gamers here I don't think every game is a memorable or directly a good game. If I would mention a PS3 list I wouldn't mention quite a lot of games as well, since the big games define a library as with the Wii. As for Zelda U it isn't out yet and it's still arguable if it will even release on Wii U, it could become a the last guardian scenario with the complete media blackout in 2015. Hyrule warriors isn't a high caliber title it will be more or less memorable as 1080 avalanche (pretty good game). If I would make a list for PS4 I wouldn't get further than Bloodborne, Driveclub, Killzone and Infamous the rest isn't just worth mentioning into the lifespan of a console.

I also didnt mentione evry Wii U game, but those 2D games are great and of the best games on console. Maybe for you Wii U was only timefiler, but for Nintendo fasn it great console, it have very good Nintendo games and  some of Nintendo Wii U games are best in series.

Zelda U is coming on Wii U and that is arguable at all, only thing that is arguable about Zelda U is if there will be port for NX (I think it will be).

Give this NX crap a rest.