By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Now seems like the perfect time to buy a PS4

Cloudman said:
Yeah, it does seem like a perfect time to buy a PS4, though oddly enough, I am still not ready to jump on it. I still have a lot of games I want to play and finish before I buy another console, and I don't really feel an urgency to get one. When I am finally out of things to play, then that will likely be the time I will buy one.

I have exactly the same issue, I have such a shameful backlog of games at this stage that I want to play... coupled with the fact that as the "next gen" gets into full swing, places like Gamestop and CEX here in my town are selling off tons of great titles for the X360 and PS3 for 2-5euro each... means that backlog gets even bigger all the time too.

Not to mention the fact that.... I've had psn+ for the past 2 years, so when I do get a PS4 my IGC for the console already has about 30+ games in it including Rocketleague and Towerfall both of which I've read so much about and am dying to own.... sigh I already have a backlog for a system I've yet to own.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
UltimateGamer1982 said:
I have a ps4 since launch but honestly, I keep going back to ps2 lately. Needs more Japanese games I guess. Too many America sports and shooters on ps4.

Hey I found myself breaking out the PS2 again recently but found it a bit grainy on my 42" TV, but I got a component cable for it recently http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Component-AV-TV-Video-Audio-Cable-Cord-For-Sony-PS2-PS3-Slim-HDTV-HC-/261831593845?hash=item3cf6610f75:g:dZYAAOSwBLlVGnKU not that exact model but a similar product, really made the world of different with some of that Grainy look the ps2 puts out when using the scart cable on a HDTV, for the sake of a few euro it's definitely worth checking out if you have a nice screen and still have some PS2 games to work your way through. Damn that console had some great classics.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I bought one today, because it's the cheapest it will be for a while.

But somehow I just want to play PS3 remasters so far, like the Last of Us or the Uncharted collection and the Quantic Dream Collection. (I love Heavy Rain)
The Quantic Dream collection actually shoved me over the fence to get a PS4.
Sadly the newer exclusive games don't interest me that much and I'd rather have multiplats on PC.

Maybe my interest in other games will rise once I'm deeper in the PS eco-system, but for now it's a wait and see.

Next year will definitely be nice, with all the games coming to PS4, PC and Wii U.

Platforms: Wii U, New 3DS, PS4, PC

currently playing: 
 -Yoshi's Wooly World 
 -Pokemon X
 -Fire Emblem Fates 

Zone: Europe (Germany)

I almost regret getting my limited edition Batman PS4 for $450 back in June. But then, I stare at its sweet, supple gunmetal gray ass and all regrets vanish. Although, I could've used that 150 bucks to buy more games, I suppose.

That whole list looks pretty epic. Probably 90% of those games I'm interested in. Oddly enough, the two games I'm most curious about next year are Adrift (that spacey-looking game) and Dreams. Not sure of the release dates on those or if they'll be any good, but they intrigue me the most. Definitely a great time to be a PS4 gamer. Games for days on end.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

Had mine since march 14
this console comes not even close to the ps3 in the enjoyment area for me :(

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network

Even if we see delays, the 2016's PS line-up is crazy

http://abload.de/img/testestsetesmlr88.jpg

I'm waiting to see what bundles will be available for the release of Playstation VR!

Had mine since day one with no regrets. Waiting on the slim to pick up a second one.

FallingTitan said:

this made me not want one.  those games dont interest me at all.  

maybe star ocean a bit

In curious: what are you interested in? 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Cloudman said:
Yeah, it does seem like a perfect time to buy a PS4, though oddly enough, I am still not ready to jump on it. I still have a lot of games I want to play and finish before I buy another console, and I don't really feel an urgency to get one. When I am finally out of things to play, then that will likely be the time I will buy one.

Same here with the Xbox One, a bunch of games I really want to play, especially the Halo series and Sunset but my PS4 takes most of my time and old PS1/PS2 titles on PC.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"