By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Now seems like the perfect time to buy a PS4

ganoncrotch said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:
I have a ps4 since launch but honestly, I keep going back to ps2 lately. Needs more Japanese games I guess. Too many America sports and shooters on ps4.

Hey I found myself breaking out the PS2 again recently but found it a bit grainy on my 42" TV, but I got a component cable for it recently http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Component-AV-TV-Video-Audio-Cable-Cord-For-Sony-PS2-PS3-Slim-HDTV-HC-/261831593845?hash=item3cf6610f75:g:dZYAAOSwBLlVGnKU not that exact model but a similar product, really made the world of different with some of that Grainy look the ps2 puts out when using the scart cable on a HDTV, for the sake of a few euro it's definitely worth checking out if you have a nice screen and still have some PS2 games to work your way through. Damn that console had some great classics.

Well I've still got an excellent Samsung flat screen crt and a set of component cables hooked up to my ps2 for a nice crisp picture. Playing a lot of ridge racer 5, ssx, and mgs 2 recently. Don't think I'll ever get tired of that console and its games. 

PS2 + crt tv + component cables = bliss.

Around the Network
Ali_16x said:
Cloudman said:
Yeah, it does seem like a perfect time to buy a PS4, though oddly enough, I am still not ready to jump on it. I still have a lot of games I want to play and finish before I buy another console, and I don't really feel an urgency to get one. When I am finally out of things to play, then that will likely be the time I will buy one.

Same here with the Xbox One, a bunch of games I really want to play, especially the Halo series and Sunset but my PS4 takes most of my time and old PS1/PS2 titles on PC.

You and me both, bro... o:

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

UltimateGamer1982 said:
ganoncrotch said:

Hey I found myself breaking out the PS2 again recently but found it a bit grainy on my 42" TV, but I got a component cable for it recently http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Component-AV-TV-Video-Audio-Cable-Cord-For-Sony-PS2-PS3-Slim-HDTV-HC-/261831593845?hash=item3cf6610f75:g:dZYAAOSwBLlVGnKU not that exact model but a similar product, really made the world of different with some of that Grainy look the ps2 puts out when using the scart cable on a HDTV, for the sake of a few euro it's definitely worth checking out if you have a nice screen and still have some PS2 games to work your way through. Damn that console had some great classics.

Well I've still got an excellent Samsung flat screen crt and a set of component cables hooked up to my ps2 for a nice crisp picture. Playing a lot of ridge racer 5, ssx, and mgs 2 recently. Don't think I'll ever get tired of that console and its games. 

PS2 + crt tv + component cables = bliss.

Sounds like an awesome setup, I'm always torn between size and quality tho, I don't mind it on handhelds but when it comes to screen I just went for bigger LCD rather than a heavy CRT model, might get one at some point again for old school consoles, but for now happy enough with the comprimise of clarity but of course... I can't play games like Time Crisis 2 at all.... or any of the amazing G-Gon45 games on the PS2.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Now? No.

The games I want are still months away. If I can get Uncharted 4 or SFV bundled at $349, that would be fantastic.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Unless there are currently no exclusives out that you want to play

Around the Network
Azerth said:
Unless there are currently no exclusives out that you want to play

If there's not an exclusive you want to play on PS4, then you probably only have eyes for FPS.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

I bought mine a few days ago so I guess I'll have to agree with ya.

ArchangelMadzz said:

This post almost made me buy a PS4, lucky I looked across my room and saw mine on my desk before any rash decisions were made..

lol

Aeolus451 said:
I bought mine a few days ago so I guess I'll have to agree with ya.

get bloodbourne

I've been of the sentiment this whole fall that if you don't own an 8th gen console, get a PS4. If you own either an Xbox One or a PS4 as your primary and are looking for a secondary, get a Wii U. The PS4 is, IMHO, the definitive primary console unless you are an absolutely MASSIVE Halo fan. But neither are yet equipped, IMO, to be a good secondary. Meanwhile the Wii U has numerous well received exclusives out and several more soon coming. But the PS4 is getting there. Next year it will have a very compelling argument for both the primary and secondary positions with the additions of Horizon, Last Guardian (if that makes 2016), Uncharted, and more.