By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Selling Console Does Not Equal Best Console.

tokilamockingbrd said:
Azzanation said:
PS1 best selling but I spent most of my time on the N64
PS2 best selling but I played the hell out of my GameCube
Wii best selling but I loved my 360
PS4 best selling but I cant get off my XB1

All my opinion and taste.

so you were a Nintendo fan that choose the lesser of 2 evils when you realized Nintendo was not doing the job for you anymore. I work with a guy who was the same way. He was a huge Ninty fanboy back in the day. But the Wii made him give up on Nintendo he chose to go to XB360 over going over to the darkside. 

: ). just messing with you BTW. 360 was better than PS3 for a good chunk of last Gen so I understand that. 

well i think the major deciding factor for me was 2 things, Halo which at the time PS didn't really have any major Blockbuster and Rare which I grew up loving Rare though my youth. Apart from that I mainly game on PC now since its getting the best of both worlds these days.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
tokilamockingbrd said:

so you were a Nintendo fan that choose the lesser of 2 evils when you realized Nintendo was not doing the job for you anymore. I work with a guy who was the same way. He was a huge Ninty fanboy back in the day. But the Wii made him give up on Nintendo he chose to go to XB360 over going over to the darkside. 

: ). just messing with you BTW. 360 was better than PS3 for a good chunk of last Gen so I understand that. 

well i think the major deciding factor for me was 2 things, Halo which at the time PS didn't really have any major Blockbuster and Rare which I grew up loving Rare though my youth. Apart from that I mainly game on PC now since its getting the best of both worlds these days.

both are excellant reasons. The reason I almost gave in last gen and got a 360 was from about 06-10 it seemed almost every multiplat performed better on the console. Never personally cared for Halo, but the Fable games have always tempted me. 

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

The best console is a good balance of games, exclusives, ecosystem, community, price, and power.

PS4 is the console with the most games, the most (console) exclusives, a fantastic ecosystem of devices, over 50% of the 8th generation community, a deliciously fair price tag, and the most powerful console on the market. It is safe to say at this point that, as far as gaming is concerned, PS4 is objectively the best option. Wii U has unique, family friendly games, and XB1 has media functions & Halo... But raw numbers speak heavily in favor of PS4.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

tokilamockingbrd said:
Azzanation said:
PS1 best selling but I spent most of my time on the N64
PS2 best selling but I played the hell out of my GameCube
Wii best selling but I loved my 360
PS4 best selling but I cant get off my XB1

All my opinion and taste.

If by lesser you mean inferior, then you'd be right! :D

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

OP states fact but not necessarily something everyone didnt all ready know

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
Azuren said:
The best console is a good balance of games, exclusives, ecosystem, community, price, and power.

PS4 is the console with the most games, the most (console) exclusives, a fantastic ecosystem of devices, over 50% of the 8th generation community, a deliciously fair price tag, and the most powerful console on the market. It is safe to say at this point that, as far as gaming is concerned, PS4 is objectively the best option. Wii U has unique, family friendly games, and XB1 has media functions & Halo... But raw numbers speak heavily in favor of PS4.

"Everything I do and say is in a sarcastic, not-serious tone. Don't take anything I say seriously. "

Good.

I don't think I've seen anyone try to claim that the PS4 is the best console because it is the bestselling. I've seen people argue that the PS4 is the best console due to other reasons though, which is silly, because best is subjective. But then of course, I've seen people try to do the same for all the other consoles as well, sooooo

Teeqoz said:
I don't think I've seen anyone try to claim that the PS4 is the best console because it is the bestselling. I've seen people argue that the PS4 is the best console due to other reasons though, which is silly, because best is subjective. But then of course, I've seen people try to do the same for all the other consoles as well, sooooo

Yes, the only truly objective statements are:

PS4 is the most powerful
PS4 has the most games
PS4 has the highest rated games overall
PS4 Has the better versions of multiplats

Which is the 'best' is purely subjective, although, when advising someone on which console to buy -- given the person you are advising has no brand allegiance -- 'best' would more often than not incorporate all of those catagories. You clearly wouldn't use those catagories when advising someone with brand allegiance because they've already subjectively invested in that brand and objectivity is not as powerful as subjectivity. It's the same with variety of games. Yes, once again this catagory is subjective but having far more games with more diversity means the PS4 is objectively going to suit more people in a subjective way. If you don't know the tastes of an individual then you would clearly stand a better chance of advising them correctly by pointing them towards the console with far more games.

The PS5 Exists. 

The best selling system is the best system for the majority. It's great that we have different tastes, but their is a reason that a console becomes the best selling console.

Wii was easily best console last generation.Heaps of shovelware but an amazing library of very high quality games, meanwhile most of the top games on 360 and PS3 were available on PC anyway.