By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - At this rate, Zelda X will arrive in 2021

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

So you're saying that EAD was making just SS graphics for 5 years!? In that case we SS development would take 10 years. :)

Like I already wrote to you, completely new, unique, great and beautiful art style and graphics for every new game is just one of reasons why 3D Zelda and Uncharted are not on same level of development. In case of SS I am pretty sure that good part of development time went on integration of Motion Controls in game, or in other words, on new experience and mechanics.

Zelda's art styles are not so demanding that they justify it taking over twice as long to make as a game with high end (for the time) realistic graphics, complex AI/animations/physics, online multiplayer, etc.

The art style is not an excuse; Killzone Shadowfall has a different art style to Killzone 3, but they were released just two years apart.

You are going round in circles again, I already answered you on all that in previous posts. Pls read what's already is written.

Miyamotoo said:

Well there is huge difference between Uncharted 2 and 3 and Zelda 3D seriesfirst Uncharted 2 and 3 are linear action games, U2 and U3 are using same engine and they certainly could reused some models and textures, also it's basically just a sequel without almost any new staffs they just needed new story. On other hand Zelda 3D series is not linear at all (except SS) and they are open world adventure games, evry Zelda 3D game (exept MM) is using totally different art style and graphic, and evry 3D Zelda games gives totally new staffs and mechanics. 3D Zelda game is much more on pair with games like Skyrim or Fallout.

That's why I said that Nintendo could make new Zelda game in 2-3 years only if they pull MM again, and I hope they can manage completely new Zelda in 3-4 years but I am not sure.

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

On the other hand though, Uncharted 2 and 3 had to do a lot of stuff Zelda doesn't; complex AI, physics, animation, and large scale action setpieces, online multiplayer; these things all take lots of time and resources too.

Zelda has very complex dungeons, epic bosses, open world and NPCs but those are smaller details like things you mentioned, so my point stands. You cant compare Uncharted with games like Skyrim, but definitely in some way you can compare Zelda with Skyrim.

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

High end realistic graphics are harder to make than cartoon graphics.

Finding completely new, unique, great and beautiful art style and graphics for every new game is much harder than go every time for realistic graphics.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Finding completely new, unique, great and beautiful art style and graphics for every new game is much harder than go every time for realistic graphics.

If doodling around with art styles adds years to your game's production, then you're being a inefficient and indulgent.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

If doodling around with art styles adds years to your game's production, then you're being a inefficient and indulgent.

Well like I wrote, art style and graphic is just one of reasons why 3D Zelda developments are long. I am not sure if adds years to game production but certainly effects on time then just go for usual art stlye and graphic.

When Nintendo experimented possible art styles and graphics for Zelda U they tested TP, WW and SS art styles and graphics in HD also in order also, and they decided to make WWHD because looked best in HD. So all that points that finding completely new, unique, great and beautiful art style and graphics for every new game is much harder than go every time for realistic graphics. Also completely new, unique, great and beautiful art style and graphics for evry new 3D Zelda is one of the reasons why 3D Zelda is so unique and totaly difrent from any game other on market. That also main reason why I told you if Nintendo pull MM again with Zelda U, we could have NX Zelda in 2-3 years after Zelda U.

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Well like I wrote, art style and graphic is just one of reasons why 3D Zelda developments are long. I am not sure if adds years to game production but certainly effects on time then just go for usual art stlye and graphic.

When Nintendo experimented possible art styles and graphics for Zelda U they tested TP, WW and SS art styles and graphics in HD also in order also, and they decided to make WWHD because looked best in HD. So all that points that finding completely new, unique, great and beautiful art style and graphics for every new game is much harder than go every time for realistic graphics. Also completely new, unique, great and beautiful art style and graphics for evry new 3D Zelda is one of the reasons why 3D Zelda is so unique and totaly difrent from any game other on market. That also main reason why I told you if Nintendo pull MM again with Zelda U, we could have NX Zelda in 2-3 years after Zelda U.

Experimenting with different art styles does not make Zelda as complex and demanding a production as something like Uncharted.

Again, Killzone 3 to Killzone Shadowfall changed art style substantially, still only took two years. Mind you I'm not saying we should get a Zelda every two years, (3-4 would be best) but changing art style doesn't justify a 5 year cycle.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Experimenting with different art styles does not make Zelda as complex and demanding a production as something like Uncharted.

Again, Killzone 3 to Killzone Shadowfall changed art style substantially, still only took two years. Mind you I'm not saying we should get a Zelda every two years, (3-4 would be best) but changing art style doesn't justify a 5 year cycle.

You again forgetting what I wrote earlier. Experimenting and finding completely new, unique, great and beautiful art style and graphics for every new 3D Zelda is just one of reasons that I mentioned why 3D Zelda requires more developing time than Uncharted.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

You again forgetting what I wrote earlier. Experimenting and finding completely new, unique, great and beautiful art style and graphics for every new 3D Zelda is just one of reasons that I mentioned why 3D Zelda requires more developing time than Uncharted.

Motion controls in Skyward Sword or Zelda U being their first HD game don't justify 5 years either. Uncharted 1 was Naughty Dog's first HD game, took 2 years to make. 

For every thing Zelda has to do that Uncharted doesn't, there are things Uncharted had do that Zelda doesn't; complex AI/animations/physics, working with the PS3's notoriously difficult architecture, balancing online multiplayer, creating detailed realistic graphics, etc.

It's not a matter of hype or waiting. Nintendo can't afford 5 year cycles for Zelda simply beacuse they can't afford to allocate so much time and resources on a single game while we have droughts and we don't have a decent Metroid game since 2007.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Motion controls in Skyward Sword or Zelda U being their first HD game don't justify 5 years either. Uncharted 1 was Naughty Dog's first HD game, took 2 years to make. 

For every thing Zelda has to do that Uncharted doesn't, there are things Uncharted had do that Zelda doesn't; complex AI/animations/physics, working with the PS3's notoriously difficult architecture, balancing online multiplayer, creating detailed realistic graphics, etc.

Like I said, I am pretty sure that SS Motion Controls take quiet time in SS development. Zelda U is not just first HD Zelda game, but also first true open Zelda with biggest world ever.

You again going in circles I already wrote answers on your posts, but here again once more and please read all remember what I wrote already:

Well there is huge difference between Uncharted 2 and 3 and Zelda 3D seriesfirst Uncharted 2 and 3 are linear action games, U2 and U3 are using same engine and they certainly could reused some models and textures, also it's basically just a sequel without almost any new staffs they just needed new story. On other hand Zelda 3D series is not linear at all (except SS) and they are open world adventure games, evry Zelda 3D game (exept MM) is using totally different art style and graphic, and evry 3D Zelda games gives totally new staffs and mechanics. 3D Zelda game is much more on pair with games like Skyrim or Fallout.

curl-6 said:

On the other hand though, Uncharted 2 and 3 had to do a lot of stuff Zelda doesn't; complex AI, physics, animation, and large scale action setpieces, online multiplayer; these things all take lots of time and resources too.

Zelda has very complex dungeons, epic bosses, open world and NPCs but those are smaller details like things you mentioned, so my point stands. You cant compare Uncharted with games like Skyrim, but definitely in some way you can compare Zelda with Skyrim.

Miyamotoo said:

Finding new art styles does not justify 5 years, nor does motion controls, nor does it being their first HD title. Killzone 3 to Killzone Shadowfall came up with a new art style, took 2 years. Oblivion was Bethesda's first HD game, and open world to boot, and took 4 years.

And no, finding new styles of cartoon graphics is NOT harder than making complex, cutting edge realistic graphics.

The Zelda team are simply inefficient.

And Zelda Z will launch on 2027!!!!!